Anxiety Community
Anxiety = physical pains or physical pains = anxiety?

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

As well as anxiety I have many digestive upsets, tense shoulder and sinus issues.
I tend to realize they get aggravated more when I am upset or anxious. However I sometimes wonder is it that I'm upset then it happens or I get upset because it happens? Is there a way to really differentiate? Alot of the people around me seem to think it's somatic which only seems to make it worse as well becaus I feel they don't believe me XP
ALot of the times though I feel the physical pain comes first which triggers anxiety which in turn makes the pain feel even worse.....
IDK, any ideas?
thanks
Kianni
It's hard to say but probably the first - anxiety = physical pains.
It's hard to say. It's like what came first, the chicken or the egg?

Anxiety usually causes symptoms first... but a lot of the times... when I have a pain... I worry about it... irrationally think about what it could be... then comes anxiety... then comes more pains... etc. etc. etc.

It's a cycle.

So I think it's just different for everyone how it starts.
I found that I got an odd feeling mainly in my legs that would then lead to me to a panic attack.  We recently found out it was RESTLESSNESS from now diagnosed ADD.  If I am uncomfortable (bad headache, my wrist aching badly from an injury) I find I will panic, which of course seems to intensify things.  Know that you are not alone and you have support here!
its hard 2 say but i get pains and i let my mind take over woundering what it could be then it becomes worse cus the anxiety kicks in big time like they say its a circle and knowing how 2 break it is hard it will keep going and going.
Avatar n tn
Hey Kianni
I have the EXACT same symptoms. I think the tension causes the congestion from draining. Going to a chiropractor today. It also causes dizziness. The stress causing tension and allergies. My allergies and tension came on after a year of prolonged stress. I still have the allergies but they aren't as bad because I take quercitin and bromelain for them. I'm hoping that by balancing out my histamine levels over time, they will disappear. Good luck!
gymdandee commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
mishymoshymarcy Find me where the wild thin... Comment
Paxiled commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms