Anxiety Community
Anxiety, depersonalization, and popping and cracking joints

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

I have been diagnosed with anxiety and I am currently taking 10mg Lexapro which doe not seem to be helping. I have really bad physical symptoms and I think there is something else medically wrong with me, even though the various health test that I've had all came up negative. My question is, does anyone of you suffering from anxiety feel constantly tired all of the time, feel like you are out of your body, like on drugs or living in a constant dream? I guess it's called depersonalization? But can it happen Constantly? I also have floaters, halos, white lights in my vision and doubled vision. Like, if I focus on an object, whatever other object is behind it or beside it is doubled. If you know what I mean? And when I sleep my body also vibrates. I have obsessive thoughts, I do obsessive things, I am constantly thinking, and feel like I have some kind of disease that the doctors cannot find. I cannot concentrate, I forget everything, feel foggy headed, and just feel empty. And can anxiety cause constant joint popping? I have constant grinding, popping, and cracking sounds in my joints all over my body, especially in my neck, very badly in my shoulders, my back, jaw, elbows, wrists, knees and hips. It does not usually hurt but my muscles and joints hurt and seem to be tense, weak and stiff.  Can anxiety cause all of these CONSTANT symptoms? This problem is effecting my life and my relationships and I just want to feel normal and like my old self again. I just need to know if Anxiety can cause all of these symptoms, and constantly, 24/7 I have these symptoms.THIS IS TAKING OVER MY LIFE! PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Tags: Anxiety
The information you said made me think about Lyme. Do some research on this illness and get tested by Igenex. A LLMD is the doctor you want to see for Lyme. Under Our Skin is a good documentary to understand the illness. It is often misdiagnosed with anxiety, depression, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia and the list goes on. Lyme will not show in your labs, the ELISA and Western Blot test will often give false negative results and this is why Igenex is the number 1 source to get tested for Lyme but remember that Lyme is a clinical diagnosis that needs to be made by a LLMD. 50% of people don't notice the rash or simple don't have it and don't notice a tick bite.

Joints pain, depression, anxiety, brain fog, chronic fatigue are good indicators.

There is also a Lyme disease forum on MedHelp, you can try get some help there too. It's a good source of information.

M4
Thanks for your comment. I have also thought about lyme and hd both the antibody blood test for lyme which came up "High", and band 41 came up positive. So they did the Western blot on me and it came up negative. So they said I didnt have it. Then a neurologist also did a lymes test on me and it came up negative too. I was on doxycycline for another condition and read on the internet that doxycycline also cures lymes disease so I thought "Great I'm killing two birds with one stone" but it had no effect what so ever on how I felt. But both Lymes test, with my GP and with the neurologists came up negative. I am currently in Hampton Roads Va, and I cannot find an LLMD. I just do not know what to do. It is ruining my life. But can these symptoms be caused by anxiety? Is it possible? I am so scared. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
All of the problems other than the joint popping are common complaints of anxiety sufferers.  Also common side effects of Lexapro, as well as other anti-depressants, which can cause muscular and joint tension.  Also could be caused by something else, as mentioned above, such as rheumatoid arthritis.  Or not.  But yes, they can all be caused by anxiety as well.
Thank you,
I was tested for rheumatoid arthritis and it came up negative. I read on another site that an increase in joint cracking popping sounds was a symptom of anxiety, but just one website said so. The joint popping was not one of my first problems, it came later. My first symptom was increased heart rate and panic atacks, then came the depersonalization, then it went all down hill from there. Because it started with panic attacks and depersonalization I was beginning to think that all of the doctors are right and that it is just anxiety. But I just do not know what to do. It is not going away. The joint popping and the depersonalization and the fatigue are my worst symptoms. I am just hoping all of this will go away with this lexapro, but I have been taking this medicine for a month now and it has done nothing for me.  I am so scared and so frustrated, I just hope all this is anxiety. I wish someone would just tell me that they have experienced all of my symptoms and they were all due to anxiety. I just need some hope. I just want to know it is only anxiety that is causing my symptoms and that it will all go away.
So joint popping cannot be caused by anxiety? Has anyone ever had this as a symptom caused by anxiety? Please help me!
Lyme disease is a clinical diagnosis. I highly suggest you find a LLMD and watch Under Our Skin. A lot of people get false-negative results. Even if the Igenex tests come back negative it can suggest you have Lyme. A people will only 2 bands will be told negative but could be in fact highly positive. A complete Lyme panel should be done with Igenex also a complete co-infections panel. Then CD-57 for the follow ups.

The ELISA/Western blot tests are just not sensitive enough as they are looking for antigens you may fail to develop. The fact that you had one test that came up high is a good indicator that you need to investigate more on Lyme and find a LLMD along with testings with Igenex. They will do the PCR and IgN and IgG tests and a lot more.

I remind you that it is a clinical diagnosis first. The bacterias like to hide and drill thru tissues due to it's spiral form. The closest model of the Lyme bacteria is syphilis.

For late Lyme you may need 6 to 3 years of antibiotics and maybe IV antibiotics if you do not respond well to oral abx.

The illness is curable and don't let anyone tell you it's all in your head until you have ruled out Lyme disease for good. That will need a LLMD and Igenex.

M4
The longer you wait the worse it can get. Please take care.
I have found 2 ticks on my head on my scalp, they were not embeaded in my scalp, but they were on my scalp, and I just picked them off and put them in the toilet. I have tried to find a LLMD bcause I am currently residing in Hampton Roads VA, and I cannot seem to find one. Do you have any reccomendations? Or know where I can go to find one? I have had these symptoms since last Winter, right around November. Do you think if I do in fact find out I have lymes disease and I have had it for almost a year now that it would still be curable? I am so worried.
Yes it is curable. It might need IV antibiotics and a some combinations but I recommend you write me a message so I can refer you to a good LLMD I know.

Please don't make the mistake most people do and don't underestimate the possibility of Lyme. The longer you wait the harder it is to treat. Lyme is epidemic and is most common than AIDS right now but there is a strong debate among the scientific community and the guideline. Fortunately since 2010 your illness can be recognize as chronic Lyme and you can be covered by you insurance company for the prolonged abx treatments.

Please contact me . I really care about this illness and how it is treated. Better be safe then sorry. Don't let anyone say it's in your head because indeed the bacteria can spread to the head (brain) and joints, tissues and whatnot....

M4
Check out the Mayo Clinic website below regarding this.  We live in a very large rural area and have for many years.  There are deer in our yard day and night, yet the percentage of Lyme Disease in the entire state is extremely low, very rare.  We do find ticks but not the deer ticks, and we have had no problems.  They drink at our bird bath and eat from our bird feeders.  Our house is surrounded by woods for several miles.  Hope this helps.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/lyme-disease/DS00116/DSECTION=symptoms
I have experienced all of your symptoms with anxiety, except the joint popping.  Depression can make you tired all the time along with wanting to sleep a lot.  You may have both going on.  But it's always best to check out all other causes before assuming it's anxiety and/or depression.  Good luck and take care!
I think you need to let your doctor know that the Lexapro isn't working, you may need a dosage increase or change of medication.  You obviously has anxiety issues, which need to be addressed.  
I too have popping joints and anxiety along with other crazy anxiety symptoms,but never thought about lyme disease. I will have to look into it. I hope you get an answer and feel better soon!
For those you are concerned about Lyme disease and think that it's a very rare disease you are wrong. If it was not misdiagnosed so often it would be at 200,000 cases per year in the U.S making it way more prevalent than AIDS. At least 50% of the ticks are infected now.

Watch this trailer or buy the documentary. It's called Under Our Skin. http://www.underourskin.com/watch.html

Get the correct information regarding Lyme disease it is now epidemic and it only have been around since 1981. A lot of doctors don't know about it and more and more people get sick each year.

http://www.lymediseaseassociation.org/
http://***************/
http://www.lyme.org/
http://www.lymediseaseaction.org.uk/
http://www.canlyme.com/ - their list of symptoms is very good, good website.
http://www.aldf.com/index.shtml

http://igenex.com/Website/ - this is the best lab to get tested for Lyme but remember that Lyme is a clinical diagnosis first that can be backed up with positive lab results but you also get false negative results.

M4

Thank you everyone. M4Y0U, I am going to look  into finding an LLMD in my area. Thank you for all of your information and your help. I hope I find some answers once I find an LLMD.  Mama23babies, you too have popping joints with anxiety? Have you been diagnosed with Anxiety? What other symptoms do you have? Knowing your symptoms would probably help me out alot. Thanks again everyone for your help.
Good luck to you!  I hope you get answers and can start to feel better.  Take care.
im 17 and also have anxiety, i have joint popping and pian in my limbs, i talked to my doctor about it and he says that any cold or flu/handover will bee 10 timess woures because we aree always on eage anyway, but i have these all the time to, also i have bad head, dizzy, andd get the felling that im falling,you should try and get back on track with your life, no pills cann get rid ov anxiety, its your state ov mind the you need to controll, and handel,
best wishiess to youu,xxx
Jade890, I have had all of your symptoms, especially had the feeling like I was falling. so your joints do pop because of your anxiety? And the doctor told you that anxiety can cause popping joints? What other symptoms do you have? Your feed back would be great to see if our symptoms are similar.
My symptoms are severe anxiety and panic attacks,derealization,brain fog,cold sweats,sweaty palms,eye floaters,muscle tightness and cramping,popping joints and sometimes obssessive scary thoughts.
wow. Except for the cold sweats and sweaty palms, I have almost the exact same symptoms as you, plus many more. So have you been diagnosed with anxiety? have you been tested for other health issues?  
I have the falling felling when im just about to fall asleep and i shoot up with my heart going mad, yeah my hand and feet pop the doctor aid it was anxiety yeah but im only 17 if it get wores for you go and check it out to be on the save side :), also my hands and feet are always cold no matterr how hot my body is, im always tired evan if i sleep for 12 hours a night , i cant eat because i think im going to choke on my food, i have chest pains and eye go fogy too, theres a few but they are the mine ones.  
type into googel anxiety symtoms (symptoms) and theres one that comes up with 101 of them it worth a look i find it a help to know that there is nothing wrong with me.
what about you ?? its good to know that your not the only one,x
I don't have cold sweats and the sweaty palms other than when I am feeling really anxious. I forgot a few symptoms I'm sure such as chest pain and tightness,but I think that is from my acid reflux. Yes, I have been diagnosed with anxiety,but have never mentioned the popping joints to my Dr. I am due to make an appointment so when I go back I will definately mention it to her. As bad as I would hate to have a medical diagnosis I wish there was a medical reason for the anxiety and weird feelings. Good luck to you and let me know what you find out.
I used to have the exact same thing happen to me when I went to sleep. It has not happend to me lately but used to happen to me really bad. I understand what you mean about wanting a diagnosis because you are so frustrated with your weird symptoms, but also not wishing a health problem upon yourself. I too can get a whole day and nights worth of sleep and I am still so tired I will fall asleep anyhwere I sit. My joint popping is really bad in my neck, all through my back, and my shoulders are really bad too, so are my hips, knees and wrists, all of these joints seem to crack everytime I move. It is horrible. Some of my other symptoms are; ***I have had horrible panic attacks in the past year and I have suffered from horrible headaches in the sinus areas and in the jaw, I have had bad indigestion and upset stomach, muscle twitches, ear fullness, pressure and popping, very bad trouble balancing, dizziness, nausea, heart palpatations, difficulty breathing, skin hot to the touch, creepy crawly sensations on my face head and scalp, flushing with red itchy skin, horrible muscle pain, horrible treamors,internally vibrating while falling asleep and waking up, extremely stiff and weak muscles, red, blood shot and itchy dry eyes, I also have blurred vision and doubled vision, like I can constantly see my nose in my vision and whenever I am focusing on a object whatever object is near or behind it is doubled, I also feel like I'm drunk or drugged before I go to sleep, insomnia at night, and sleeping all day. My worst symptoms are very high anxiety and depression, extreme fatigue during the day, doubled and blurred vision, very hard time concentrating, very poor short term memory, depersonalization (feeling like I am in a dream-like state and outside of my body, like I have been drugged and cannot come down), obsessive thoughts, I have very fatigued and tense muscles, and I have popping, cracking and grinding sounds coming from almost all of my joints, like when I get up from sitting for a long period of time all of my joints crack, my worse joints are my neck which, which seems to crack everytime I move, my shoulders which crack are make gridning noises everytime I move, my spine, and my whole back from the top to bottom, and my knees and hips crack and hurt sometimes.*** Those are alot but definitely not all of my symptoms.

Jade890--so your hands and feet crack? do any other joints crack? so your doctor said any joints can pop and crack because of anxiety or just the ones in your hands and feet? I have read that increased joint popping could be a symptom of anxiety, but just want to hear actual people tell me so.

mama23babies- I have horrible joint popping and derealization, those are actually my worse 2 symptoms.I feel like Im living in a constant dream, like an outer-body experience, where everything looks different. what joints of yours pop? And please keep me posted about what your doctor says about the joint popping. and I will keep you posted on my progress and what information I find out.

*Again Thank you to everyone for all of your help, I'm glad to know that I'm not alone with these symptoms.
what you said about the dream in the last week iv thee same, i think that im in a dream or il have a dream and think that it actually happend. Yeah its just my hand and feet but i get pains in my lower back, i also have been getting bad headaches it fells like the hangover headache abit,balancing, dizziness, nausea, heart palpatations dayily but only have difficulty breathing when haveing an attack, do you ever wake up in the morming and think im goingg to dai today ? i get that oftenn?
My joints that pop are my hips,knees,ankle. I have cracking in my neck through my shoulder blades down my spine. When I wake in the mornings is the worst and when turning my neck it feels like sand grinding in there. I do know that I have arthritis in my neck because I had a MRI 6 years ago because of a pinched nerve that caused headaches and numbness and tingling in my arm. I thought I was too young too have arthritis.I was 21 at the time. Who knows? I also have extreme fatigue alot,headaches and heart palpitations,and alot of stomach issues. I also pass kidney stones frequently(not sure that is related). I could probably name 50 more if I could remember them all at once.LOL! I wish you the best in your journey to good mental and physical health.
jade890- yes I have had that many times where I woke up in the morning and thought that I was gonna die that day.

mama23babies- wow that is crazy. That is exactly where I have my joint popping!!!! I had a blood test done for rhematoid arthritis and it came up negative. I had an MRI done with dye, in June 2010 of this year on both my head and my neck (my c-spine) and both came up normal. So that means I do not have arthritis in those areas right? That would pretty much rule out arthritis right? But I do have my joint popping in the same exact places as you do. So have you always had the joint popping since your MRI and do you think that is whats causing your joint popping? Or did your joint popping come about when your anxiety did? I am very curious because I have my joint popping in the same exact places, and I have the derealization just as you do. I wonder if this is anxiety that is causing all of our symptoms.
Those are the symptoms list for Lyme disease from canlyme.com

A lot of people will experience Lyme differently than another person. Everyone can be affected differently.

Head, Face, Neck

Unexplained hair loss
Headache, mild or severe, Seizures
Pressure in head, white matter lesions in brain (MRI)
Twitching of facial or other muscles
Facial paralysis (Bell's Palsy, Horner's syndrome)
Tingling of nose, (tip of) tongue, cheek or facial flushing
Stiff or painful neck
Jaw pain or stiffness
Dental problems (unexplained)
Sore throat, clearing throat a lot, phlegm ( flem (phlegm) ), hoarseness, runny nose

Eyes/Vision

Double or blurry vision
Increased floating spots
Pain in eyes, or swelling around eyes
Oversensitivity to light
Flashing lights/Peripheral waves/phantom images in corner of eyes

Ears/Hearing

Decreased hearing in one or both ears, plugged ears
Buzzing in ears
Pain in ears, oversensitivity to sounds
Ringing in one or both ears

Digestive and Excretory Systems

Diarrhea
Constipation
Irritable bladder (trouble starting, stopping) or Interstitial cystitis
Upset stomach (nausea or pain) or GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease)

Musculoskeletal System

Bone pain, joint pain or swelling, carpal tunnel syndrome
Stiffness of joints, back, neck, tennis elbow
Muscle pain or cramps, (Fibromyalgia)

Respiratory and Circulatory Systems

Shortness of breath, can't get full/satisfying breath, cough
Chest pain or rib soreness
Night sweats or unexplained chills
Heart palpitations or extra beats
Endocarditis, Heart blockage

Neurologic System

Tremors or unexplained shaking
Burning or stabbing sensations in the body
Fatigue, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Weakness, peripheral neuropathy or partial paralysis
Pressure in the head
Numbness in body, tingling, pinpricks
Poor balance, dizziness, difficulty walking
Increased motion sickness
Lightheadedness, wooziness

Psychological well-being

Mood swings, irritability, bi-polar disorder
Unusual depression
Disorientation (getting or feeling lost)
Feeling as if you are losing your mind
Over-emotional reactions, crying easily
Too much sleep, or insomnia
Difficulty falling or staying asleep
Narcolepsy, sleep apnea
Panic attacks, anxiety

Mental Capability

Memory loss (short or long term)
Confusion, difficulty in thinking
Difficulty with concentration or reading
Going to the wrong place
Speech difficulty (slurred or slow)
Stammering speech
Forgetting how to perform simple tasks

Reproduction and Sexuality

Loss of sex drive
Sexual dysfunction
Unexplained menstral pain, irregularity
Unexplained breast pain, discharge
Testicular or pelvic pain

General Well-being

Phantom smells
Unexplained weight gain, loss
Extreme fatigue
Swollen glands/lymph nodes
Unexplained fevers (high or low grade)
Continual infections (sinus, kidney, eye, etc.)
Symptoms seem to change, come and go
Pain migrates (moves) to different body parts
Early on, experienced a "flu-like" illness, after which you have not since felt well.
Low body temperature
Allergies/Chemical sensitivities
Increased effect from alcohol and possible worse hangover
I have had the joint popping for alot of years,but never really thought much about it.I never had the grinding noised when moving my neck until the last couple of years. That wasn't happening when I had the MRI. A MRI should have showed if you had arthritis. I wish we had an answer for all of these crazy symptoms. You know my 6 year old daughter is starting to complain alot about not feeling well and her leg(knee and ankle mostly) hurting. I am starting to wonder if I have something that could be hereditary that she has gotten from me. I just wish we all had an answer and didn't have to suffer with this crazy stuff anymore.
I have the exactly same problem as you have. I have been trying to find an answer for a very long time.

When i was on a no-grains, no milk diet, all my brain fog cleared out and it was like i was waking up. Then i started eating milk again so i wouldnt get a deficiancy and the fog came right back.

Please try not eating histamine rich foods and see what happens. For me, the cracking starts in one hour after eating these foods and lasts for 3 days, but it can vary from person to person. The foods to avoid are: yeast, antifungals, vinager, mushrooms, wheat, oats, other things similar to these,, cant think of the names in english.. and milk. Also large quantities of tomatoes (like puree) and chlorella. Antifungals kills intestinal yeast so it is like eating yeast. These are foods that are high in histamine. Some people can not break down histamine. Look up methylation. Histamine regulates fluids in our bodies and i think that is why our joints pop. Grain like things you can eat are rise, quinoa, buckwheat, amaranth..

When i was on the diet, my depression went away too, and i got depressed within one hour after eating gluten.. i didnt get depressed from gluten free wheat, but the gluten free made my joints crack.

Jade could you also describe this "falling" when falling asleep like anb electric zap in your brain? or like it feels like your brain is falling backwards in your head? I have this too.

This "brain zap" when we are falling asleep happens for me when i have eaten yeast or grains some time before going to bed. If i drink milk before going to bed, i will wake up with a feeling of having coca-cola in my brain.. a very wierd feeling,

I was on antidepressants for a while before and when i forgot one pill, i got these "falling" feeling in my brain even when i was wide awake, so i think that the falling can be a symptom of low serotonin. What i think happens is that the brain vessles spasm because serotonin is importaint in contracting the blood vessles. When we are falling asleep, serotonin is transformed into melatonin, maybe this is why we spasm when falling asleep? I dont know.

Please try the diet and tell me if you too "wake up" on it, and if your joints stop cracking.

When i was a kid, my back was the thing that cracked the most, and my jaw. I think the back was because i was using a backpack, Nowdays it cracks mostly in my ankles and wrists. I have noticed that if i rub both sides of my wrist for a while i can move it for a couple of seconds without it cracking.. i guess the rubbing moves the fluids in the joint. I also have a sort of hives called skin writing.

About the brain fog and gluten / casein.. people with heavy metals in their intestines can not break down gluten and casein fully because these enzymes are damaged by heavy metals.. these undigested particles leak into our bodies and "drugs us"

read this for example.. http://ezinearticles.com/?ADHD-Diet---Gluten-Free-and-Casein-Free-Diet&id=4306272

I really dont think i can have gotten lyme, i dont live in a place where that is a problem and i have had cracking joints for many many years.
M4YOU-Thank you for all of your help. I contacted the Lyme Disease Support Group in my area, and they referred me to a doctor in Maryland. Do you have Lymes disease? And if so, have you had all of the symptoms I am having? This information would be alot of help. I went through a really rough time last fall and winter, It all started with a few anxiety attacks, then I began to worry about my health and I thought I had a fatal disease that I was going to die from. Then it all went downhill from there, and my symptoms got worse and worse. So because I went through a ruff time worrying constantly about my health and thinking I was dying, do you think that's what could be causing all of my symptoms? I know that anxiety can cause most of my symptoms but is there a possibility it could cause my joints to crack and pop because I am so tense? Do you think it's a
possibility I do not have lymes disease and that anxiety could be causing all of this? Your opinion would be greatly appreciated.
Angellore- Thank you for your post. I have heard of this issue that you were talking about in your post, but I have had this problem for almost a year, and the food I eat or a change in diet did not seem to cause it. I have also changed by diet many times, and it does not seem to make it worse or make it better. Do you have anxiety? Have you been diagnosed with any health issues?
mama23babies-so you did not have any joint cracking at all when you had your MRI? So it is safe to say that your arthritis did not cause your joint cracking because you did not have joint cracking when your were diagnosed with arthritis? So you have had other test to rule other issues out and the only other thing you have been dianosed with since your MRI was anxiety? And if you have only been diagnosed with anxiety is it safe to say that anxiety is what is causing your joint popping? I would just like to know because you have pretty much the same symptoms as me, and if it wasent your arthritis causing your joint popping because when you were diagnosed with arthritis you were not experiencing joint popping, and the only other thing you were diagnosed with was anxiety, then in your opinion, would it be safe to say that your anxiety is causing you symptoms including joint popping? I know this post might be somewhat repetitive, and confusing, but since you do have most of the same symptoms as me, maybe if it is just your anxiety that is causing your joint popping and other symptoms, then maybe it's just my anxiety that is causing mine. Thanks for your help and any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Yes anxiety can and does cause all the symptoms you detail above and many, many more.
We all need to be looking for the 'cause' of anxiety/depression.  There are plenty of physical ailments that can have these same symptoms so we need to be always vigilent to check for them.  In the meantime you still have anxiety symptoms and they can be treated. Irregardless of what's caused your nervous system to go awry you want relief from the symptoms and they can control your life as you are no doubt finding out. See a psychiatrist and explain everything to him.  See if he can help you find relief for your symptoms while you BOTH seek out the reason for them.  It will be so much easier if you are not tortured by them.   People experience anxiety for so many reasons and sometimes no reason at all.  If you are currently being treated by a psychiatrist then tell him the medication you are taking is NOT doing the job and you need to try something else or you need dosage adjustment.  Keep after your doctor until your symptoms are under control to your satisfaction.  
MMahon- Thank you so much for your post. Yes I am currently taking Lexapro and it does not seem to be helping at all, I am not seeing a psychiatrist et, but my Primary care doctor prescribed me the Lexapro and I have been on it for a month and it does not seem to be helping. I am also sereverely depressed because of this horrible health anxiety, so do you have any suggestions of another mediciation I could possibly try that could help with both my anxiety and depression? So you read all of my symptoms and you think that it is possible for all of my symptoms to be caused by anxiety? including the joint popping? Just as I said before my worse symptoms are the joint poppoing and cracking, depersonalization, jaw pain, widespread muscle pain and stiffness, pressure in head and ears, insomnia, obsessive thoughts and worrying, and extreme fatigue. I have had many, many, many more symptoms as you can see from some of my comments on my own post above,but as I said the ones I just named are by far the worst ones. So you do think ALL of my symptoms can be caused by anxiety? If so that is such a relief to hear. Thank you so much for your help.
Check out this link for a list of the symptoms of anxiety.

http://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiety-symptoms.shtml

I didn't notice joint poppoing on the list but keep in mind that anxiety disorder is a disorder of your nervous system.  Your nervous system controls everything in your body and if it's out of wack it can effect anywhere in your body, therefore why the list is so extensive.
Anxiety isn't an all or nothing thing either.  You may have other things wrong with you that are overly amplified because of anxiety disorder.  I think of anxiety disorder as your nervous system having a bad sunburn.  If you have ever had a bad sunburn then you know how things can effect you and hurt that didn't hurt before being sunburnt.  Just touching your skin hurts badly where before you'd barely even notice.  So too it is with your nervous system.  No it isn't 'burnt' in the same way but the effect is the same.  I certainly believe it becomes badly inflammed, at least in certain parts of your body. Inflammed, raw, and impacted by even the smallest of things.  
So yes I think all of your symptoms can be explained by anxiety, even if it's that they are made worse by it.  Realize that this isn't a 'simple' answer.  Anxiety disorder can be a complex problem that can be with you for a long time, if not forever. Therefore it's critical that you get it under control and go to a person specially trained in dealing with it.  GO TO a psychiatrist.  If you had a heart problem you'd go to a cardiologist, not leave it up to your GP.
So too with anxiety.  Go to the person that treats it day in and day out and know it almost as well as the person who has it!
You can find relief and once you do, dealing with any other problem will be so much easier.
Let me know how you make out.  
I found this on anxietyzone.com and under the symptoms of anxiety look what I found
Re: anyone have that LIST of effects of anxiety?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 01:58:29 PM »Sighs.
I dont know if it would do you more harm than good to know all of the symptoms of anxiety. I fear others will fear the things they dont have and obsess on them.
I suggest you use this list with great responsibility. There are LOTS of symptoms of anxiety. This may not be ALL the symptoms b/c stress can do strange things.
This list is one my friend sent to me. I do not know if he wrote it his self or if he got it from somewhere. So here goes:
Body

* Back pain, stiffness, tension, pressure, soreness, spasms, immobility in the back or back muscles
    * Blanching (looking pale, loss of color in the ******** or skin)
    * Body temperature increase or decrease
    * Burning, itchy, “crawly,” prickly or other skin sensations, skin sensitivity, numbness on the skin - Burning Skin Audio Commentary
    * Burning skin sensation on the ********, neck, ears, scalp, or shoulders.
    * Chest pain, chest tightness
    * Choking
    * Chronic Fatigue, exhaustion, super tired, worn out
    * Cold chills, feeling cold
    * Co-ordination problems, difficulty speaking, moving mouth, talking
    * Craving sugar, sweets or chocolate
    * Dizziness, feeling dizzy or lightheaded, unsteadiness
    * Electric shock feeling, body zaps
    * Excess of energy, you feel you can’t relax
    * Falling sensation, feel like your are falling or dropping even though you aren't
    * Feel like you are going to pass out or faint
    * Feel wrong: You, or parts of you, feel wrong, different, foreign, odd, or strange
    * Groin pain, shooting pains, fullness, discomfort, burning, pressure
    * Heart Palpitations - heart racing, pounding, skipped beats, irregular heart rhythm
    * Increased or decreased sex drive
    * Infections - increase in the amount, reoccurring, or the persistence of
    ****** Joint popping or cracking sounds, an increase of*******
    * Low energy, exhausted, low mood, energy dip
    * Lump in the throat
    * Muscle tension, tight muscles, muscle stiffness, pain, or soreness
    * Muscle twitching
    * Neck, back, shoulder pain, tightness/stiffness
    * Night sweats, waking up in a sweat, profusely sweating at night
    * No energy, feeling lethargic, tired
    * Numbness, tingling or prickly feelings in the hands, feet, ******** or elsewhere
    * Pain - body, muscle, hands, feet, hands, toes, ********, head, back, and abdomen
    * Pain in hands and feet, joint stiffness, soreness
    * Persistent muscle tension, joint stiffness, soreness
    * Pulsing or throbbing muscles, pulsing or throbbing sensation
    * Restless legs
    * Rib or rib cage tightness, pressure, or feeling like a tight band around the rib cage
    * Scrotum pain, shooting pains, fullness, discomfort, burning, pressure
    * Shooting pains, stabbing pains, and odd pressures in the neck, head, or ********
    * Skin flushing, blushing, turning red, hot to the touch
    * Skin problems, infections, rashes
    * Sore or tight scalp or back of the neck
    * Startle easily, jumpy
    * Stomach distress, persistent stomach problems, chronic stomach irritation
    * Sweating, uncontrollable profuse sweating
    * Tension headaches, eye pressure or pain above or behind the eyes
    * Tingling, bubbling feeling, electricity feeling, pressure in the head
    * The floor feels like it is moving either down or up for no reason
    * Tremors, trembling, body shaking or vibrating, body tremors
    * Urgency to urinate, frequent urination, sudden urge to go to the washroom
    * Unsteadiness, dizziness, feeling dizzy or lightheaded
    * Warm spells
    * Weak - feel weak, weakness, low energy, light, soft, like you may faint
    * Weak legs, arms, or muscles
    * Weight loss, weight gain
    * Zaps, body zaps, electric shock feeling

here is the link to this post:
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php?topic=11124.0

---Notice what I put I put EXTRA STARS BY at the beginning of this list "joint popping or cracking sounds, an increase of"
---This is not the whole list, thats why I provided the link, but do you think this counts as explaining the joint popping as an anxiety symptom? I hope so.

***Please comment guys! Thank you so much!
hi again, looking at your list, you really really really should check out histadelia and histaminosis.. i think all your symptoms can be caused by high histamine.. also your anxiety. and high histamine levels cause many of the things on your list.

i didnt read all comments to this one but it talks about histamine causing anxiety.. http://www.***********.**.**/showthread.php?t=27550

just a few things on your list: excess of energy, not being able to relax.. this is because histamine increases the fireing of the neurons.. making the brain work faster.. heart palpitations.. the adrenaline trying to lower the histamine.. increased or decreased sex drive.. decreased if the levels go WAY up.. otherwise increased.. low energy, exhausted etc.. cus you ran out of adrenaline..

as i understood it, you can get anxiety from the adrenaline rush that comes when the body tries to lower your excess histamine levels.. when you cant create more adrenaline.. you get very very tired instead from lack of adrenaline. just google it.

i have depression, skinwriting, depersonalisation feelings, brainfog and exhaustion.. i have been diagnosed for the first two problems. i dont often get anxiety anymore but i am stressed out pretty much all the time.

it is difficult to see if it is the diet since these things are in practically everything. did i tell you it is in MSG too? it is made with yeast. bad gut bacteria can make you less able to break down histamine from foods.. so this can be why you didnt have these problems before.. they damage the parts in the intestine that creates the enzymes to break down the histamine in food. maybe you were stressed or changed the diet? or took antibiotics? if a person stresses, i think 70% of the good bacteria goes away within a week.

if you are sure it is not diet-related for you (i didnt see it until i had been on the diet for a week or so), it can also be dehydration. dehydration makes the histamine move fluids away from your joints towards the organs..

i used to think that it was a yeast allergy.. and that somehow grains and milk look like yeast and cause lesser problems.. but an allergy expert told me that people with yeast allergies do not react to vinegar.. so im pretty sure it is the histamine content for me.  

if it is not dehydration.. it can be your thyroid. lyme as someone mentioned is one thing that can cause thyroid problems since the antibodies towards lyme can attack our thyroid. there is also a common bacteria that can cause the same problem.. let me see if i can google the name.. ah yes it was yersinia.. check this out http://www.thyroid-info.com/articles/yersinia.htm

when people with thyroid problems take the wrong dose thyroid hormone as medication, it is quite common to get cracking joints. i think it is the hyaluronidase that affects histamine in the body. hyaluronidase is regulated by thyroid hormones. i have a friend with hashimoto's who took the wrong hormone dose and got cracking joints.. i told her about the "no cracking diet" i know and she stopped cracking when she was on it too. the cracking came back when she cheated. when she got the thyroid dose right, all cracking stopped.
Yes I have Lyme disease and yes all your symptoms can be Lyme but a LLMD must see your to confirm it. This is why it is suggested to see a LLMD before blaming everything with anxiety and especially if you have joints pain and cracking.

I was misdiagnosed for over than one year before I was diagnosed with Lyme. They all thought it was depression and anxiety.

Lyme is a misunderstood illness and it's new. It's only been around since 1981 and it's growing everyday. If there were not so much misdiagnosis it would be well over 200,000 cases a year in the U.S and yes it is in every states now and in Canada and in Quebec and in Europe. It's the new epidemic. Doctors don't really care about it and there have a lot of debates among the scientific cummunity about the guidelines.

Please try to see a LLMD. Lyme Literate Medical Doctor.

M4
Angellore,
The last comment I posted was not my symptoms, it was a list of anxiety symptoms I got off of anxietyzone.com. It's actually only about 1/4 of the list but I copied and pasted it onto my post to show everyone that included in that anxiety symptoms list was "joint popping and cracking sounds, an increase of". I just wanted to show everyone that that was a symptom of anxiety according to that post. What is this thread you are talking about that talks about histamine causing anxiety? On my post here? Or on the link I gave for anxietyzone.com? I'm just a little confused. Also have you been diagnosed with high or low histamine? Is there a diagnoses for it? And if so what is it called? I have had many blood test and I was wondering if you find out of you have high/low histamine through blood test. If so do you know which one? I would like to go through my blood tests and see if they tested ne for it.  My thyroid has been tested more than a
couple times and it came up negative, the doctors say I do not have a thyroid problem. Please let me know if there is a blood test for high/low histamine and if there is a diagnosis for it? Thank you.
its very interesting that it clearly sais that anxiety is linked to cracking joints. im sorry, i was in a bit distracted when i wrote the last post. and i see now that the link that i posted was not allowed.. maybe if i write it like this

www. nomorepanic. co. uk / showthread. php?t=27550

and you delete the spaces in the link.

if you go to an allopatic doctor you might get a test.

www. holistichelp. net / holistic-doctors. html

at least in my country, according to my doctor, normal doctors dont test for histamine. the doctor sees no point in it. if antidepressants work, what does it matter what is causing the depression. same for rashes.. sure, if you have urticaria your histamine is high, but this cream works on your rashes so why chech the histamine levels in your body, they see no need for it. but holistic doctors sees to the whole body.

i think both histadelia and histaminosis are histamine excess but im not sure.
of course it is supposed to say

if you go to a holistic doctor you might get a test. and not an allopatic..
Thank you for your post, I will look into high hystimine levels, I will look into a hollistic doctor, and I will also ask my primary care doctor. Have you been diagnosed with anxiety? If so, what are your symptoms?
If ANYONE in this anxiety forum has cracking and popping joints as one of their symptoms of anxiety, please post a comment on my post here along with your personal physical symptoms you get with anxiety. Thank you so much for your help.
I can relate with this, my symptoms only started about 3 weeks ago so I am still in the testing stage :-(
It started off with pins and needles in feet, which progressed to dull ache in left knee and top of thigh.
Last week it has progressed to stabbing pains in different areas of my left leg which happen intermittingly. I also had a weird skin burning sensation thus only lasted a day.
This week I have progressed to stiff and sore joints as well ascmuscle spasm/cramps and twitching constantly in my legs.
I am also getting dizziness and blurred vision :-(
Lastly the last couple of days I have noticed I have very shaky hands.
I'm scared, could this be the car that we grow up in!?
I'm worried sick that I have some scary disease like ms, grapevine but if ALS
What I also forgot to say is that my joints are increasingly cracking/popping sometimes they hurt sometimes not. These seem to be all over feet, ankles, hands, wrists, knees, neck I could go on :-(
My blood test has come back clear have to go back to doc on Monday for another evaluation.
Well I have to say congrats on your negative test results so far. I was/am in the same boat as you are. I have had almost all of the same symptoms as you do. I too have thought that I have MS and ALS, Lyme Disease, and many many other things. The truth is I do not...and neither do you. If you had any of those things, you would know. I went through not trusting my doctors, going from doctor to doctor, almost looking, and hoping to be diagnosed with something because I was and still am so tired of feeling like Im dying...because I really did and sometimes still do, feel like Im dying. But Im not, and neither are you. My shoulders, hips, wrists, knees, elbows, neck, spine and ankles (basically every joint in my body), cracks and pops all of the time, especially when I wake up, or get up from sitting for a long time. I used to have muslce twitching all of the time, my heart would pound all of the time, I would wake up in panick attacks, and would mae myself sick to the point where I would throw up. My hands and arms would tinlge and burn, and I my vision was blurry, and my head would pound and my jaw would throb, and one of my worst symptoms was I had and still do have, depersonalization/derealization, and I would feel almost like I was high on some kind of drug, and that I was watching my life as a movie. I felt like nothing was real. I would cry on a daily basis, honestly, just wishing someone or something would put me out of my misery. Those are just a few of the symptoms that I would have. I will not sit here and tell you that I am cured of my anxiety, I am not triumphant in this war in any way, but I will say that I have gotten alot better, not all the way better but I have made some progress, and I still am trying. I still am very fatigued and tired throughout the day, all of my joints still pop and crack all over my body, I am very weak physically, I still have blurry vision, and I still have depersonalization/derealization. We just have to believe in ourselves, and believe that we will get better. Because I believe that we will get through this. I believe that your physical symptoms are due to anxiety. Let me know if you get a different diagnosis, but I do not think you will. Good luck and keep in touch. Remember, you WILL be ok. :)
Thankyou that has been reassuring, at the moment my nightmare is still continuing.  I have constant pins and needles down my right arm, both hands and feet.  All my symptoms are staying constant except i am now experiencing severe arm pain and twitching everywhere on me, also in my face :( I feel so depressed its wrecking my life and my relationships with people.  My fiancee is reaching his wits end as he just doesn't understand what is happening with me.
I am due to see the neuro next Sat, the Dr still isn't convinced i have got anything as he said all the things i am experiening could relate to anxiety, but my brain is not convinced i keep thinking no your wrong i have got something :(
I am too still going through a nightmare with anxiety, although some of my symptoms have gone away. I have had all of your symptoms and many more. I have had the pins and needles in my feet and hands and sometimes still do. I used to gave the body twitches all of the time. Even in my face too. Actually I still have twitches in my right temple sometimes. My anxiety has almost ruined my relationship too, as my new husband and close friends just frankly think im loosing my mind. I've been in your shoes, in the exact same place, and in a way I still am. I went to the neuro twice. Had MRI's on my brain and head done and an EEG and they found nothing. Im sure that will be the case for you too. My current symptoms are servere fatigue, horrible depersonalization, popping and cracking joints, servere headache and jaw pain. What is the complete list of your current symptoms? I am
Also taking antibiotic for Lyme disease, most of my doctors do not think I have it, but one doctor I went to gave it to me just in case to see if it makes a difference, and so far it hasn't. Have you been tested for Lyme Disease? Just alcurious, although I'm sure ghats not what it is. As soon as you see the neuro post here and tell me how it went. Send me a message if you ever need to talk. It will be ok. I have faith :)
My complete list of symptoms are:-

Constant pins and needles in hands and feet
Muscle pain all over especially arms, legs and hands
Feel stiff but at othertimes feel weak
Constant hand tremors
Feel like I'm internally shaking
Constant cold symptoms
Skin problems
Did have burning skin sensations but that seems to have gone only to be replaced with constantly feeling cold
Muscle twitching - not so bad in my legs anymore seems to be more in my right hand and face
Blurry vision
Feel tightness in the head
Also get stabbing pains around and behind my eyes
Mood swings - can all of sudden feel very low and start crying
Also chest pains seems like sometimes I'm struggling to breath
Constant joint popping especially in wrists and neck
Also jaw ache

I'm sure I've forgotten some. I just feel so low at the moment I'm convinced the neuro will find something next week :-(

No I've not been tested for Lyme as not a problem where I live
Wow! I started crying when I read your symptom list.  Sounds just like me. Do you have have depersonalization? Like you feel unreal and not like yourself? Like you're watching your life in a movie? That's my worst symptom as of now. Do your symptoms get worse when you drink, or at least get worse the morning after? Do you have exaggerated hangovers? Sorry about all of the questions I just see us as having very similar situations. Gosh I hope this ends soon. I've been going through this hell for over a year now. I really cannot take it anymore. I'm very depressed on top of all of this. Honestly I just keep praying and hope for the best.
It's really hard to say I have times where i'm sitting at work and it feels like I'm not there could that be depersonalisation?
I must admit I don't drink that much so I don't have that problem but I do find after drinking caffeine the muscle twitching gets worse :-(
Gosh over a year that's gotta be tough :-( how many tests did you have to go through? How did you manage to convince yourself it's anxiety and nothing serious?
I've only had symptoms for 4 months so fairly new to this but can tell you it's wearing me down fast :-( it's the constant horrible thoughts :-(
Hi everyone, Ive had the same symptoms

Depersonalisation/Derealisation
Anxiety
Depression
Feeling a jolt just before falling asleep occasionally (feels kind of like a mini panic attack)
Constant joint popping and aching (all way down spine, shoulders, neck, wrists, knees, ankles, everywhere basically)
Internally shaking (not had this for a while though)
Difficulty concentrating and feeling foggy
Fatigue and lethargy

Im 21 and have had these symptoms for about 3 year now, its a nightmare. I too have being diagnosed with anxiety and have recently started taking sertraline, Although i feel it is more than that. I get the feeling my doctor thinks I'm just worrying i have something serious, its not that at all, its the fact i have these symptoms and don't want to feel like this anymore. I have pretty much no life, and everyone just thinks I'm depressed/anxious/growing up, i hate the way I'm being perceived and just want to feel myself.

Also, my legs shake alot and sometimes my arms and my head.
Hi egoless,

I'm 27 and I know exactly how you feel I went to see the neuro on sat and I think he thought I was mad he said I had so many symptoms that nothing really pinpointed to anything so he's prescribed me beta blocker in an attempt to calm me down :-s
My fiancee thinks i'm loosing my mind as he can't understand why I'm thinking something serious is wrong with me when doctors and the neuro can find nothing.
But I just can't convince myself with all these physical symptoms how can this be anxiety? :-(
--Egoless,
You sound just like me too. Especially with the depersonalization, fatigue, and popping and cracking joints, those are my 3 worst symptoms. Even though I hate that we are all suffering from this, it's nice to know that I'm not going crazy, because I sure feel as if I am. I'm so happy and so depressed. I just want all of this to go away.
--Panda198327,
I feel the same as you too, I cannot convince myself that all of the physical symptoms are due to anxiety. But the thing about it is, me, you and Egoless have almost the same exact symptoms, and we all have been checked for many physical illnesses and our doctors could not find any, and we all have been diagnosed with anxiety. So maybe it's the truth. Maybe we all have servere anxiety and it is causing all of our symptoms. What do you guys think? I just want it to go away. I just want to wake up a normal person again. I hope that all happens for us. I really do.
I really really hope so. It's really weird if it isthat anxiety can cause all of this. When I went to neuro I think he was trying to be polite he did reflex tests on me and shone a light to theback of my eyes and he said there was no stiffness in my limbs. How come I feel so stiff then when walking? :-( I just don't understand :-s
How is everyone getting on?  Has anyone had any improvement :s they have started me on beta blockers now to see if they can calm me down so far no effect :(
hello again, i havent been here in quite some time, nice to see that the thread is still alive!

egoless you have exactly the same symptoms as i do, i also have the depersonalization/derealization, i think i didnt mention that before. i guess its just a sign of the angsiety. like "turning of" reality is a way for the body to slow us down and cope better??

egoless cant you try to find out if your "going to sleep-jolt" is caused by you eating the foods i talked about? for me they are always connected to the food. if i have eaten yeast, vinager, wheat etc within .. lets say 30 minutes?? of going to rest, i get them.

i think that the reason why cracking joints can be a part of angsiety is because the angsiety is caused by our body chemicals. the chemicals messing with our heart / brain can also sometimes mess with something affecting the joints.

i was thinking when i read some of your symptoms, like twitching etc that maybe some of you have some kind of nutritional deficiancy???? deficiancies can cause all sorts of symptoms. for example, we need magnesium, calcium, zink and copper to break down histamine. also vitamin b6. a magnesium deficiancy can except for causing high histamine levels also cause muscle twitching.. there are probably deficiancies that can cause your other symptoms too.

im trying out a multmineral supplement along with b6 right now, and im also trying out to eat lots of apples. apples contain stuff that makes our mast cells less eager to pop and release their histamine contents.

i dont know if it is working, it is difficult to say since i eat less "normal" food when i eat this much apples. when i eat less "normal" food my joints crack less.. so i dont know if it is the apples or just me eating less food. but since my joints pop from things that increase histamine levels in my body, im really hoping to see some kind of differance from this supplementation soon.

i hope you are all feeling ok <3 sending out some strength hugs
btw.. my derealisation seems to be much better when i dont eat milk products if that makes any sence??
oh btw! look up histamine intolerance. there is a test you can take where you measure the levels of histamine degrading enzyme in the body.. the enzyme is called diamine oxidase (DAO).

There is some information about it here

"Ingestion of histamine-rich food (6), alcohol (7-9), or drugs (10-13) that release histamine or block DAO may provoke diarrhea, headache (14), congestion of the nose, asthmatoid wheezing (6, 8, 15), hypotension, arrhythmia, urticaria (16, 17), pruritus, flushing, and other conditions in these patients. Approximately 1% of the population has histamine intolerance, and 80% of those patients are middle-aged (18). Because of the multifaceted symptoms, the existence of histamine intolerance is frequently underestimated, or its symptoms are misinterpreted. "

http://www.ajcn.org/content/85/5/1185.full

I guess that maybe you have to have some kind of symptoms of histamine excess to be allowed to take the test. i have the urticaria and flushing so i might be allowed to take it.
I am in a very similar situation and waiting to be sent to see the neuroligist I am a 18 year old female when I seem to mention lyme disease and syphilis doctors seem to laugh at me its annoying as I am suffering from symtoms (symptoms) of both of these diseases
I wish I could give a glimmer of hope. I have almost all the symptoms. I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder. I have had it since I was 19. I have been on many different meds, psycho therapy ect, I am now 33 and still have the anxiety. The only thing that works is getting drunk and poof the anxiety magically goes away. I traded one problem for for another. I know being a drunkard is terrible but omg its so much better then feeling like im dying every day. 14 years of anxiety has really beat me up. I am told I act like an old grumpy man. Well what can I say...I am just tired.
I have all of the same symptoms you have mentioned.  I'm not sure if the joint popping is related to anxiety or not but I have been dealing with this for 5 years now. Soon after my first panic attack I also started experiencing the terrible hangovers.  It *****, but it helps to see I'm not the only one dealing with this.  I don't ever feel like docs know what is going on.  I feel like if they could get in my head for a day they would realize this is serious, but they can't.   Good luck to everyone here.
Hi - i see that this post is over a year old but i was wondering if you still have the joint popping symptoms and if you ever found out what it was about. i suffered from anxiety all my life and depression on and off for the past 16 years, i was on paxil for about 12 years. around 7 years into it i started to feel more aggressive but also a lot better about myself - then about 3 years after that it seemed to stop working.  i started grinding my teeth at night and my sleep has never been the same.  i am in constant pain in my neck and shoulders and i noticd just in the past 2 months i have been having this popping and cracking of my bones and joints every time i move.  its a nightmare   i don't know if its from the anxiety or the teeth grinding.  i don't even know if the teeth grinding is from anxiey/stress or my antidepressant.  i recently got off the paxil and my dr. put me on effexor which is not working. i am in so much misery. i was wondering if you ever found out what was causing the joint issues and if its possible it could be the medication. Thanks
i have the same after cipro terible stifness muscles pain and joints cracking ,wake up already feel pain all day,i have done plenty of tests only came positive lyme and ana jo-1 antibody +++ means strange like my body attack own muscles but doctor said it migght be lyme ,hope it is and i just started doxycycline
I have very similar symptoms but with one difference my muscles twitch and I can't control it.
I have all that my joints wrist feeling like I'm on drugs znd dream all musslec soar they test for Lyme came back neg the grist time went to the er then went  week later did blood work  snd ct scan of my brain cam bak normal . Ik how h feel they gave me paxiL dident work then Prozac dident work. They make it worse for me. I think some esl it will b 8 weeks tomarrow
All that have posted here recently,
I have been diagnosed with Lyme disease. I listened to the people on this forum and am currently getting treatment. Go get help please!
I am 25 year old female and I too have experienced all of these symptoms cracking joints, muscle pain to the point where my bones feel bruised, dizziness, blurred vision, tingling in lips and hands, and tingling all over my body! My Dad struggled with anxiety and thankfully I can pick up the phone and call him when I start having crazy symptoms! But my Dad has told me ever since i started in all of this is the root of anxiety is fear. I could not understand what he meant by that because in my opinion I was fine until I had the symptoms. but the truth is anxiety is a way of thinking I struggled and still do struggle with fear... fear of somthing bad happening, or getting a disease that paralyzes me and dying some terrible death, I struggle with fear of losing my parents, fear of losing my kids, fear of losing my husband oh my goodness one day I got so upset about how I was feeling I literally started planning my funeral in my head.... fear, fear and more fear. Now not everyone will agree with this next statement but I can 100% what is getting me through this is My faith in Jesus Christ my Heavenly Father because the truth is none of us will live forever on this earth one day each of us will die and then what next. I know without a doubt that when my time comes I will be in the presence of God. That thought alone brings me peace meanwhile I know the Lord does not want me to be in fear and pain everyday... so I have a choice I can trust HIM or I can fear.....when I truely give things to HIM and trust Him they go away....the dizzyness lasted a month I finally got to the point where i refused to worry through giving it to God daily sometime every minute same thing with tingling, heart palpatations, neck and back pain the list goes on and on but each one was overcome through Christ.... I can do all things through Christ Who lives within me Phil 4:13 I can talk on and on but the truth is I am learning to not fear and to know that the creator of everything is on my side and He says come unto me all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest... agreat website to go to is http://www.intouch.org/ another great one is Joyce Meyer Ministries - Home
www.joycemeyer.org A great book is battle field of the mind by Joyce Meyers...... Praying for you all and I will be over this soon.... God Bless
I have had similar symptoms to this group and been on anti-depressants for over 20 years. They have never worked fully - removed symptoms but did not cure me.

I believe I have found the answer - and ensure others know about it as well.
It is called PYROLURIA - look it up on the internet.
There is a facebook group as well.
It is a hereditary complain so if anxiety runs in the family consider it,

Pyroluria is a genetic blood disorder, a chemical imbalance, involving an abnormality in haemoglobin synthesis. Haemoglobin is a protein in the body, that holds iron in the red blood cell. During production of haemoglobin, there is a seemingly harmless byproduct created called Kryptopyrrole or what is now more specifically and accurately known as OHHPL, or HPL (hydroxyhemoppyrrolin-2-one). HPL is a chemical substance involved in the formation of heme, what makes blood red. In most individuals this byproduct is harmless and excreted in the urine. In Pyroluria levels of HPL multiply too rapidly, and systemically bind and block receptor sites to the nutrients Zinc and Vitamin B6. Kryptopyrroles (HPL) specifically seek out aldehydes to bind to, in this case Pyridoxine (vitamin B6). This duo does further damage by attaching itself to Zinc, forming a complex which is then eliminated via urine. The result is major deficiency in Vitamin B6 and Zinc, with a wide spectrum of mental/physical symptoms. The extent of the deficits are so large, they cannot be counterbalanced by foods high in these particular nutrients.

Symptoms
Anxiety, nervousness, pronounced mood swings, low stress tolerance, depression, panic attacks, motion sickness, general loss of appetite, social withdrawal, memory loss, episodic anger/temper outbursts, severe inner tension, insomnia, seizures, tremors, migraines, acne, irregular menstruation, impotence in males, disordered perception, eosinophilia, dyslexia, hallucinations, delusions, paranoia, loss of reality, increased sensitivity/intolerance to sound, light, smell and touch, frequent unexplained nausea, joint pain - specifically knee/leg pain, restless leg syndrome, fatigue, poor dream recall, stitch in side, digestive disturbances (abdominal tenderness, constipation), Irritable bowel syndrome, gluten intolerance, glucose intolerance/hypoglycaemia, anaemia, food/environmental allergies, delayed onset of puberty, suicidal tendencies, sensitivity to medications, pessimism, hyperactivity, emotional lability.

The previous e-mail talked about trusting in God.
God works though is people - I don't want people to suffer like i have for many years.

I hope I can help at least some of you in this group.

I have been reading through the posts, and with so many of them I saw myself.  I was elated and saddened to see that the posts are still coming.  It saddened me to see that noone has been able to find relief and that so many are suffering, but at the same time I couldn't help but think I might be able to help someone with my knowledge and experience the way reading all of your posts has helped me.  I will have to go into more detail later because I have three starving boys waiting on me to make dinner. I couldn't wait until then to respond with something for you all to consider. If someone has already mentioned this, please forgive me for doing it again. I tried to read every comment, but might have missed one.  Here goes.... I will start by saying I have every symptom mentioned more than once on this forum and I know for a fact what it is not (for me at least). I know it is not anxiety because I have had and been treated for anxiety in the past and I know the difference in this and just plain anxiety.  I wish the doctors would realize that when you have things like what has been discussed here going on, you will most certainly have anxiety, and a lot of it, but if the painful, disturbing, strange things going on with our bodies would stop, the anxiety would go away as well.  I have found these things to be very hard to explain to someone who hasn't experienced it, but if you have and you have experienced anxiety before also, you would know which one is causing the other.  Now back to the part I haven't seen mentioned before that I have been diagnosed with, and the thing that was the beginning of all of this for me: SHINGLES. Has anyone else had them?  I don't know if they are the cause of everything else or part of something else, but I suspect nerve damage of some kind is behind my suffering and possibly others too.  The cause of the damage may be different however.  I am as unsure about so many things as I am sure about it not being caused by anxiety (for me).  I have so much more to ask and share with everyone, but as I said, I must feed the hungry.  I will be back as soon as I can to share the rest with you, and explain more about why I feel the way I do.  Maybe if we put all of the knowledge we have been compelled to learn, because our doctors didn't, together we can figure something out.  I know we might not be able to convince a doctor that we know our own bodies better than they do, but right now one of the things that keeps me going is knowledge and the search for an answer.  I look forward to sharing more with you all later.
Hello again to you all. After reading through some other forums it has occurred to me that it might not be appropriate to take up more space on this forum with my information because this discussion seems to be dealing with those who have anxiety causing their symptoms.  Don't get me wrong, I DO have anxiety, but it is because of the pain and confusion, and because I feel relatively certain that anxiety is not the reason for my pain, but is instead a result of it I will just invite anyone who wants further information from me to send me a private message and I will be happy to share.  I just don't want to "muddy up" the discussion with information that might not belong.  If I'm wrong in my assumptions please let me know, but for now I'll leave it at that.  I do wish all of you the very best and my heart goes out to each and every one of you because I know how bad it feels to hurt and constantly have to search for the reasons why.  I know there is a doctor out there to help all of us, we just have to stay strong enough, long enough, to find him or her.  I will keep you all in my thoughts as I continue with my quest for more information and if I come across something that might be helpful to anyone here, I will certainly share it.  I will keep checking back also to see if anyone has had any luck.
did any of you experience severe pain in their joints aside from or instead of the popping and cracking you are mentioning? This seems to be one of my latest symptoms to add to an already too long list.
thanx
This forum seems old, but whatever. Get checked for EDS. Craniocervical instability can be caused by EDS. The symptoms of CCI (craniocervical instability) pose a challenge to the concerned patient and the diagnosing physician; mostly because they're so vast and comprehensive. I would agree with the above responders that your symptoms seem to be an amalgamation of many symptoms to one pathology, but I disagree about the Lyme diagnosis. Craniocervical instability can cause anxiety, depersonalization and a whole host of other symptoms by directly effecting the flow of cranial blood through the cranial arteries which can become impinged from any excess movement in the cervical vertebrae. Check this out.
I cant believe this!! I have the same thing. What's even crazier is I vibrate in my sleep also. It wakes me up in the middle of the night, if I hold my hand out It doesn't shake it's inside my body! My joints ache pop and crack. Mine started out like yours heart racing and skipping beats and night Sweats... The Doctor said Anxiety. I'm on 20mg. Of Prozac and I take anxiety med. When needed. I think I have something else wrong with me to... My thyroid test came back 0.7 and it has to be below 0.4 before they will treat it. I hear all of our symptoms sound like thyroid? I dont know? I'm just tired of feeling bad I'm 39 and feel 100. I hope we can find out what this is... It's to weird that we both have same identical problem!!!
I had 100% similar with your symptoms and I agree that's was only a panic attack or anxiety. I was so glad that I read your symptoms it's help me a lot, now that I convince that's only anxiety nothing else. It's most likely living hell 24/7 but the worse for me now is my dizziness spell. Start in the morning when i woke up. I tell you what's help me now is stretching from head to foot every morning it doesn't go but it's help a lot. And also you need to accept what we have at least wont kill us..good luck good luck...  
i going thrue the same thing its geting to the point that its geting the better of me im like you all the same symtoms (symptoms) its a terrible horrible deasease it has a strain on my family i need to get better but dont know how anti depresants dont work they make it worse
you can get a histamine syrum (blood test) thru BioLab or Great Plains labratory. I had my son tested thru the local lab and they sent the blood to these labs. He tested High histamine. He has schziophrenia. His doctor ordered him to start out with taking Sam-e. It is over the counter. I advise you to find a good psychiatrist that studies orthomocular. I found one thru the Great Plains..........Don't hesitate, it is helping my son along with some other supplements. Mary
Hey all!
I went through the EXACT same description, soanxious89 described, for many months last year..it was HELL..had genuinely considered suicide more than once
Listen, I've recovered (gradually) and think Im 80% better now
RECOVERY IS CERTAIN. BELIEVE ME I'VE BEEN THROUGH IT (including the part where everyone is convinced you're psycho, most-lab-results-normal torture etc)
WHAT I THINK THE DIAGNOSIS WAS:
1)panic attack +
2)hyperventilation syndrome!! (please check out this one. correct your breathing technique)
(agreed thyroid is a good differential, but the tests show up negative so many times you cant really say)

SHARING WHAT I DID!
1)took no meds ( though was advised Anti- depressents, I didn't start.)
2)MOST IMPORTANT STEP- Ok dont think im crazy , but what's helped me the MOST is closing my eyes and observing my thoughts patiently , as they come and go. And notice that 'I' am the observer of my body and thoughts. My body may be messed up and thoughts negative, but that 'I' the observer..the awareness.. has still remained unchanged.
(This book helped me a lot- 'the power of Now' . Here's the link to the book online in case you can't purchase it-
http://www.baytallaah.com/bookspdf/51.pdf)

THE RECOVERY IS GRADUAL. BUT IT WILL HAPPEN. I thought I would never recover
PS- Emotional support helps a lot in this phase. Often people aren't understanding.. There's a LOT of reading stuff that will fill your heart with warmth..just saying.
PS-  If it helps, Im also a (freshly graduated) Doctor. So I had looked into each of my symptoms..keeping all systems in mind
I was googling 'joint cracking', (which btw is the only problem that is left now, and apparently is not a serious problem) , and saw your post!
I created an account JUST to reply here.. I cant let someone else go through the same thing I did, and not speak up.
Wow guys! I have many, not all of these for the past 2 months. I can feel some actual physical relief just reading this. Which makes me believe it is partially anxiety related. I have 3 herniated discs in my back and worried about my demise. Maybe thats what started it all. Some of it I think is my discs pressing on my nerves in the spine. Any feedback?
I am having similar signs..latest is popping neck...jaw pain (like lock Jaw) when brushing teeth...recently had leg feel like it popped out of hip joint...have not walked the same since then.   I am seeing a chiropractor on Thursday of this week...I also have heard when you donate blood they will analyze the sample before distributing it to anyone in need.   If you have Lyme disease or any other blood infecting disease you will be notified.   Not positive about the donation statement...can anyone clear that one up???
Have you found out anything about your joints popping?  I am experiencing the same conditions.  My joints pop all the time and it is progressive.  Let me know how you are doing.

David
Hey email me, I have all the same symptoms as you and am just starting to go
Through with tests.  Roxyroller-***@****
this sounds like what I have been going through myself for the past year or so and I am 51 and it all boils down to Menopause for me, age 51, however menopause symptoms like what you describe are due to Hormone imbalance. I can tell you for certain that if your hormones are out of whack you will suffer all of your symptoms. its not in your head its hormones! i'm now on HRT which is helping somewhat. but of course in my case I am aging very fast. they dont tell you that Menopause is when a woman starts to age. I feel ripped off big time...dont know how young you are but pls haveyour hormones checked. you might have too little estrogen or progesterone.
I realize this is far for u, bit Dr Charles Crist in Columbia Missouri is a spicialist in LYME. He worked with/trained under the doctor in midwest, he is the BEST!! I believe hix website is drcharlescrist.com. If thats not right, look him up, he may be able to help u find someone closer to u. But I know people travel from all over the country too see him, hes worth it. He is also nice to work with & knows his stuff!! I know im a lil late findng this post, but hope it can help in some way!! Many belssings!!!!
Eckhart Tolle and his books (Power of Now, A New Earth, Stillness Speaks) have helped me immensely. Through reading various books and watching spiritual videos on youtube I have had great success in understanding/accepting/controlling my thoughts, which in turn has helped me with my anxiety. I still have the physical symptoms of aching, joints cracking, fatigue and restless limbs that shake but I cope better now my anxiety/depersonalisation isn't too overpowering.

Planning on going back to the doctors to talk more about maybe a fibromyalgia diagnosis as she mentioned that to me on my last visit, I'm also going to mention lyme and see if I can get tested for that.

The biggest problem for me at the moment is that I'm on job seekers allowance and expected to look and apply for jobs, which I don't do cause it would make my life hell and I have to lie and say I've applied for jobs which I haven't. It's easier to do that than explain the reality of my situation to them which I did try once. I'm just hoping I can get myself in a workable state in the near future or maybe go on the sick cause I wont be able to keep this up for much longer.

Anyway if anyone wants to watch the videos I mentioned then just do a search on youtube for "Mooji", "Burt Harding", "Eckhart Tolle" they may really hit home and change your life. Try to be open minded, I myself never ever expected to become spiritual at all as I am atheist but spirituality without religious dogma has helped me so much.
Well guys this sounds so familiar. I have an issue with my hips getting out of whack. I have played sports forever. I am now 39, and my lower left side of back was aching. I knew it was time for adjustment. I also noticed my bowels where off schedule, and an adjustment sometimes help.  Well that didnt help.  Then i started wondering what was wrong. Went to doctor and gave me high dose of laxatives to clear out constipation.  No luck, still felt like i was constipated. Got xray and it showed i had some stool, but no blockage. I must say i had been working out and changed my eating habits before this started. I then had a panic attack that i thought was a heart attack.  Went back to doc and ran an ekg, which was negative. Talk to doc and he asked me if i was depressed, i broke down. I have always been insecure and i worry about everything. I always think the worst in most situations. He put me on welabutrin, and a small dose of something for attacks. I felt tingling in my inner thighs, so i went to er and had a ct scan. Everything was normal except L5-S1 in my back that was degenerative. Which is a big deal. I have had blood tests and all good. now tingling gone, but left side jaw wants to twitch and right hand is on the verge of cramping up. My right foot gets numb too. Never constant and only lasts a few minutes. Now middle of back feels tight or swollen feeling. I do pull my shoulder blades back and get some popping. Funny thing is, physically, i feel great! I play golf and no problems unless i think about my issues. But my love for the game has reduced since this has started. Which is very odd. My wife wasnt very supportive at first, then i asked her to please look it up.  She is much more supportive now. Im the kid of guy who thinks that she will leave me because im always upset at guys i dont know, commenting on her facebook page. Could be the reason for all of this!
I am having all the simptoms mentioned also mygrain, headaches, jumpy irritated, all my spine in costant pain, hands shaking, feet numb cold

At first started i started this smell from my penis and underwear then notice my penis liking yelliiw sticky substance a little like the pre-come  but came out unvolutary ( when not jacking off) ir trying) but smelled horrible the lasted only like 2 days. I thoght was gonorrea, sifilis or aids. But my bones were already cracking after i started in this medications 3 weeks before this happened. Also im still inpatient at a mental health for treatment if ptsd, depresiion anxiety because of military combat. I was taken to the ER HOSPITAL twice and they didnt do anything besides numb my back pain. Numbnes only lasted for 2 hour then pain again. Sometimws i feel good for a couple of hours after resting but soones i walk o sit my back pain start in my spine, sore muscles all over my body.
I too have most of the symptoms that everyone has descibed and blood work always looks great i just came to except i was going to be like this for the rest of my life,but after a couple of years of it i desided to do something about it myself and looked into taking supplements and i feel better as the days go on,this is not a quick cure but if you stay with it after a month or two you will see big difference this is what i take daily GNC mega men sport multivitamin dont take anything of lesser quality they will not work,i also take Hawthorn berry,korean ginseng,valerian root,omega3 fish oil,calcium-magnesium-zinc supplement and ginko biloba for memory support the valerian root and the hawthorn berry i take in the evening mostly because it makes you sleepy and i get a good night sleep,hope this info helps someone like it has me,almost forgot i drink protein shakes 2 times a day for muscle growth.
i feel like you do everyday for the past year im convinced today im gunna die but the i also think another of feeling like this its so hard being here but feeling as if your not my memory is shot i also question am i actually dead and dont know just watching my life go by and its getting worse the depersonalisation feeling is so intense i just want my life back i cant cope anymore i dont want to be here if this is all i have to look forward to
I have anxiety and my doctor just put me on a 100mg Zoloft and I am very scared to take it. Any have any suggestions.
I am diagnosed with severe anxiety and seperation anxiety and suffer from alot of dehumanization. i have been expirencing random muscle movement all over my body randomly. Pain in extremly amplified and when i eat i fell like the pressure in my throat make my chest explode. My ribs hurt constantly along with my back.. My joints also crack constantly whenever i move.. i also have muscle spams and a feeling of my feet 'ticking' nonstop. when  look at the light i have extemly long chaser effects. something in my ear feels like it constricting or opening up which is odd. Someone please help me the doctors only keep sending me back to the Psychiotrist.. Anxiety is literally killing me and has been my whole intire life.
just a warning on the no more panic site given..its a bit of a black hole. a lot of people leave worse than they joined. or leave to avoid getting worse. the admin are there for themself, not others..and they often drag members down. there might be some good info. but if some of the replies you get from admin dont seem that helpful (not to mention the useful replies you dont get from good members who already left) ..its not just you who thought that
I have the same syptoms (symptoms)!! And when I was little had a tick on my scalp and one on my arm. This was when I was 7 I am now 21 and these symptoms all started after a panic attack but I also have muscle spasms. I've been tested for thyroid HIV diabetes and anemia, I'm worried I have multiple sclorosis or Lyme.. Seeing a new doctor next week and I'm so scared! I thought I was the only one experiencing these symptoms :,(  not know wth is wrong is the worst part. It's ruining my life !
Hi I have alot of what you Have described but some tremors they are look at ms due to lessons I have but so many things can go misdiagnosed I too tested negative for Lyme not once but 5 times! I do have to ask when your joints crack do you feel high?? I seem to have that when mine crack I also am in the Hampton roads area and know our medical options are limited but if you can get to Richmond vcu they may be willing to dig deeper however they dismissed me with a we don't know" but I know others that have had great results my personal email is ***@**** if you want to talk further hope you get answers soon
Hi my names john im 18 yrs old ...i used to be very active..one that would try to always out do the other guy...and now my bones hurt...joints pop every time i walk and...my grip is weakening...my memory is bad ..memory foggy..
I have bad anxiety and I seem to be experiencing the exact joint problems you are
Guys, YOU ARE NOT SICK. Our bodies have been experiencing tremendous change in a process of a global transition. Look up Ascension process/symptoms, Kundalini awakening, DNA activation, light body activation.. even if it all sounds strange, just google a bit and you'll be amazed to find all your symptoms listed.
I'm also in the club with cracking joints all over my body, muscle tension, anxiety, depressive moods, depersonalisation, jumping heart, foggy vision and foggy mind, etc. I've tried so many methods to relieve the symptoms and some of them worked, for example EFT, PSTEC (great for emotions and traumatic memories), yoga, best for the spine and the cracking is thai chi / Qi Gong (youtube videos are really useful too), drawing (yes, drawing!! just blow your emotional state out onto paper and it will remove lots of the tension)... Spend more time in Nature, observe your thoughts as mentioned above, face your fears and ask your body and soul why they're giving you these signals.

So, I'll repeat: YOU ARE NOT SICK. In fact, you might be on an amazing journey that will make you healthier, more loving and conscious than ever. Just stop and listen. And try different things until you find out what works best for you. I wish you luck and strength. You're going to get through this, promise :))

P.S. for example http://www.edgemagazine.net/2007/10/57-ascension-symptoms/#comment-11853
http://soundofheart.org/galacticfreepress/content/guess-what-they%E2%80%99re-kundalini-rising-ascension-symptoms-brilliant-repost
http://www.infinite-manifesting.org/DNAChangingSymptoms.html
I could not even believe when I read your comment. I felt like I had written it. I have never even looked at a blog or anything like this, let alone responded to one, but I want to cry (both happy and empathy tears) because I am a 24 year old who feels as though the last 2 plus years of my life have been completely wasted and completely stripped me of the person I used to be. I have literally every symptom you do. The joint popping is the worst. I can move my wrist/toe/basically any body part, and my jaw will start popping out of control. my stepfather had a stroke two years ago, and i thought mayeb that was why i started having anxiety attacks. I used to be active physcially, socially, etc. My life has been so insanely negatively affected by these problems I cannot even describe it.
I stopped going to doctors because they all make me feel like I am losing my mind which just increased my anxiety and eventually the CONSTANT PAIN/POPPING has led me to stop most things I love to do and become completely depressed.
I do have my psychology degree (only bachelors and defnitely not claiming to be a pro! I but, I am aware that anxiety can create insane symptoms that you would never ever imagine could be related to anxiety and depression. I I am most worried about the joint pain as of now because I literally cannot stand it. It feel almost like a million little bubbles are popping in my jaw and then it goes to my neck, shoulders, hips, knees, and to my feet. I dont only get the "bubble pops", but I also get huge and painfully loud pops..mostly in the jaw but also a great deal in my wrist and knees. I am so tired of feeling crazy. I am only 24.
NO idea where to turn. Doctors treat me like they have never heard of the things I am telling them. which is your list to a TEE no exxaggeration..still cant believe the similarities. I am a speech language pathologist recently started my career, and I just want answers. Thank you so so much for posting this soanxious89! I know exactly how you feel unfortunately. It's sad because as I said I have almost stopped doctoring completely...accepting the fact that it is due to anxiety. I dont know though..I believe I am pretty educated and self aware in a sense of my body and I just cannot believe that anxiety would literally be ruining my body and spirit/personality.
I have had anxiety my entire life..obviously worsening with age and responsibilities, but even at my most anxious time of life in graduate school and after my mother passed away, I never ever experienced these symptoms (joint pain, foggy, tingling of limbs/feet etc) and I believe a huge cause of my anxiety expanding into a deep depression is the fact that I went from a successful, healthy/stable, never paranoid/hypochondriac, etc. to someone whom doctors look at like I am lying. I feel so awful that anyone has to feel this way.
I have had depression and anxiety for 4 years now.  I have had ear popping and a pressure sensation across my left side of my face - culminating in my jaw muscles being tight whereby I have to crack it or massage it almost every hour.  My friends and family don't know this, but after a few minutes, all I want to do is pass out on my couch, but I soldier on throughout the day.  The worst is being at work, when the pressure on my left eye gets heavier, my ears and jaw go haywire, and everything I say or do becomes a painful, mentally anquished dream - a life prison if you will.  I can also crack my neck, and it feels like its cracking all the way through down to my lower spinal column.  Anxiety suuuuucks so bad...  but I soldier on.  Good luck everybody, and god's speed.
This discussion is closed to new comments.  If you'd like to start a new topic, please click the "Post a Question" button at the top of this page.

________________________________________________

** CLOSED DISCUSSION**
            NO MORE COMMENTS PLEASE
I've had the same for awhile now, the sudden jolt was there for like a year, then went away for a couple years, and now it's back every once in awhile. I've been having some muscle issues (fatigue in knees/legs, and arms),  but was in the middle of getting life insurance and LTD so I've being holding off going to a doctor till I'm finished, which should be in a couple weeks. 3 months ago I felt some shaking in hands, and my legs were bothering me a little then, so I went to regular dr and neurologist, both of whom thought it was stress (just finished CPA). Neurologist did EEG and neurology exam and said everything seemed normal. Even when I called 2 weeks later about legs feeling weak when walking, he felt it was nothing. I had MRI 5 months ago which was normal (I have migraines so every few years I get one to make sure all is normal), and neurologist said it wasn't ALS or Parkinsons, and because of the MRI, wasn't MS. Since then have have felt some weakness in arm muscles, and jaw feels tired/throbbing a little. Also knees crack a lot. Wrote to a neuroloigist online who thought just anxiety, as do all my friends. But I'm still really worried, and just waiting till I can go back to doctor and neurologist.
i have all the symptoms listed  INCLUDING JOINT CRACKING and have had for atleast 6 months... i have also suffered scabies prior to this so whats the chances it could be Lyme disease? i hope this is something curable. Im just about to start uni to become a dietitian and i cannot imagine mixing with people. i have no energy COMPLETELY FATIGUED and my active lifestyle has completely disappeared. I FEEL LIKE IM JUST ABOUT TO DIE SOME DAYS.... even slurring my speech as im so fatigued. blood tests show nothing, and i am only anxious due to what im suffering,,, anxiety has not caused this.... somebody cure me :(
i have the EXACT same problems/symptons you do.. like to the TEE and i also live in Hampton Roads! I  am on Effexor which helps a great deal with the anxiety but now my bones and joints just crack constantly and im so stiff all the time it just makes my whole body sore. i do yoga and stretches which help but only temporarily. I have not been tested for Lyme though after reading this thread i think i should. I am in your area so please comment back if you find anything in the area to be helpful. I have been living like this for about 4 years now and i also feel like i have some disease that i dont know about and i constantly think obsessivly and act it as well... I WANT MY LIFE BACK AS WELL!
Vitamin D Deficiency, most doctors don't check the blood for vitamin D deficiency you have to specifically ask for it. http://www.medhelp.org/posts/recovery-after-vitamin-D-deficiency/Vitamin-D-deficiency--symptoms/show/1257522
Anxiety is very real when you feel as many people have quoted on here, and I have felt the same, it took almost 7 years to find out what was wrong with me.  I tested low in Vitamin D, the doctor put me on 5,000 IUs of D3 daily which is sold in pharmacies, Walmart etc. I started taking this but noticed an increase in pain and joint popping, then I researched a bit and found it's important to take Magnesium and Calcium when taking a Vitamin D supplement.  My muscle tremors are down, my joint pain is improving, my anxiety is less because now I finally found out what's wrong with me HALLELUJAH, 15 physicians later. Being low in Vitamin D really does make you feel like you can't function and it *****, and it's scary as ****. I'm no doctor and I can't say that everyone on this page has Vitamin D deficiency but what I've read about 80% of americans do.  So there is potential that you may be part of this percentage.  I've been treating for a month from what I've read and judging by how I feel I know that this is a process not an event and it will take time to restore.  I'm keeping up with my anxiety meds until my symptoms super duper improve and I feel out of rough waters.  
I have also found that Epsom salt baths improve my symptoms of muscle weakness, tightness, and overall body blaahs. Magnesium is in Epsom salt and is easily absorbed by the skin, versus by capsule although capsules are beneficial, Epsom salt baths are kinda like a refreshing kick in the keester.
YOU ALL ARE NOT "CRAZY"!!!!  I to have had all of the same symptoms and I am a 28 yo male!  Let me roll through them again:

1) Joint pain and tightness
2) Brain fog
3) Dizziness
4) Tingling all over almost all of the time!
5) Feeling of all over tendonitis.
6) Joint grinding sensation
7) Fullness in head
8) Inability to think and at times difficulty speaking (almost a slurring).
9) Short term memory issues.
10) Inability to focus.
11) Muscle twitching.
12) Feeling of fullness in ears/ear pressure.
13) Tinnitus.
14) Muscle spasms/tightening.
15)  Feet cramping up especially at night.

I have been to 5 rheumatologists and taken all kinds of medication for joint pain and this is not a true autoimmune joint disease like RA or Psoriatic Arthritis.   I have been down this road for almost 3 years.

I also have an almost constant post nasal drip and am headed to an ENT next to see if they can find anything.  Next stop will be a neurologist.  I will not stop until I can actually read a book without spacing out!  I used to read insatiably and now it takes forever just to read one page.

None of us are "crazy."  And YES it is possibly that this is all somehow anxiety related.  That would explain the feelings of depersonalization that I get, however that does not confine us to a lifetime of pill popping.

I will tell you what DOES help the joint pain  taking medications that increase the activity of GABA.  I have noticed that drugs like Ativan actually calm everything down in my body and thus my muscles feel more loose and the pain is all but gone (this along with the crunching and grinding).  HOWEVER just because Ativan may be used for anxiety, it's true mechanism of action is to allow for more GABA to operate which is an inhibitor.  There are other reasons besides anxiety for the body to be overactive which is what I am exploring.

And IF we all discover that this is anxiety related there is still hope for us.

Most of us are intelligent well adjusted individuals that have had this issue bestowed upon us.  As intelligent individuals we will overcome this temporary handicap.

What helps my mental fog is fasting for 24 hours.  I notice when I eat my palpitations and other anxiety issues often will flare up almost instantly.  Fasting eliminates this problem and I feel so much better mentally, try it out.

This may all be a reaction to something in our environment, it may be anxiety, it may be neurological, or something else but as of now I do not have any evidence that shows it is deadly.  

Yes my concentration ***** but I am still somehow able to go to school and work.  It is like my brain is working but my consciousness is lacking.  Luckily by subconscious is getting me through!  Keep fighting, and most importantly keep posting!  I cannot believe there are more of me out there.  

Don't let the doctors beat you down. I have been looked at like I am nutcase and spent many many thousands of dollars dealing with this however we have to soldier on....

Keep posting people!  Update us!  
Tightness is chest shortness of breath is anxiety.you feel like you have someone sitting on you chest and that can bring on panic attacks.the frist time it happen to me I though I was haveing a heart attack.i ended up in the ER and hospital stay for three days.not fun for sure tell your doctor everything. Because as long as you suffer from. This your not living.
Incredible. i just got the idea to look online about this and every single thing u described down to the constant nasal drip and odd tingling-like sensation sounds like me. I guess im not crazy.
Has anyone tested you for Cushing's disease? Read the symptoms of Cushing's and see if they fit you. Cushing's can also cause anxiety and depression. It may apply to some of the other posters as well.
look for lonnie herman in florida, i stumbled across him a few days ago. I am still researching myself, i have all the same symptoms as the first entry, i am terrified.
i have all the same symptoms and am so scared, i dont know what to do, i have a roster of things wrong with me including major anxiety. i found lonnie herman online the other day and watched a video with my fiance, it all made sense. Please watch a few of his videos and let me know what you think. i live in a rural town in California.
hi i hve just found this website and im so pleased that other people have the exact same problems as me. i thought i was going mad and it was only me lol. iv suffered with anxiety for years and am taking propranolol. i have bad problems with my joints and bones. my shoulders are stiff 24 7 and loudly pop every time i roll them. my neck if o stiff and i grates when i move it side to side. but every joint cracks and are stiff (backhips wrists elbows ankles.also bones feel week and sometimes if i dont hold myself right e.g arm, it feels like bones are going to break. iv always thought it was cus of the anxiety and beng tense all the time but i had blood test and it showed borderline vitamin d, low vitamin b12 but i tested posotive for what i think is the hb27 gene. so now the doctor has refered me to a rhumatologist as there could be a possobility i have arthritis spondulitis and i have the gene. the rhumatoid arthritis blood test came back negative. im confused now if this is all due to years of anxiety or a condition? its really frustrating as my full time job is working in a dispensery where im standing stooped over all day long with neck looking down as the sides only come up to my waist. i spray freeze spay on neck n shoulders every couple of hours at work. or could my probems be due to the posture of the job? sorry its long but would apreciate any conversation about this. thanks
This is crazy. I just stumbled upon this site and feel the exact same way everyone else on here does, to a Tee! I'm talking identical symptoms. I'm 22 and constantly feel like crap, always tired, sore, stiff, foggy, and don't even mention the "brain farts" as I call them. I never knew there was a name for the out of body feeling, almost like you're not really living your life. Oh and the joint sounds, grinding I call it, every time I wiggle my toes my ankles make the worst sounds. I've been to multiple foot and ankle specialists who can't find anything wrong. I was diagnosed with anxiety/depression when I was 19 after suffering major panic attacks. I've been on meds ever since, 10mg of Buspar and now up to 100mg of Zoloft. But no improvement in symptoms, I just live with it the best I can. Though it does make school, relationships, and just life in general difficult. It seems like no one, sometimes even myself, understands why you never feel good or like doing anything, why you're always tired and sleep is your favorite thing. Is anybody else very fidgety? It's impossible for me to sit still, always squirming in my seat.
I've had my doctors do so many tests trying to find an answer and they always come back negative, leaving me baffled. I'm pretty sure the Lyme disease others have mentioned isn't a possibility, I do live out in the country but hate spending time outside and always do tick checks if I am in the woods.
It's nice to know there are others out there who feel the same way I do, and it's sort of reassuring that it may just be my anxiety and not some other illness. It feel good to let it all out to others who understand.
Best of luck to everyone!
I stumbled upon this convo too. It gives me a little bit of hope. I was diagnosed with MS, or CIS because i only had one "attack" which was double vision. Besides that i have had ongoing muscle twitches, achy joint, cracking joints, derealization and so on and so on. I had a large "cyst" like bump on my shoulder about 3 years ago. I went to the ER to have it checked out and cut. They did not find a tick but a year after that is when i had the double vision which led me to my Neurologist. I don't have any muscle weakness, numbness, tingling. all of that is associated with MS. What i am feeling now is not. I got tested for Lyme a couple years ago but not the Western Blot. I am definitely going to go to a LLMD. i am sure there alot of them here in CT!It would be so elevating to know its not MS/CIS "clinically isolated syndrome".
Omg hello I am. 14 and have the same symptoms like as you my jaw and my wrists in my joints and sometimes different places pop and crack and they don't hurt! I have the same has you I have anxiety and keep feeling out of my body which is depersonalisation it's horrible and I keep thinking I have a serious illness but I think it's our heads making us think that!
Omg hello! I am 14 yes very young I havnt been diagnosed with anxiety yet but I have nearly all the symptoms of anxiety! But I keep thinking I have a disease and I cry like everyday thinking I am going to die and I have weird thoughts and I remember a lot of things from when I was younger! I constantly have depersonalisation like all the time and I sometimes snap out of it but go right back into it! I have tingling numbness irritable eyes that itch and get sensitive when I'm outside! My joints crack all the time ecspecially my wrists and jaw conxpstantly but now my neck and shoulders and loads of other pleases have been cracking even my fingers and toes! But my back always like grinds when I bend and eve hen I bend my neck and shoulders they make me grind like to now which is really bad! I used to do so many activities like trampolining and now I don't which could make it worse as I sit around on my iPad all the day! I get scared to go to sleep that I'm going to wake up dead or like paralysed but I never have felt tem ways! I had a panic attack the other week and it was horrible I and to go to the hospital and I havnt been the sma since it was like a month ago! But my back has always grounded since I can remember and my wrists and jaws have been cracking for like two years but now everywhere else is cracking I'm going doctors in Monday about it all see how they think but I had blood tests and they came back all fine!
I have very similar symptoms and am desperate for answers, here's a list of my recurring symptoms.  Constant cracking painful joints, depression/anxiety,bad short term memory, dry scalp, thyroid on neck swells when eating certain food, small soft lump under skin of forearm, have had a non severe consistent cough, eyes sensitive  to light, small muscle spasms on leg muscles. It seems like every few months i get another weird symptom that refuses to go away. The painful joint cracking is my main concern, its been progressively getting worse and i constantly feel like a need to stretch my joints! Has anyone who's commented here had any luck finding out what's wrong with them?
This is Soanxious89, the original person who posted this question back in 2010. I am getting better. But my symptoms were caused by Lyme disease. I recommend you get tested for that. Actually get tested by the igenex labs (google it) because normal blood test givin by your PCP (primary care doctor) are extremely unreliable. I am not trying to scare you. And do not worry it is curable. I'm being seen by a LLMD (Lyme literate medical doctor) and I am currently taking antibiotics to get rid of Lyme disease. And I am getting better. But, all of your symptoms can also be caused by anxiety. I'd just rather you be safe and rule out everything else. Send me a personal message if you have any other questions. I am here to help. May God bless you all.
Welcome back..
oops! same thing is happening here for last 6 months...i m totally puzzled what to do next..i m going to docs and they are giving some depression-related tablets. But nothing is working. i m having cracking,stiffing in muscles and bones. i also have one prob extra. that is after eating, i feel unwell and imbalanced immediately after eating. my test results were good too.....hba1c 5.1%,fbs 5.05, 2haglu-6.8, tsh-1.85,T3- 122 ng/DL, creatinine-1.2, SGPT-22, hmglobin-15.6,echo lvef-73% etc etc. what can i do really???
irregular frequent urination can be a symptom?..how to get rid of it all these worse stuffs? i made several diabetes tests but all were f9.
sounds alot like my own symptoms but i believe im a TARGETED INDIVIDUAL and its due to direct energy weapons (microwave guns) electromagnetic tecnology. government mind contol. just an option 2 take a look at.
I have the same symptoms as many on this board. The most concerning is the joint popping which started in my wrists and shoulders and has moved to knees, ankles, neck, and back. Recently I have started having the muscle twitching as well in my calves and other parts of the body.

I'm 100 percent convinced food triggers it. I believe this b/c my symptoms intensify when I eat, and I have completely changed my diet to almost all organic, non-GMO real food. My whole experience started with severe joint pain in my hands that moved to other places. The diet has helped with the joint pain, but the popping continues. And the popping does cause discomfort and pain most of the time.

Nothing shows up in tests. My blood tests have come back good over the last two years. I've had joint and bone scans that were normal. I have no swelling in the joints. But the popping is always there and started about 2 years ago. I have been on a journey to figure this out for quite some time now. I have anxiety too, but it's b/c of the popping and pain. I went from a relatively healthy, active 37 year old to a shell of that person when I started experiencing severe joint pain. Through advice of a (now) friend, I completely changed my diet. The joint pain got much butter but, the popping began.

I think it is some kind of autoimmune response to food in the gut similar to Celiac but with joint pain instead of pain in the gut. My GI doc seems to think I'm on the Celiac spectrum, and I ate gluten into my mid 30s. Once I gave up gluten and cleaned my terrible diet up to a healthy gluten-free one, I stopped getting mouth ulcers, had less allergies, and my joint pain got better. But the popping lingers and now the muscle twitching.

Folks, this stems from the gut imo. I came to this board looking for more clues or answers, but it sounds like many have similar issues with no help from doctors. Please keep this board updated if you find answers. You're not alone, and we could use the help.

And stay positive, even though it's difficult.
I am 38 and have also had nearly all the symptoms listed in this feed.  I went Gluten free over 3 years ago with the help of a natural path and almost all the symptoms disappeared and the one that always gets people is my eye sight is nearly perfect after wearing glasses since I was 13.  This happened 6 months after I went gluten free along with a host of other odd symptoms like hearing my pulse thumping in my ears.  Before I went GF I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown.

And my blood test was negative for Gluten allergy and sensitivity... After a year of being GF I saw my MD and his response to me telling him I was GF was, "you know that doesn't help you loose weight".  WTF!!!  The Medical field have their heads up their arses when it comes to this.  Wonder if he ever listened to me.  Currently looking for another MD but have not found a good one.

None the less....

The one symptom that remains is my wrist pop.  I went grain free 10 weeks ago and it went away.  Almost 2 weeks ago I had nachos at a restaurant, within a day the popping was back and more than 10 days later I still have it.  I think it is related to GMO corn.  Hoping this is it, I mean not really, because I love nachos.  But would love to know what it is.  Slowly adding grains back into my diet to see which ones create unwanted symptoms.

Wish everyone well.  Look to your foods, unfortunately our food has been so F@*$3d up.  Currently reading The Grain Brain, and enjoying it.  
HI there, I have ALL the symptoms of lyme disease as well. Did blood test (live in canada) but almost always come back negative, this has been going on for half a year...the pain is so bad! I am about to do blood work soon and send it to Igenex since they cant figure anything out here. What medication are you taking to treat lyme disease and how long do you have to take it for?  Where and who is your LLMD? Any info or advice you have will be greatly appreciated, I feel so helpless and scared!!
i have lyme and have been sick for 5 years. i have been taking cannabis oil for 3 months and am feeling SOOOO much better. i can't recommend it enough. ALL of my symptoms are clearing up. no treatment has worked and i have spent almost $200k on doctors and treatments etc. nothing has come close to healing me like cannabis oil has. please look into it you will be so glad you did!!!!
i suffered the same symptoms for 44 years doctors said anxiety depression psychoses ect, i had hundreds and hundreds of blood tests all normal, then i went to an out of town e+a and they done a blood test to check my enzymes, my amylase were five times over the normal level, weeks later i was diagnosed with chronic pancreatic disease with acute episodes, more tests were done ultra-sound, contrast  cat scan couldn't find any-thing wrong with pancreases, but some times it does not show on these tests, only with blood tests, the high amylase in the blood cause all the symptoms described, there are 286 symptoms in all, the high amylase cause pressure on the body that causes stress, which causes crunching joints crunching headaches and chest, twitching muscle spasms, hallucinations flickering white flashes and dark ones, it causes psychosis paranoia, and because the body is under so much pressure then stress it causes THE ANXIETY because of THE HIGH ENZYMES IN THE BLOOD, it is cause by the food you eat alcohol smoking; stay away from alcohol smoking and you have to change your food regime, fresh fruit white meat and vegetables no big portions, 4 small amounts a day, no dairy products, preservatives, or red meat, white bread, white floured pastry, or milk, soyer light is OK in small amounts, and salads, all low fat, low protein, low carbohydrates, starch, and any foods containing barley, preservatives, additives, you have to live like a vegetarian vegan, but you're allowed white meat but it has to be skin free because of the fat, everything baked or poached, you can have egg whites but no yokes, brown bread but no butters, marmalade is OK to spread on bread or toast, make fresh soups, vegetable, chicken, brown  wheat flour to make scones with marmalade is nice, use soy milk egg whites to mix in the wheat flour and put in sultanas, not to much wheat in take spread it out over the 7 day week, this is just what i found out about me with the chronic pancreas disease it was causing the anxiety's and other symptoms, not the other way around, so get your pancreatic and liver enzymes checked, you may need the magic eye camera down the throat in to the tummy to confirm the diagnoses, as it's a very hard disease to diagnose apart from the blood test and camera, 50 percent feel pain in the tummy 50 percent don't feel pain but discomfort, get it checked asap to see  if it is that causing your symptoms, you can change your life style then if it is, if not all the best in searching for your answers, it took 45 years to find mine. x
specialmom, and 10356 commented on dominosarah's status
CRSeaside, and 10356 commented on Jade59's status
10356 commented on onthefence's status