Anxiety Community
Anxiety, un-balanced, and pressure in my head and ears... Help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Hi there,
i have just noticed this forum today and was hoping someone could give me some advice.This is going to be long.. Four years ago i started to have servere dizzyness it would last for about 5 to 10 seconds, my ears would feel blocked and my head felt so much pressure and then it would dissapear. I was under the E/N/T specialist for 2 years and had various tests, such as balance, MRI scan and a nerves test and all came back o.k. I was taking medication for Menieres Disease for 18 months but this did nothing and now after all this time i am starting to have Anxiety Attacks constantly thinking about my breathing and feel like i am hyperventilating slightly. I have started to take beta blockers for the anxitey but it does not seem to help. The dizzy episodes are more like an unbalanced feeling, things are not spinning but they do seem to move slightly and if i try to walk i walk like i am drunk. I am thinking of trying Hopi ear candles to see if it can help my balance. I am sure unless i can find out what is causing me to feel pressure in my head and ears and also off balance i will always suffer from this anxiety.

Any suggestions are greatfully received.
Tags: Anxiety, head
wow am sorry your going through that , it to long to have to suffer anxiety, ive been going through my own right now to. i dont have the pressure but i do have the ears/head tingling and hot feeling . its no fun and unless you get it under control it will be with you a while ive had mine about week/half trying get over it. if you have been checked out by a dr and they know its nothing elsa but stress than maybe you can get some meds just help you get through it, i have some and it helps but dont take it away you have to tell yourself your ok and it will go away . thats what am waiting on for it to dispear. what bb are you . am on timolol it does not help with anxiety. good luck hold head , hope your day is better today
Hey there,

Just wanted to let you know that I myself have anxiety and also frequent pvc's. I just wanted to tell you that yes... i have experienced the whole dizziness, nausea, and pressure in my head and ears. I am not sure if the anxiety/pvc's caused this, but i went to the ER twice thinking it was a brain tumor or something, and everything checked out fine. But, then one day....every time I moved my head or layed down, I would get the feeling like I had drank too much, (alcohol) and had the same feeling like you do when you get so drunk that you feel the room spinning, and falling. (Except I hadn't drunk anything) It freaked me out and I went to the ER again. All they did was check my eyes and ears, and layed me down on the stretcher, and did a few "body rotations" with me. They said that the "crystals" in the tubes in your ears can sometimes become off balance, and cause you to have vertigo (dizziness) and tension around your head and ears. They layed me on the stretcher with my whole body except my head I had to hang off of the back of it. I had to look straight at the ceiling for about 30 seconds, then tilt my head as far back as i could just enough to see what was directly behind me. Try and focus on one spot for 30 seconds. Then turn your body to the right side, and lay on your shoulder and hip/leg, and focus directly on one thing in front of you as well for 30 seconds. Go back to lying on your back, and focusing on the ceiling, and then tilt your head behind you again for 30 , and then try your left side. Do this about 3 times, and see if it helps any. This is one way to even out the "crystals" that have become unbalanced. This may not be your case, but it is definitely worth trying. Let me know how it goes. Oh, and make sure you are hanging your head off the bed, and the rest of your body is on it. Good Luck! :) I hope this works for you, and if you feel a falling sensation.... don't be afraid, it is just rebalancing you. Weird huh?
I've had anxiety for 7 years now and I too get the dizzy feeling with a pressure in my head and blocked ears.  The head pressure feels like a combination of a head-rush, and like a balloon being blown up in my head.  The blocked ears sounds like I'm earing ear muffs and sometimes that is accompanied by a whine that kind of sounds like a computer.  It usually heppens when I stand after sitting for a while, but has happened a few times when sitting as well.  When it happens I feel like I'm either going to pass out or fall down.  I've had this for atleast five years, and after all my tests my doc told me it was just another symptom of anxiety.  I know you're worried about it.  I still worry about it too, even tho deep down I know it's caused by the chemical imbalance anxiety sufferers have.  I hope knowing that someone else with long standing generalized anxiety has the same symptom is of comfort to you.  I hope you feel better soon!!
how long does the pressure in the head usually last btw? just curious as i get something similiar kind of like a heaviness/tightness at different spots on my head.  My lip even starts to twitch when i lie down now!
Dear Friends,
Thank you for all your comments and support, i like yourselves get very frustrated at times but it is nice to know that people are willing to listen. I will certainly try the balancing idea, if  i recall when i first went to the E/N/T department they did try this method but they did not hang my head over the end of the bed. I can,t help but think it is somethink more serious even thoughthey have done 2 MRI scans. I can't believe that anxiety can cause so many syphtoms specially pressure in my ear and head and feeling so dizzy. Oh, the dizzyness as i said earlier in my previous statement last for approx 5 to 10 sec with a ringing in both ears and then my left ears sound like white noise (distorted tv).

Chin up people.
anyone know if drinking makes it worse the next day :P ?
The pressure in my head usually only happens when I stand up, and is accompanied by the dizziness and hearing changes (muffled sounds/whinning noise).  When the pressure subsides, the dizziness fades as well as the hearing change, and usually lasts anywhere from 5-30 seconds.  But it actually feels much longer, and troubles me everytime.  I just want to feel well again, as I am sure we all do.  And I know from personal experience that while drinking does mask the symptoms of anxiety while your intoxicated, you are setting yourself up for a hell of a rollercoaster ride of symptoms for DAYS to follow.  I think this is why I became and alcoholic for a short time after I developed my disorder.  But I broke the cycle, and the symptoms I experience when I have a panic attack now aren't nearly as extreme as they were in the beginning.  I hope this helps.  I hope you're having a good day today, and Good Luck to you!!
I noticed after i had a drink on tuesday the head pressure seemed to be worse yesterday.  But i had a drink today aswell so will see how it goes tomorrow.  (i rarely drink as it is) just happened to be a friends gig etc.
I have just recently been diagnosed with a brain aneurysm.  I went to the doctor because I had a 30 second headache that was extreme.  It's kind of funny because I've looked up a ton of stuff now on it and haven't found anyone that had dealt with that as a symptom.  However a friend of mine actually had the same experience and found that he also had an aneurysm.  But since I've had the diagnoses other symptoms have started.  I have pressure in my head and a tightness in my neck every day (usually for the later half of the day).  I also feel dizzy from time to time.  I'm going in for an MRI soon but lots of people have told me that it sounds like anxiety.  So I'm doing what I can to calm myself down to see if it goes away.  But I haven't been able to make it stop.  The only thing that makes it go away for a little while is a good nights sleep.  Does anyone have something similar that they have gone through and gotten rid of?  
does anyones symptoms come on after eating like the head and ear pressure dizziness i was amazed to find out how foods that wee are intolerant to can cause such pysical symptoms! also an overgrowth of yeast in the stomach can cause real pysical symptoms if it gets out of control in the body called systemic candida it can affect the ears head dizziness the lot some of yous should look into it because it is treatable through diet? also rain deer surley they wouldnt be leaving you if you had a brain aneurysm is that not dangerouse i keep getting really sore heads all of a sudden but i just thought it was adrenaline surging now im worried ive got an aneurysm also? HELP!
I have been suffering form anxiety for 6 years now. My sypmtoms have been off balance, dizziness, pressure in the head and ears, like I need to pop my ears. I have had all the tests done and I reccommend you all do that too! Anxiety, especially being off balane, dizzy, is a sign of a tired nervous system. You need to rest and relax that it is just anxiety. I know it is scary, but the more scared you get, the more adrenaline you release into your body and the worse it gets, a vicious cycle. Try to just go with it, understand that it is anxiety and that it will pass with rest and the halting of releasing more adrenaline into your system.
Am here to talk!
I have all the same symptoms plus ringing in my ears and burning senations.  have you tried medications at all or have you srtayed away from them.  and if you have tried meds what type and what were helpful
I used meds when I got my first panic attack, back in 2001, just for about a week to help me through while I researched my symptoms. I,  personally, don't like meds but everyone is different. My brother takes 4 different types of meds for his anxiety and has for years, it works really well for him, Clonapin, Zoloft, Zyprexa, Metazapine. Everyone is different though, what works for one might not for another. Have you had thorough med exams? If so and you are sure it is just anxiety, read the book, Hope and Help for Your Nerves by Claire Weeks, plus you can download her cd's. They were very helpful for me!!
Helllo all, I just found and read all of the above.  I feel unbelievable relief that what I have been going thru is shared by others.  I knew I was not crazy, but sometimes you begin to wonder.  Here's what happens to me:  first my left ear begins to feel plugged, all regular noises begin to really bother me, like the computer, cable box, pool pump, refrigerator, then I begin to feel very sick to my stomach, then I get to a place of horror, here I'm in a state that I absolutely can't be still and I can't run from it either, there is no relief.  It becomes the hardest thing I've ever done just to be still and do nothing.  This has brought me to the ENT, Cardiologist, ER, Internist many times.  I am healthy as can be and a very fit endurance athlete, although suffering thru this makes it vary hard to keep training.  I started taking ativan about three weeks ago and some nights I will take an ambian to get some much needed sleep.  My questions are 1) Am I better off taking the ativan and ambian, or not?  I honestly don't know if I can't take them at this point and function in my life of work and family.  2)  Is this something I will have for life or will it go away? When?  3)  What can I do to help beat it?  4) Will seeing a pyschologist or pychiatrist be of any benefit?
I forgot to add that then my ears, mainly my left one, begins to ring and compound the bad feelings.  Then at about this point my skin, mainly my  face, forearms, and lower legs begin to burn and sting.  When I take 1 mg of ativan all of this goes away for about 7 to 8 hours.  If I don't take another pill at this time the whole cycle of symptoms will start again.  I would give anything to get past this.

