Anxiety & Losing Weight
I was wondering if anyone else has lost weight since dealing with anxiety?  I have lost over 20 pounds since May.  Now I could afford to take a few pounds off but I wasn't sure if that was alot to take off in that amount of time.

I did go through a real hard time with my anxiety from May - August and that is when most of the weight came off.  I am trying to eat better so that may be why I am still losing.  I do have health anxiety so it may be the anxiety making me think that it is odd that I am still losing weight without even really trying.

Like everyone else I am stressed out and running around like a nut trying to get everything done for the holidays so I am probably getting more exercise then I thought.  I am not feeling sick or run down (not more than normal anyway).  If after the holidays things don't slow I down I will go to the dr for a check up.

I just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?  Thanks for listening....
In march I was 118lbs and in september I was down to 104lbs. I lost most of the weight between june and september as that's when my anxiety sky rocketed and was unmanageable. Since then I've gotten up to about 108lbs. Not nearly where I want to be but at least its a start. I was not trying to lose weight at all but with all the stress and anxiety I couldn't eat and if I did it was just small things like yogurt or oatmeal...nothing substantial.

I would def go to the doc if it continues after the holidays. But weight loss is not uncommon with anxiety. Some people gain and some people lose. Guess we are two people that lose weight from it.
i have lost 20 lbs in three weeks due to anxity and depressiom i just started celexa 3 days ago and im praying that it helps me i dont like the way i feel with it and i dont like the way i feel without it goodluck to you im so sorry you are going threw this as well i do not wish this upon anyone :(
Thanks for the responses.  I figured it is most likely the anxiety.  I am doing better with my anxiety overall and in turn I have started eating healthier so I think that is adding to the weight loss.

I did have bloodwork done in May when I was in the hospital and that came back normal.  I am just not sure exactly what they look for.  I am just going to try and move on and if after the holidays I am still losing then I will go to the dr.  
In 6 weeks I lost 12lbs. my Anxiety was off the chart with sever panic attacks even in my sleep.  I stopped working out, stopped taking my supplements so I know that contributed to about 5 to 6lbs of weight (water and muscle).  I had so much anxiety I was not eating well or much at all.

Everyone has told me that anxiety CAN cause weight loss.  I have tried to gain weight back and have gained like 2lbs in two or three weeks.  I have tried hard but I think the Zoloft I am on now is causing me to not gain weight.  Also, I still have anxiety while I am sleeping cause I will wake up in panic or having anxiety night sweats.  Just can't turn my brain off.

I know how you are feeling.
I'm sorry your having such terrible anxiety.  I think weight loss can be a symptom from it.  I had an adverse reaction to only one dose of Lexapro and have had anxiety since.  It's been about a month and I've lost 8lbs.  I'm certainly not trying to lose weight, I just have absolutely no apetite.  I force myself to eat small snacks throughout the day though so my body gets the nutrients it needs.