Anxiety Community
Anxiety, Panic Attack or Temporal Lobe Seizure?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

I have been experiencing some weird things with me, first i been having a lot of pain in the back of my neck, i think its my hunch. then today when i woke up i felt some sharp pain on the right back side of my head, but i ignored it since it didnt hurt that much then it went away. then it began again at night and went away again but it feels as if the right side of my face is numb or with pressure but something is there. Then today i was playing some video game with my friend and i went to the restroom and when i came back the left side of my jaw started tingling for no reason, then i got this feeling of fear or something like that and my heart started to beat faster and i just tried to ignore it but this happens at least 4 times a week. This is getting annoying guys please help me. Also i have been having some problems trying to sleep and when i do sleep, i sleep too much.
Another thing...i want to know if this is a sleep paralysis or something else?....this is what happens, usually when im trying to get to sleep i start dreaming and for no reason when i want to wake up i just cant move or see anything but i cant breathe and im fully aware of whats happening this only last about 10 to 20 seconds(that i feel) but when i look at the clock at least 10 or more minutes have passed....was is this?
Anyone?
My doctor told me I might have temporal lobe epilepsy.  I get frequent migraine headaches and the "seizures" consist of weird feelings - they are either very, very strange perceptual type differences I can't even really explain very well (Google the Alice in Wonderland syndrome - that is what it is, a feeling of being incredibly huge or minutely small) that only seem to happen when I'm drifting off to sleep, or a feeling of complete and utter disgust and futility of the entire world and everything in it that lasts for a couple of seconds, or an extremely elated feeling that all is well with the world for a couple of seconds.  I also get tingling in the face sometimes.  I know this sounds totally bizarre but that is how it manifests for me.  Hope this helps.

I get the sleep paralysis thing, too - it happened last night.  I was dreaming and trying to speak or scream out but couldn't do it - I also have the feeling sometimes of trying like crazy to open up my eyes when I'm trying to wake up from a dream and I just can't do it or when I do it is only a tiny bit and everything is all blurry.
I cant believe I'm reading this, I have had those Alice in wonderland feelings ever since I was a little girl, but it just became normal to me and i don't have it all the time. Ive tried explaining it to people at times but nobody really knew what i meant, plus i could never explain it. I also have had some seizure growing up but i am not epileptic Ive had testing done. I believe the doctor told me something about my side lobe. I am only susceptible to seizure if i don't eat or rest adequately. But anyways I am just amazed to hear this because ive always wondered what this is.  
Alnan commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
1 hr ago
Swollentoe commented on photo
Swollentoe commented on photo