Anxiety Community
Anxiety/ Depression after taking LSD (help)

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

I'm 16 and i took my first acid trip about a month ago, i took it at about 8pm and the first half i really enjoyed. at about 3 in the morning my mate started feeling that the trip was becoming too intense for him so we tried to get some sleep. i lay in bed for a few hours not being able to get asleep and the longer i couldnt sleep i started to get nervous and my mood become more down and anxious. i wouldnt say i had a bad trip but i definately didn't enjoy the last part of my experience.

the next day i woke up and felt really ****, i had nothing to do and i got this feeling where i felt really depressed/ restless when i sat down and did nothing so i just paced aruond my house for most of the day. since then the feelings have dulled down but i still feel abit restless when im sitting somewhere doing nothing and everything seems a little bit worse than they used to be.

ive smoked week most days since the trip and sometimes it helps to take my mind away but other times when im sobering up from being stoned it makesthe feeling more overwhelming. I think im going to take a few months off from drugs and alcohol to hopefully let my brain go back to normal.

Does anyone have any advice or experiences they can share with me because i really don't wont the rest of my life to be like this, Thanks.
man, it is very common to go through some rough experiences after your first trip, especially when dealing with depression/anxiety.  first thing i could recommend is laying off the smoke for a while, letting your head clear up to better judgement. and if you dont already, try getting some good physical activities in during your day. even if it means just walking around the block in the mornign or hiking a trail with some friends. but being outdoors is a great help when dealing with anxiety. and if you do a lot of activity, then when you are sitting around doing nothing, you know you have a reason to be tired. and for the record this is coming from personal experience, and especially with how mild your case sounds, it shouldnt be any problem at all to help get over it. one thing is, when you think about anxiety, its usually the first thing on your mind, and you try and think of ways to get around it. skip that completely, and just think of stuff to do as recreation,  for fun.

and to be honest, it could wear off by itself soon enough, it could just be the lasting effects of the lsd, or could be your immune system trying to build itself back up, after your vitamin c being eatin up by the acid, lol. but main thing you need to focus on and realise.. is to not focus on or think about it, lol. because its nothing to worry about. you are completely fine and healthy, just a little foggy at the moment.
melimeli commented on Dads Biopsy showed ca...
mishymoshymarcy i dont know why i thought i... Comment
specialmom commented on rumpled's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms