Anxiety, depersonalization, and popping and cracking joints
I have been diagnosed with anxiety and I am currently taking 10mg Lexapro which doe not seem to be helping. I have really bad physical symptoms and I think there is something else medically wrong with me, even though the various health test that I've had all came up negative. My question is, does anyone of you suffering from anxiety feel constantly tired all of the time, feel like you are out of your body, like on drugs or living in a constant dream? I guess it's called depersonalization? But can it happen Constantly? I also have floaters, halos, white lights in my vision and doubled vision. Like, if I focus on an object, whatever other object is behind it or beside it is doubled. If you know what I mean? And when I sleep my body also vibrates. I have obsessive thoughts, I do obsessive things, I am constantly thinking, and feel like I have some kind of disease that the doctors cannot find. I cannot concentrate, I forget everything, feel foggy headed, and just feel empty. And can anxiety cause constant joint popping? I have constant grinding, popping, and cracking sounds in my joints all over my body, especially in my neck, very badly in my shoulders, my back, jaw, elbows, wrists, knees and hips. It does not usually hurt but my muscles and joints hurt and seem to be tense, weak and stiff.  Can anxiety cause all of these CONSTANT symptoms? This problem is effecting my life and my relationships and I just want to feel normal and like my old self again. I just need to know if Anxiety can cause all of these symptoms, and constantly, 24/7 I have these symptoms.THIS IS TAKING OVER MY LIFE! PLEASE HELP ME!!!
i have all the symptoms listed  INCLUDING JOINT CRACKING and have had for atleast 6 months... i have also suffered scabies prior to this so whats the chances it could be Lyme disease? i hope this is something curable. Im just about to start uni to become a dietitian and i cannot imagine mixing with people. i have no energy COMPLETELY FATIGUED and my active lifestyle has completely disappeared. I FEEL LIKE IM JUST ABOUT TO DIE SOME DAYS.... even slurring my speech as im so fatigued. blood tests show nothing, and i am only anxious due to what im suffering,,, anxiety has not caused this.... somebody cure me :(
i have the EXACT same problems/symptons you do.. like to the TEE and i also live in Hampton Roads! I  am on Effexor which helps a great deal with the anxiety but now my bones and joints just crack constantly and im so stiff all the time it just makes my whole body sore. i do yoga and stretches which help but only temporarily. I have not been tested for Lyme though after reading this thread i think i should. I am in your area so please comment back if you find anything in the area to be helpful. I have been living like this for about 4 years now and i also feel like i have some disease that i dont know about and i constantly think obsessivly and act it as well... I WANT MY LIFE BACK AS WELL!
Vitamin D Deficiency, most doctors don't check the blood for vitamin D deficiency you have to specifically ask for it. http://www.medhelp.org/posts/recovery-after-vitamin-D-deficiency/Vitamin-D-deficiency--symptoms/show/1257522
Anxiety is very real when you feel as many people have quoted on here, and I have felt the same, it took almost 7 years to find out what was wrong with me.  I tested low in Vitamin D, the doctor put me on 5,000 IUs of D3 daily which is sold in pharmacies, Walmart etc. I started taking this but noticed an increase in pain and joint popping, then I researched a bit and found it's important to take Magnesium and Calcium when taking a Vitamin D supplement.  My muscle tremors are down, my joint pain is improving, my anxiety is less because now I finally found out what's wrong with me HALLELUJAH, 15 physicians later. Being low in Vitamin D really does make you feel like you can't function and it *****, and it's scary as ****. I'm no doctor and I can't say that everyone on this page has Vitamin D deficiency but what I've read about 80% of americans do.  So there is potential that you may be part of this percentage.  I've been treating for a month from what I've read and judging by how I feel I know that this is a process not an event and it will take time to restore.  I'm keeping up with my anxiety meds until my symptoms super duper improve and I feel out of rough waters.  
I have also found that Epsom salt baths improve my symptoms of muscle weakness, tightness, and overall body blaahs. Magnesium is in Epsom salt and is easily absorbed by the skin, versus by capsule although capsules are beneficial, Epsom salt baths are kinda like a refreshing kick in the keester.
YOU ALL ARE NOT "CRAZY"!!!!  I to have had all of the same symptoms and I am a 28 yo male!  Let me roll through them again:

1) Joint pain and tightness
2) Brain fog
3) Dizziness
4) Tingling all over almost all of the time!
5) Feeling of all over tendonitis.
6) Joint grinding sensation
7) Fullness in head
8) Inability to think and at times difficulty speaking (almost a slurring).
9) Short term memory issues.
10) Inability to focus.
11) Muscle twitching.
12) Feeling of fullness in ears/ear pressure.
13) Tinnitus.
14) Muscle spasms/tightening.
15)  Feet cramping up especially at night.

I have been to 5 rheumatologists and taken all kinds of medication for joint pain and this is not a true autoimmune joint disease like RA or Psoriatic Arthritis.   I have been down this road for almost 3 years.

I also have an almost constant post nasal drip and am headed to an ENT next to see if they can find anything.  Next stop will be a neurologist.  I will not stop until I can actually read a book without spacing out!  I used to read insatiably and now it takes forever just to read one page.

None of us are "crazy."  And YES it is possibly that this is all somehow anxiety related.  That would explain the feelings of depersonalization that I get, however that does not confine us to a lifetime of pill popping.

I will tell you what DOES help the joint pain  taking medications that increase the activity of GABA.  I have noticed that drugs like Ativan actually calm everything down in my body and thus my muscles feel more loose and the pain is all but gone (this along with the crunching and grinding).  HOWEVER just because Ativan may be used for anxiety, it's true mechanism of action is to allow for more GABA to operate which is an inhibitor.  There are other reasons besides anxiety for the body to be overactive which is what I am exploring.

And IF we all discover that this is anxiety related there is still hope for us.

Most of us are intelligent well adjusted individuals that have had this issue bestowed upon us.  As intelligent individuals we will overcome this temporary handicap.

What helps my mental fog is fasting for 24 hours.  I notice when I eat my palpitations and other anxiety issues often will flare up almost instantly.  Fasting eliminates this problem and I feel so much better mentally, try it out.

This may all be a reaction to something in our environment, it may be anxiety, it may be neurological, or something else but as of now I do not have any evidence that shows it is deadly.  

Yes my concentration ***** but I am still somehow able to go to school and work.  It is like my brain is working but my consciousness is lacking.  Luckily by subconscious is getting me through!  Keep fighting, and most importantly keep posting!  I cannot believe there are more of me out there.  

Don't let the doctors beat you down. I have been looked at like I am nutcase and spent many many thousands of dollars dealing with this however we have to soldier on....

Keep posting people!  Update us!  
Tightness is chest shortness of breath is anxiety.you feel like you have someone sitting on you chest and that can bring on panic attacks.the frist time it happen to me I though I was haveing a heart attack.i ended up in the ER and hospital stay for three days.not fun for sure tell your doctor everything. Because as long as you suffer from. This your not living.
Incredible. i just got the idea to look online about this and every single thing u described down to the constant nasal drip and odd tingling-like sensation sounds like me. I guess im not crazy.
Has anyone tested you for Cushing's disease? Read the symptoms of Cushing's and see if they fit you. Cushing's can also cause anxiety and depression. It may apply to some of the other posters as well.
look for lonnie herman in florida, i stumbled across him a few days ago. I am still researching myself, i have all the same symptoms as the first entry, i am terrified.
i have all the same symptoms and am so scared, i dont know what to do, i have a roster of things wrong with me including major anxiety. i found lonnie herman online the other day and watched a video with my fiance, it all made sense. Please watch a few of his videos and let me know what you think. i live in a rural town in California.
hi i hve just found this website and im so pleased that other people have the exact same problems as me. i thought i was going mad and it was only me lol. iv suffered with anxiety for years and am taking propranolol. i have bad problems with my joints and bones. my shoulders are stiff 24 7 and loudly pop every time i roll them. my neck if o stiff and i grates when i move it side to side. but every joint cracks and are stiff (backhips wrists elbows ankles.also bones feel week and sometimes if i dont hold myself right e.g arm, it feels like bones are going to break. iv always thought it was cus of the anxiety and beng tense all the time but i had blood test and it showed borderline vitamin d, low vitamin b12 but i tested posotive for what i think is the hb27 gene. so now the doctor has refered me to a rhumatologist as there could be a possobility i have arthritis spondulitis and i have the gene. the rhumatoid arthritis blood test came back negative. im confused now if this is all due to years of anxiety or a condition? its really frustrating as my full time job is working in a dispensery where im standing stooped over all day long with neck looking down as the sides only come up to my waist. i spray freeze spay on neck n shoulders every couple of hours at work. or could my probems be due to the posture of the job? sorry its long but would apreciate any conversation about this. thanks
This is crazy. I just stumbled upon this site and feel the exact same way everyone else on here does, to a Tee! I'm talking identical symptoms. I'm 22 and constantly feel like crap, always tired, sore, stiff, foggy, and don't even mention the "brain farts" as I call them. I never knew there was a name for the out of body feeling, almost like you're not really living your life. Oh and the joint sounds, grinding I call it, every time I wiggle my toes my ankles make the worst sounds. I've been to multiple foot and ankle specialists who can't find anything wrong. I was diagnosed with anxiety/depression when I was 19 after suffering major panic attacks. I've been on meds ever since, 10mg of Buspar and now up to 100mg of Zoloft. But no improvement in symptoms, I just live with it the best I can. Though it does make school, relationships, and just life in general difficult. It seems like no one, sometimes even myself, understands why you never feel good or like doing anything, why you're always tired and sleep is your favorite thing. Is anybody else very fidgety? It's impossible for me to sit still, always squirming in my seat.
I've had my doctors do so many tests trying to find an answer and they always come back negative, leaving me baffled. I'm pretty sure the Lyme disease others have mentioned isn't a possibility, I do live out in the country but hate spending time outside and always do tick checks if I am in the woods.
It's nice to know there are others out there who feel the same way I do, and it's sort of reassuring that it may just be my anxiety and not some other illness. It feel good to let it all out to others who understand.
Best of luck to everyone!
I stumbled upon this convo too. It gives me a little bit of hope. I was diagnosed with MS, or CIS because i only had one "attack" which was double vision. Besides that i have had ongoing muscle twitches, achy joint, cracking joints, derealization and so on and so on. I had a large "cyst" like bump on my shoulder about 3 years ago. I went to the ER to have it checked out and cut. They did not find a tick but a year after that is when i had the double vision which led me to my Neurologist. I don't have any muscle weakness, numbness, tingling. all of that is associated with MS. What i am feeling now is not. I got tested for Lyme a couple years ago but not the Western Blot. I am definitely going to go to a LLMD. i am sure there alot of them here in CT!It would be so elevating to know its not MS/CIS "clinically isolated syndrome".
Omg hello I am. 14 and have the same symptoms like as you my jaw and my wrists in my joints and sometimes different places pop and crack and they don't hurt! I have the same has you I have anxiety and keep feeling out of my body which is depersonalisation it's horrible and I keep thinking I have a serious illness but I think it's our heads making us think that!
Omg hello! I am 14 yes very young I havnt been diagnosed with anxiety yet but I have nearly all the symptoms of anxiety! But I keep thinking I have a disease and I cry like everyday thinking I am going to die and I have weird thoughts and I remember a lot of things from when I was younger! I constantly have depersonalisation like all the time and I sometimes snap out of it but go right back into it! I have tingling numbness irritable eyes that itch and get sensitive when I'm outside! My joints crack all the time ecspecially my wrists and jaw conxpstantly but now my neck and shoulders and loads of other pleases have been cracking even my fingers and toes! But my back always like grinds when I bend and eve hen I bend my neck and shoulders they make me grind like to now which is really bad! I used to do so many activities like trampolining and now I don't which could make it worse as I sit around on my iPad all the day! I get scared to go to sleep that I'm going to wake up dead or like paralysed but I never have felt tem ways! I had a panic attack the other week and it was horrible I and to go to the hospital and I havnt been the sma since it was like a month ago! But my back has always grounded since I can remember and my wrists and jaws have been cracking for like two years but now everywhere else is cracking I'm going doctors in Monday about it all see how they think but I had blood tests and they came back all fine!
I have very similar symptoms and am desperate for answers, here's a list of my recurring symptoms.  Constant cracking painful joints, depression/anxiety,bad short term memory, dry scalp, thyroid on neck swells when eating certain food, small soft lump under skin of forearm, have had a non severe consistent cough, eyes sensitive  to light, small muscle spasms on leg muscles. It seems like every few months i get another weird symptom that refuses to go away. The painful joint cracking is my main concern, its been progressively getting worse and i constantly feel like a need to stretch my joints! Has anyone who's commented here had any luck finding out what's wrong with them?
This is Soanxious89, the original person who posted this question back in 2010. I am getting better. But my symptoms were caused by Lyme disease. I recommend you get tested for that. Actually get tested by the igenex labs (google it) because normal blood test givin by your PCP (primary care doctor) are extremely unreliable. I am not trying to scare you. And do not worry it is curable. I'm being seen by a LLMD (Lyme literate medical doctor) and I am currently taking antibiotics to get rid of Lyme disease. And I am getting better. But, all of your symptoms can also be caused by anxiety. I'd just rather you be safe and rule out everything else. Send me a personal message if you have any other questions. I am here to help. May God bless you all.
Welcome back..
oops! same thing is happening here for last 6 months...i m totally puzzled what to do next..i m going to docs and they are giving some depression-related tablets. But nothing is working. i m having cracking,stiffing in muscles and bones. i also have one prob extra. that is after eating, i feel unwell and imbalanced immediately after eating. my test results were good too.....hba1c 5.1%,fbs 5.05, 2haglu-6.8, tsh-1.85,T3- 122 ng/DL, creatinine-1.2, SGPT-22, hmglobin-15.6,echo lvef-73% etc etc. what can i do really???
irregular frequent urination can be a symptom?..how to get rid of it all these worse stuffs? i made several diabetes tests but all were f9.
I have the same symptoms as many on this board. The most concerning is the joint popping which started in my wrists and shoulders and has moved to knees, ankles, neck, and back. Recently I have started having the muscle twitching as well in my calves and other parts of the body.

I'm 100 percent convinced food triggers it. I believe this b/c my symptoms intensify when I eat, and I have completely changed my diet to almost all organic, non-GMO real food. My whole experience started with severe joint pain in my hands that moved to other places. The diet has helped with the joint pain, but the popping continues. And the popping does cause discomfort and pain most of the time.

Nothing shows up in tests. My blood tests have come back good over the last two years. I've had joint and bone scans that were normal. I have no swelling in the joints. But the popping is always there and started about 2 years ago. I have been on a journey to figure this out for quite some time now. I have anxiety too, but it's b/c of the popping and pain. I went from a relatively healthy, active 37 year old to a shell of that person when I started experiencing severe joint pain. Through advice of a (now) friend, I completely changed my diet. The joint pain got much butter but, the popping began.

I think it is some kind of autoimmune response to food in the gut similar to Celiac but with joint pain instead of pain in the gut. My GI doc seems to think I'm on the Celiac spectrum, and I ate gluten into my mid 30s. Once I gave up gluten and cleaned my terrible diet up to a healthy gluten-free one, I stopped getting mouth ulcers, had less allergies, and my joint pain got better. But the popping lingers and now the muscle twitching.

Folks, this stems from the gut imo. I came to this board looking for more clues or answers, but it sounds like many have similar issues with no help from doctors. Please keep this board updated if you find answers. You're not alone, and we could use the help.

And stay positive, even though it's difficult.
I am 38 and have also had nearly all the symptoms listed in this feed.  I went Gluten free over 3 years ago with the help of a natural path and almost all the symptoms disappeared and the one that always gets people is my eye sight is nearly perfect after wearing glasses since I was 13.  This happened 6 months after I went gluten free along with a host of other odd symptoms like hearing my pulse thumping in my ears.  Before I went GF I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown.

And my blood test was negative for Gluten allergy and sensitivity... After a year of being GF I saw my MD and his response to me telling him I was GF was, "you know that doesn't help you loose weight".  WTF!!!  The Medical field have their heads up their arses when it comes to this.  Wonder if he ever listened to me.  Currently looking for another MD but have not found a good one.

None the less....

The one symptom that remains is my wrist pop.  I went grain free 10 weeks ago and it went away.  Almost 2 weeks ago I had nachos at a restaurant, within a day the popping was back and more than 10 days later I still have it.  I think it is related to GMO corn.  Hoping this is it, I mean not really, because I love nachos.  But would love to know what it is.  Slowly adding grains back into my diet to see which ones create unwanted symptoms.

Wish everyone well.  Look to your foods, unfortunately our food has been so F@*$3d up.  Currently reading The Grain Brain, and enjoying it.  
HI there, I have ALL the symptoms of lyme disease as well. Did blood test (live in canada) but almost always come back negative, this has been going on for half a year...the pain is so bad! I am about to do blood work soon and send it to Igenex since they cant figure anything out here. What medication are you taking to treat lyme disease and how long do you have to take it for?  Where and who is your LLMD? Any info or advice you have will be greatly appreciated, I feel so helpless and scared!!
i have lyme and have been sick for 5 years. i have been taking cannabis oil for 3 months and am feeling SOOOO much better. i can't recommend it enough. ALL of my symptoms are clearing up. no treatment has worked and i have spent almost $200k on doctors and treatments etc. nothing has come close to healing me like cannabis oil has. please look into it you will be so glad you did!!!!
i suffered the same symptoms for 44 years doctors said anxiety depression psychoses ect, i had hundreds and hundreds of blood tests all normal, then i went to an out of town e+a and they done a blood test to check my enzymes, my amylase were five times over the normal level, weeks later i was diagnosed with chronic pancreatic disease with acute episodes, more tests were done ultra-sound, contrast  cat scan couldn't find any-thing wrong with pancreases, but some times it does not show on these tests, only with blood tests, the high amylase in the blood cause all the symptoms described, there are 286 symptoms in all, the high amylase cause pressure on the body that causes stress, which causes crunching joints crunching headaches and chest, twitching muscle spasms, hallucinations flickering white flashes and dark ones, it causes psychosis paranoia, and because the body is under so much pressure then stress it causes THE ANXIETY because of THE HIGH ENZYMES IN THE BLOOD, it is cause by the food you eat alcohol smoking; stay away from alcohol smoking and you have to change your food regime, fresh fruit white meat and vegetables no big portions, 4 small amounts a day, no dairy products, preservatives, or red meat, white bread, white floured pastry, or milk, soyer light is OK in small amounts, and salads, all low fat, low protein, low carbohydrates, starch, and any foods containing barley, preservatives, additives, you have to live like a vegetarian vegan, but you're allowed white meat but it has to be skin free because of the fat, everything baked or poached, you can have egg whites but no yokes, brown bread but no butters, marmalade is OK to spread on bread or toast, make fresh soups, vegetable, chicken, brown  wheat flour to make scones with marmalade is nice, use soy milk egg whites to mix in the wheat flour and put in sultanas, not to much wheat in take spread it out over the 7 day week, this is just what i found out about me with the chronic pancreas disease it was causing the anxiety's and other symptoms, not the other way around, so get your pancreatic and liver enzymes checked, you may need the magic eye camera down the throat in to the tummy to confirm the diagnoses, as it's a very hard disease to diagnose apart from the blood test and camera, 50 percent feel pain in the tummy 50 percent don't feel pain but discomfort, get it checked asap to see  if it is that causing your symptoms, you can change your life style then if it is, if not all the best in searching for your answers, it took 45 years to find mine. x
I have had very similar symptoms for a long time and kept looking into all of these diseases like most do. A lot of symptoms matched those of lyme, but not all. I finally found out that I was being poisoned, purposely. I know arsenic was one of the chemicals used. Might have been mercury as well, not sure what else I have been poisoned with. This has been confirmed (finally, after having everything just think I was paranoid and delusional or something) by multiple doctors.

purposely? My God...  why? who did that? I will pray for you. God bless...
Hi All... I came across your posts; I have been battling the same issues most of my life.  The more I research, the more I find.  Here is some beginning information :   http://www.wholeapproach.com/candida/symptoms.php

I had a history of antibiotic over-prescription at a young age as a child.  To simplify, The good bacteria in my intestines was over-run by yeast type bacteria.  Inflammatory issues were present from age 3 on.  By the time I was in my 20's , I could barely move.  Then came the naturopath... the only doctor that coult tell me what was truly going on.  No, there is no "magic" pill.  Basically, it is an ongoing lifestyle to keep intestinal bacteria in check or suffer the pain and symptoms of the inflammatory issues.  The reason it is ongoing is that every time I eat dairy products, sugar, alcohol, etc.... the yeast begin to thrive and the symptoms worsen.  So much for self control.   To add to it, ongoing research led me to find that I have a genetic defect that I am learning is VERY common.  Following my Mom's death, my daughter put the pieces together and was tested positive.  Many of the brain issues as well as the energy are becoming better.  Please research:
  http://melaniesmethodicalmusings.blogspot.com/p/mthfr.html
Good luck to you all.   :)
Hi all,

I'm suffering the very same symptons of everyone here, including obviously anxiety.

Anyone got any conclusion? As I could see, the suspects are about lyme, celiac disease, candida or purely anxiety.

Anyone could even get rid off joint popping/cracking?

God bless we all.
You may have very elevated histamine levels exceeding your ability to enzymatically degrade and remove the histamine.. Could be from many things that cause excess histamine released in the body. Once a person is sick from too much histamine then there may not be enough enzymes to degrade histamine.  Check out all the symptoms of elevated histamine..  Food is also a major contributor of histamine in the body. A person can get "scromboid" or histamine poisoning from bad Red Snapper fish.  Try a low histamine diet, some supplements that support healthy histamine levels are Daosin supplement (diamine oxidase from a pig) with food, and take methylfolate, zinc carnosine.  
I too had Lyme disease, but it is now in remission, however many symptoms are not. The joint popping and many other symptoms have finally be clarified with a diagnosis that explains everything - Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, accompanied by Dysautonomia, and probably Mast Cell Activation Disorder. Please check these out and see if they ring true for your symptoms. Best wishes!
wow, sure never heard of those things!
what are you doing to relieve it?
Hi, did you ever figure out what was going on?  i have all of these same symptoms and they started out the same way!  Please let me know if you did. Thanks.  
I see this is an old thread but I ran across it while researching.  I agree that many of these issues can come from improperly treated thyroid issues.  Upon better thyroid treatment, many of these sort of symptoms lessened or went away for me.  Note that longterm thyroid dysfunction can cascade into multiple problems including malabsorption.  Malabsorption leads to vitamin and mineral deficiences that can cause some wild symptoms on their own.---  hallucinations, "vibrations", depersonalization, etc.,.  (been there, done that.)  I am digging further to see is histaminosis may also be playing a role in the lingering symptoms I have after addressing the nutritional and thyroid issues.  BTW, it seems I have to be gluten and dairy free these days or I feel rotten.  
I had my thyroid checked & it was normal is it a more extensive test I can ask for???
Yes I have jaw popping and many of the other symptoms you are having
hi buddy!!!!!!!! Even i have all the exact symptoms that you have listed..
I am seriously not joking...This is one hell of a problem!!!

Try consuming coriander seeds boiled in water.. And let me know if you find any difference.
Hi,  Jade I also experience simmiliar effects, do you have a answer for all this
Do you still suffer from joint pains,crackling and popping
everyone on this thread must take SAM-e and copper. everything matches high histamines.

copper is needed for the AOC1 enzyme for histamines
also needed for thyroid,tendons and ligaments...thats the popping you hear.
copper is also needed for dopamine and seratonin.

everyone on this thread needs to get a RBC copper test asap.
hi... I have this joint popping/cracking problem also.. it's a recent symptom I've developed along with a lot of allergic type symptoms.. I have yet to figure this issue out myself.. I do have anxiety and take medicine for that and bipolar. I am 43 years old, and have been taking these medicines since I was a teen. I have an appointment coming up with an allergist to figure out what is causing all my new symptoms such as joint popping/cracking, breathing issues, stringy eye goop, itchiness, nose issues... I will also be getting surgery on my spine soon, which is due to a disc pressing on a nerve causing pain... also have had 2 heart attacks... I wish you the best in figuring out your issues, and hopefully I can figure mine out as well... I will write again after my appointment with the allergist.
I have all these same exact things but mine started after I had my thyroid removed. I have done multiple test and vitamin d and calcium were low but all other test have been normal. Looking at fibromyalgia possibly. It's awful. This all sounds to me like thyroid issues and does need extensive thyroid work done. T3,t4, free t3. I would also check vitamin d and calcium levels. I did recently find out I went bypo thyroid. Even though I take my magnesium in the middle of the day it has caused some sort of absortion issues with my thyroid medicine. A lot of people feel better when they also remove gluten and dairy from their diets. These are just a few things I know are related to this extensive amount of symptoms in your body.
Wow. I've just read the symptom list you quoted from canlyme.com and I was surprised how many of those I had. I'm talking 95%. I've heard of Lymes disease before but did not know what it was or what caused it. I've been having worsening symptoms over the last 10 years and just put up with it until  6 months ago when I finally had enough. I went to the doctors who eventually sent me to the hospital specialists. I had blood tests for arthritis and all the normal things but all came up negative. I then got sent for a full spine and brain MRI scan which also came up clear (They did confirm I had a brain though so that was good :-) ). They then sent me for some sort of electro pulse treatment to show muscle fatigue and that also showed neg. My final meeting with the hospital specialist was a bad one. I asked her whats next as this can't be normal and she relied "nothing". I said, well what do I do now then, to which she said "have a nice life". I walked out of the hospital in a bit of shock and even convinced myself that everyone must feel like this and the rest is in my head. I have not been back since. Reading all of these comments of people describing exactly what I am feeling (some even feel like I wrote them as they are that similar) makes me now think again. Interestingly, 10 years ago, I had a dog. I took him in to the woods and when we returned he had a tick on his ear. I remember it because I live in the UK and they are not common. I had never seen one other than on TV. I removed it and thought no more. Your comments made me question.. Did I get one too and not realise?? If I got the rash or cold like symptoms I would have just assumed I had the flu or maybe a wasp sting. I never would have associated it with Lymes and would have just suffered it for a week as Man flu with no need to bother a Doctor. You've all made me think again now. To be honest, You have all already cured my lonely thought that its just all in my head. So thank you all for posting your feelings here. It has given me some hope...
Ok im 12 and i have health anxiety and i have this thing were when i walk my left hip is constantly popping and its worrying me. I also have like some sort of juice sounding feeling in my shoulders if i move it a certain way. When i bend over sometimes my spine will pop or crack and it scares me. My bones rn are my main problem. My second problem is that im scared of heart attacks. Sometimes in certain areas i will have like little spasms idk what they are but their weird. I also have like a dropping feeling in my chest and that scares me 2. Be help i need some support.
Did you ever get this figured out? If so please answer. I'm going trough the same thing. I took Zoloft for a month and got off and have never been the same since. My joints crack 24/7 and my calf and eye twitch all the time. I got Charley horses in my leg and now left calf feels strange. Also the doctor said I have tendinitis in my arm but it won't go away. I'm losing my mind. Just want to figure this out.
Hope this has improved. Did you ever take Cipro or levaquin or fluoroquinolones?  Issues with joints, including popping and cracking are a side effect.  You can look at FDA guidance for more information.
You are not alone! It is a VERY scary experience. Lyme Disease is not understood and the Infectious Disease Doctor I just saw admitted that the tests used today are STILL not accurate in evaluating if the Disease is still active in your blood. Once you had had it, it stays in your system. The neurological effects are devastating and can take a long time to diagnose properly. I had horrible vertigo and fevers and a seizure and also vision problems and constant nightmares. Light was very hard to bare. Luckily, the Neurologist I went to did test me for Lyme Disease as well as Lupus and other Infectious Diseases. I did the Oral and IV Anti-biotics. The die-off of the bacteria is very hard on your system. I would start to feel better, but then go right back to feeling tired and feverish and arthritic. This all from the parasite. You are not crazy. I began taking Teasel extract and the Neurological symptoms improved. I also began a combination Flower Essence called "Beyond Lyme".  These energetic essences are quite effective. What my current doctor has told me is that my body is still experiencing inflammation from the disease which is why I still don't feel good. He started me on a high dose of Vitamin C 1000mg daily (I take liquid) 1000mg Green Tea Extract, 1000mg B12, 1000mg Garlic caps, 1000mg B-Complex, a good multi for women, and Chondoitin Sulfate for my joints because my knees became arthritic from the disease. I have to say, it is helping greatly! I can finally get through the day without having to sleep for hours. This combination is to rebuild the immune system, fight inflammation, and combat bacteria (Green Tea Extract is good for that). Flushing out your system with water constantly, using Essential Oils like Cinnamon on the soles of your feet is good. He also tested me for every other possible infection including West Nile Virus because co-infections often come with Lyme. So far, none have been positive. He wants me to avoid antibiotics at this point since that have really run my system down and to prevent the disease from returning, you have to keep your immune system strong, and your emotions and boundaries safe. The Teasel Essence works to keep anything harmful out of your energy field. Anxiety can be caused by harmful people and events in your life, and it is important to nourish yourself and identify anything or anyone that doesn't nourish you and deflect it. This disease taught me a lot about myself and that there are many types of "parasites" that I needed to learn to deflect and that I needed allow in only that which nourished me. I also take anti-anxiety medication and have for years, but I am beginning to think about talking to my Psych about possibly lowering the dosage (but only if it is safe). Many people need medication, and I was very glad it helped me get through difficult times. I'm finding now that if I can find safe alternatives, I would rather put that in my body. But if they are not effective, I will stay on the current medication. I am glad to have found both the Flower Essences, Vitamins, and also many other healing modes such as Solfeggio Music which you can find on YouTube. All work together and whatever works for you, works for you! You are not crazy, and you are not alone! Trust your instincts, and if you don't like what a doctor is telling you, find another one, until you find one you trust! Lots of Love to You! You will Get Well in Time! Be Gentle With Yourself, and Try to be Patient.
I feel the exact same way and my parents and friends dont believe anything like im contantly telling them and they think its a joke i dont know what to do its so hard to live such a negative life like i cant go to school or work after this im contantly feeling anxious and scared like a devils inside of me if theres anything i could do medications anything just to have a normal life i would appreciate it!!!!
Hi- what you are describing sounds almost textbook heavy metal copper toxins. Google Nutritional Balancing. You will find tons of info about. I have had a lot of the same things happen to me and the feeling like I'm walking around out of body having depression bad sinus head neck issues all of a sudden. I never took any meds for. I'm on the Balancing now been almost 2 years and feel like a new person. Get the hair test save your money for this. It's less money in the long run. 5 dr. Couldn't find anything wrong with me and this Balancing saved my life no joke! Only getting better!
Hello, im from sri lanka and I have same symptoms. All my joints crack and im constantly in pain. Very very much. I tried various tests for last 5 years but they all came out negative. Had meds for anxiety and depression but no good. Of course now i have anxiety and depression. Now only this is getting worse I can't even sit for like 10 minutes. Now im looking for easiest ways to suicide. What the meaning of living like this remembering old days where there was no problem at all. Maybe ill be gone before you anyone see my comment. Sorry for the bad English.
Hi Sithu1245,

We understand you're in so much pain, but we urge you to hang in there!

Sending much love and light,
The MedHelp Team
Just watched a documentary about gluten allergy and intolerance! The first women on the show had very similar experiences where her family thought she was crazy, she was foggy, tired etc. and it was caused by a severe allergy to gluten!