hiya i suffered from all the symptoms mentioned im 15 and going for an x factor audition on the 15th july. first it was heart palpitations that really scared me my mum took me to the docs n he checked my blood pressure and heart rate and everything came back perfectly normal. he gave me some anxiety tablets which helped me, then when i stopped with the tablets it started again, the doc sent me to the hospital for an ECG Scan and again everything was fine, but i still felt something was wrong. i went to magaluf for a week and drunk some alchohol it seemed to have helped loads. but when we were in the resteraunt i felt a huge sensation of dizzenes i started to panic n had to run out of the resteraunt. i then drunk lots of water and became ok again now i just feel constant pressure on my head can any1 help me my email is ***@****    xxxxxxxxxx
k a i r o b e r t t a y l o r @ h o t m a i l . c o m
I was reading everyones comments and it sounds like me.  I do have a seizer disorder and at the end of last year I was having a bunch one day and went to the ER. Ever since then, I started with Panic attacks (so scary, thought someone was going to kill me feeling.) and now have continued spells. I discribed them at first  was dizzy spells...but..I really don't get dizzy. They acutally feel like head rushes.  I also seem to lose track of what I am saying or I really need to think. I have noticed my memory goes on me. That is one symtom I haven't heard yet.  I dont have ringing in my ears but I do have a pain in my right ear like someone sticking a knife in my ear.  My doc says it's all from stress. Drives me crazy, what the heck do I have to be stressfull over, I just went to Vegas, I am a 5 year cancer survivor, I have 2 small boys, I am a special ed teacher..STRESS..not me!
Doesn't everyone have stress??? It just drives me crazy. I researched the "Headrush?" feeling and it came up as possible orthostatic intolerance??
Does that ring a bell for anyone? Deals with blood pressure changing when you get up or move? It can happen for me though if I just move my head.
Thanks for listening and if you have any insight..let me know. I take paxil and xanax as needed..but..I still get them.
Ugh, I get the same thing. Infact, i have it right now. My ears feel like i went up a hill and my head is almost pulsating. I took a shower & thought I was gonna fall while in there bcuz I was so off balance. I pretty much have every anxiety symptom ever. Sometimes I purposly start breathing fast and feel my pulse cuz I think my heart is going to stop beating. I always think I have a brain tumor, or an anyerism, or something brain related. I always think I'm gonna die, daily..and for dumb reasons. What sucks is I know I'm physically healthy and its just a chemical imbalance, but I torture myself into thinking all these horrible things. Why? I dont know. I have had this for years and I'm only 23. I have never been on any medication and really don't want to start. I dont want to have to depend on it. I try to fight it and ignore it, and it works sometimes. I have never told anyone about my symptoms, i just keep it to myself and live as normal as possible.  I guess thats weird now that I actually think about it.
I can relate. I get what I describe as panic attacks, but they aren't. It started in university, and I first thought it was aspartame related as I was drinking a lot of flavored water w/aspertame, stopping ended the attacks.

However, it came back a few years later, and began with the feeling like I was going to swallow my tongue, progressed into what felt like blocked ears and then fight or flight symptoms: sweaty hands, dilated pupils. Sometimes I would see one eye dialed which is very strange.

People think I am paranoid, but these attacks hits me like a ton of bricks. When I am getting these attacks I can only put my head down due to what I call dizzyness but it really  isn't (I think the head rush comment is right on the money, feels like head pressure or a sudden burst, sometimes it hits and I lurch forward like I was struck with a bat or something). Today, when it happens, (about 2 times a year, lasts for a week or 2), the plugged ears have gotten worse.

I think the best advice I have would be
1. Stop drinking caffeine, I have found that I can drink a cup of coffee a day on a normal day, but once the attacks start I have to go cold turkey for a few weeks or the attacks get a lot worse. In-fact the attacks almost always start after I have a drink of coffee and then can last for days even if I cut off caffeine. Alcohol, even in small amounts will also prolong the attacks (they don't happen immediately with me, but if I drink alcohol on the weekend, during the week the caffeine can set off an attack)

2. Try to relieve stress, easier said then done, but I find these attacks typically happen during a time of stress, even if it is mild stress.

I hope that helps you, it only mildly helps me, I have not found a way to prevent or stop these attacks, just to manage them and tell myself I can get through it.
Hey, that's me ! The symptoms, I mean. I have that all the time, along with dizzy spells, usually in the morning. The dizzy sensations go away if I get a chance to get outside and go for a bit of a walk- which is relaxing for me as well as, I believe, the fresh air being a lot better for my system than indoor dust and allergens.

The head pressure happens if I'm trying to sleep after a long day; it seems the more worn out I am from work, etc., the worse the pressure is.

And I've gone through the ear-ringing, and the burning sensations that other people have mentioned here.

In the past six months I've spent the majority of my time in doctors' offices, being tested, and retested like some kind of lab animal. And what it has all boiled down to is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, with all sorts of co-morbids.

And one of the things that my doctor and I have looked into is Vasomotor Rhinitus.

It's a sinus inflamation (inflammation) provoked by stress, and emotional stimuli, that causes dizzyness, pain & pressure in the head, neck, and face, and other sinus-like symptoms.

So.... take a look into Vasomotor Rhinitus and see if you find something there that helps you- all of you- get over these maddening symptoms.

I know the meds I'm taking have helped me (Homeopathics for the most part- my body does not do well on chemical pharmaceuticals).
My heart goes out to all of you, I too suffer from anxiety and panic attacks, I control them with prayer, I just repeat a basic prayer over and over, like The Lord's Prayer, that keeps me sane, my son also suffers from this affliction but his age (19) keeps him from getting better, his fears just keep feeding into all these symptoms like a vicious cycle, he is going for a neurological test this week, he is feeling the head pressure and the unbalance and it drives him and me crazy, anyway, I'll pray for you guys, in my personal experience when all else fails, spiritual healing is the way. Good luck and God Bless
Hi, I am 23 and have been experiencing the same symptoms (left side tingling head, fluid in the ears, numbness on left side of neck, face, dizziness) going on 3 years now. I was married at 20 and never experienced any of this. After the divorce and a lot of traumatic experiences with me, I started to get a fluid feeling in my left ear and anxiety feelings. I went to the doc. and explained my anxiety and was put on lexapro. I took one pill and felt like a zombie for three days. After this, I felt like medication was not the route for me. The symptoms got worse and I started having a hot ear feeling and pressure in my head. I made an appt. with the ENT and  found that I had a deviated septum. By the looks from my CT scan it was not pretty. It made sense why i would have pressure in my face and ear. Before going into surgery the anthesiologist found that I had a murmur, but said it was nothing to worry about. After the surgery, the symptoms continued.  I went back to the ENT and was tested for Meinere's. This came out negative. I made an appt. with a neurologist and had an MRI. This test came back fine, just showing that I had a cyst in my sinus area, but nothing harmful to me. I then made an appt. with a heart doc. and had an ECG done to make sure the murmur was nothing to worry about. This too was normal, but I am going in on Dec. 31st to make sure my anxiety has not affected my heart. I know I worry on a day to day basis about dying from a heart attack or brain trauma and this is not good. I have recently bought inspiration books and I am too young to be stressing about this and putting my health through this. It is very hard to not get upset when the symptoms occur, but I do not know what else to do. If I am ever around family or friends or out even shopping, I have to drop what I am doing immediately and leave. I am fearful of passing out when my head starts to tingle and I feel woozy/out of it. It was so bad I freaked out at a bank once and had to go to the doc. thinking it was my blood sugar causing me to feel like I was going to pass out, but it was fine! I am hoping the doctors can rule out possibilities and this way I know it is me as a person that is causing this to happen. Good luck to everyone, this is hard and I know my parents are frustrated cause they do not know what to do to help, so it is nice to know that I am not alone. Thank you and Happy Holidays.
here is a link to that Maneuver that wunabnorm was talking about that they did at the hospital.  I had the same problem but the Dr. said I had Vertigo and gave me meds that didn't work.  I googled and found the site and tryed it and it worked.

It's a chart at the bottom of the page.  Follow the pictures like you are looking at a clock.

http://www.merck.com/mmhe/sec06/ch080/ch080e.html
Hi all this goes out to everyone who has told their stories and believe me I feel for all of you, I too get these weird and not so wonderful sensations in my head..I have had this for 6 yrs now, it all started with a eye disease I was diagnosed with..benigne intracranial hypertension (swelling of the optic nerve) for you people who don't know what that means...basically it's the worse thing that has ever happened to me....it caused double vision and a heap of other eye disturbances. I get the heavy headed feeling when i walk, and I constantly feel like i'm moving inside but of course i'm not but it sure feels that way, I also have like crawly feelings in my head, a complete sense of "unbalanced" not dizzy THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE, at first I thought all this was related to my eyes, but now I am thinking something different from reading all of your stories. I had at CT and an MRI when i was first diagnosed and of course all came back normal...I went and saw a nuerologist
t and he is making me have another MRI which he thinks will come back normal, just a process of elimination i guess, next step is ENT I am really hoping he can help me , i think it could be an inner ear thing but not really sure, I am pretty much clinging to any answer at the moment which I'm sure all of you can agree, I am really sorry for the long post its just that I have lived with this for 6 years and am really fed up now, it hinders alot of things i want to do,...I am afraid of flying anywhere cause of the pressure I might feel in the  head/ears...oh my ears also ring sometimes and i feel like a whooshing noise in my right ear when i bend over and they pop too, and they feel full or blocked!..the strange thing is this...when i am exercising or moving vigorously I dont' really feel the unbalanced feelings, its when im still, i can swear it honestly feels like i'm moving inside my body up and down, side to side, it doesn't really have a pattern, just that its with me ALL DAY, EVERY DAY

a couple people made comments about just going with it, i couldnt agree more, think of the dizziness as just a relaxed high feeling, like you get after working out, or smoking pot :) As a long time anxiety sufferer, i used to think that the full head feeling was something serious, like a mineral imbalance, or a brain tumor; then i realized that after years of this symptom, if it was something serious i would have been in rough shape, or dead by now. there is nothing wrong with us, we are gifted with quick minds and vast sensory, dont let your thinking get out of wack; its like jedi mind control. stay strong, try writing songs, or just getting lost in something you love.
have just been readin everyones comments...... im 20 years old and been suffering wit anxiety for about six mounths now. am soooo releaved 2 read this and no its not jst me who is suffering from  dizziness, head pressers and feelin off balanced!!! i feel like im dying EVERYDAY!!!!! n im convinced i have a brain tumor.... x
Everyone of these posts sounds like a blood pressure issue, often caused by the very anti-anxiety drugs we take to help us. I get the same problems as all of you have posted and mine is blood pressure and inner ear issues.

For the blood pressure - well I am on meds but losing 20 to 80 pds would sure improve things! For the inner ear issues - I find that an antihystamine every other day with a decongestant on the days I don't take the antihystamines works wonders..

My two cents.. I hope we ALL feel better soon!
i have balance problems intermittantly. it is definitly triggered by stress/anxiety which attacks weaknesses in your body. i have a badly deviated septum (cartlidge inside my nose) which causes pain /pressure between the eyes and nose area generally- i think this is contributing to the balance issues but the anxiety triggers the symptoms. when i am not anxious symptoms go away. i have tried hypnotherapy and this helps with stress. cognitive behaviour therapy is also good (CBT)
That book saved my life and sanity.  I can't recommend enough.  I have had every symptom listed on all of these boards plus a few more since I was 16, and I'm now 48.

"Hope and Help for your Nerves" by Claire Weekes.

Please, please all of you suffering from these symptoms.  Buy it and read it carefully.

She's better than any medication, she 'cures' you in the most understanding and easily comprehended way.  She herself was a sufferer from nervous illness.  She writes with extreme compassion.  Please read it.
Hi all. I am a 32 old South African male and since i was the age of 17 i have suffered from Anxiety attacks. I have been on Prozac. Aropax. anfranil and plenty more  but none seemed to help much. I started to see a pyscho in regards to the problem and then for 6 years it seemed to be in control. I was happy and got married and things just seemed to get better. My wife annouced that we were expecting our first child and i took the news with joy as i have always wanted a child. About a month beforethe baby came i started with the attacks again. i now experiencing the pressure feeling in my head and in my ears and sometimes i feel that i am going to fall. I have been to the doctor about 6 times this year for checks to see if i dont have a tumor but all is fine. I dont know if i can go on like this. I cant work properly and i see it affecting my personal life at home. So please if you guys have any suggestions please pass on due to me not wanting to take anything anymore. I cant depend on pills for the rest of my life. That is not a way to live.  
In the past I suffered from the symptoms of anxiety.  I have found the key to curing anxiety is balancing your hormones.  There is a book called Dr. Lee's Hormone balance made simple.  Also, if you get on www.womentowomen.com you can find answers.  Hormone imbalance also occurs in men. I got my hormones balanced out by Dr. Von Johnson in Provo, Utah. After years of struggling to find answers with many different doctors, I finally found relief. Bio-identical Hormones are awesome.
You'll have made a big difference in my life. I have had these problems for sometime and it is taking a toll on me not knowing what it is. I too have have had all the tests, and they are negative. I have offbalance feelings, pressure in my right ear. noise, and I feel like my ears and face get flushed. I check my pressure during these times and it is normal. When I go to a Mall or big store I become off balance and have to leave for fear of passing out.
Hi...I just wanted to say that I too experience all of the symptoms you all have been describing! I personally do not recommend taking the anxiety and/or depression meds out there...Here is my reason...
When I was much younger, about 19, I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety. The doctors put me on Paxil...I was on them for about 2 yrs. and they stopped working so they switched me to another, Celexa. AND AGAIN after about 2 yrs I had to switch AGAIN! This time to Zoloft! After being on the Zoloft for several years (and not getting much relief) I started noticing that I kinda went emotionally numb! I didn't cry, I didn't yell, I didn't laugh, I just plain did not care...I couldn't connect with life or the people in it anymore! So I decided to go off of my meds, after being on them for 10+ yrs, and against the advice of my "THEN" doctor. I will tell you all that I am now enjoying life and all the things that go with it for the first time in a long time! Such as caring, laughing, and yes even crying. Happy tears of course! :) Don't get me wrong...I don't think meds are bad or evil...Just proceed with caution! My "NEW" doctor told me that people are not supposed to be on them long term. Only a couple of years at most. Just to try and re-stabilize the inbalance of chemicals in the brain.
Unfortunately, for ALL of us...the symptoms can be debilitating. There is only one thing I dislike more than the intense pressure, feelings of horrible anxiety, and many more awful feelings, and that is the feeling of not being able to connect with the world around you! This too has also happened to my sister...as she puts it...She just felt numb! She also has stopped taking the meds and emotionally feels a whole lot better! I am going to be trying some of your suggestions as I personally refuse to go back on the meds. Why take them if they don't really help in the first place? However, I should note that I do have friends that are on them who haven't had a problem! So i guess it just depends on what works for you! Hang in there, you ARE NOT alone! Together maybe we can find something that works...For ALL of us! Thanks a ton...it's really reassuring that there are others out there that suffer as I do! I guess I'm not "crazy" after all! ;)
I have been suffering with the same problems now for almost 2 years I am in fear of leaving the house I get dizzy spells all the time my ears are popping all the time feel pressure in my head it seems i only feel well wheni am laying down I have had every test under the sun ran on me and everything comes out normal they keep saying its all anxiety if anyone has any advice for me please let me know thank you
I am SO thankful to have found this forum.  I also suffer from these symptoms, and just don't know what to do about them.  They come on so suddenly, and I just admit, my doctor just brushed me off.  I don't know if I should continue to pursue a cause, or just try to calm my anxiety.  I do have a lot of pressure/stress right now...

I'm just not sure what to do at this point.  I do sympathize with all of you and wish you all well.  
i have had the balance and pressure problems for ten years and i have been all over to sort it i know its my inner ear damaged and can cause all of this.> stand on a spot close your eyes and hold your hands directly infront of you. march your legs up and down quite high. for 1 minute if your ears are damaged you will have rotated a completley different direction without even knowing. (dont peep)
Wow, I'm glad I found this forum too. Good to see there's so many of "us" out there. I had a major breakdown at age 25 after my father in law passed away at age 53 suddenly of a heart attack. It blew me away, and the whole mortality thing sort of slapped me upside the head, and threw me into a panic. I literally thought every day I was going to die. I had every test imaginable, all showing nothing. I did find a wonderful psycotherapist eventually, who helped me with visual imagery, positive self talk, and guided meditation. All of which were very, very hard. I constantly felt like I was having a heart attack, and it would happen out of the blue for no reason. Not like I was thinking about something that would cause anxiety, just any time, any where, and sometimes, when I was relaxed and enjoying myself. Things would suddenly sound different, I'd feel dizzy, lightheaded, become very aware of my breathing, and then unable to breathe normally, my heart would seem to be pounding out of my chest. It was horrible. I never let on to anyone close what was really happening. I went to a naturopathic doctor, and he put me on supplements and changed my diet drastically. I quit drinking and smoking pot (at 25 those were my favorite past times)  and eventually the symptoms slowly went away. However, more than 15 years later, I started having slight symptoms again.  I had a ton of stress in my life due to work. I worked at slowly myself down, meditating, reassuring myself that I was fine and the feelings I was having were normal anxiety related feelings and would pass. Now, another 10 years later, I have once again had to fight the symptoms. I find it reoccurs when there is a lot of stress. Atter years of working with doctors, holistic practitioners and therapists, what I have come to learn is that we all have "buttons" that start at a very, very young age where we encounter something "scary" but are not comforted properly to feel safe. These stay stored in our subconscious and resurface in life when again feel unsafe, unsure, and we have inbalances in our life. They are often triggered by things so subtle we'd never notice them. Diet, lifestyle, handling stress, meditation, talking to someone, and having a healthy balance to offset life's stresses have been a major part of my "healing." The biggest help to me as of late has been finding and strengthening my faith. I have worked on developing my "relationship" with our Creator, read a lot of Joyce Meyer etc. books and am able now to find additional comfort in knowing there is something beyond what we see that is with us at all times, that is all powerful and all love. This happened when my dad got sick with Alzheimer's and my brother and I were the ones to deal with most of the brunt of the disease and the changes it forced in all our lives. My only crutch then was a bible verse that I saw on a website "I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me." I never memorized it before, but that began the journey of developing my faith and my walk with the Lord, and has been the thing that has tipped the balance for me to live more healthy on a more consistent basis. I still have moments that come, often from no where, when I have to remember to practice techniques that counter the anxiety. I still like to have a drink and have fun, but as I've aged, I realize, my body can only handle so much. It's still something I have to work at, but it has become so much easier. I hope this helps others out there. We are not alone in our struggles, obviously, by the amount of others sharing their stories, and by the number of people we probably all know, especially young adults, that are lost in this dark world of anxiety. I hope others can find their way out to the light the way I have. Still a daily struggle and lots of work, but worth everything you put into it. God bless.
hey guys, ive read all of your posts and i feel for each and every one of you or should i say us. im 22 and ive been experiencing anxiety for a month now and to say the least it has sucked big time. I sit alone most of the say in front of the tv but not really watching, because i have this like spaced out feeling you know? like i cant stop thinking about what im feeling internally. My dad constantly yells at me and tells me to just stop thinking about it and just go out more and hang with my friends like i used to. But i dont feel like it i dread going out of my house but if i dont go out then i find myself just sitting and thinking and what new symptoms im feeling at the moment. Until now ive had cold sweats, cold hands, cold feet, cold sweaty feet and hands. i feel this pressure on my head that feels like it doesnt let me think clearly, i have tingly feelings in both the left and the right sides of my head, i have minor ear pressure and a little ear pain in my right ear, i feel nauseous which makes me not wanna eat most of the time. i have tingly feelins all over my body, i do feel fatigued and tired, my eyes feel fatigued and i sometimes feel like i have to strain them to see, or they feel sensitive to light, i have distorted vision sometimes blurry and whats worse is that i see like wavy lines all over the place all day long, i went to the eye doc and she said my eyes are fine. I am deathly afraid i have an undiagnosed brain tumor and that one day soon im just gonna collapse and die, i am also deathly afraid of leaving my family and friends behind because i sincerely feel that something is wrong with me and that no one really knows what it is and that will lead me to die. PLEASE GUYS DO ANY OF YOU FEEL LIKE THIS, COULD THESE SYMPTOMS REALLY BE A BRAIN TUMOR??? SHOULD I GET MRIS AND CTS AND ALL THOSE TESTS DONE ON ME, OR IS IT JUST ANXIETY?? AM I DYING AND I DONT KNOW IT? I JUST NEED HELP...
I am a generalized anxiety with panic attacks sufferer. I recently have been getting out of the blue pressure in my head ears and the front of my face. Then if feels like my throat is going to close and I start to freak out! I have had vertigo before a couple years ago and they were testing me for various things. I am wondering if I should go to the doctor, for it is affecting my performance at work. The doctors wanted to put my on anti depressants to help with my anxiety but I am not depressed and do not wish to go on those. Is there anything else I can take that someone else is on? I have tried proper diet and l thyenine pills that are natural but it only worked for so long. I am very worried and can't stop panicking about it!...:(:(
Have had strange head and neck pressure, muscle tightness, ear fullness, cheek pressure, fizzing sounds in my neck etc. for the past 23 years.  I have become so used to it, I don't think about it anymore.  It hasn't ruined my brain.  It hasn't killed me.  It's annoying as all hell but I have learned to adapt.  Don't know if it is allergy, anxiety or a combo of both.  If I think about it and worry and fixate (I know, it's hard not to do) it makes it worse.  I'm 41 and have had it since I was 18.  Go figure.  *****, but I've gotten on with life.

Hang in there.
I have had intermittant pressure in my head for about 5 years now-mostly in the nose . i also get the off balance feeling. i know its related to anxiety now but it did take me a couple of years to figure it out. the 'bouts' can last for several days or several months-it just depends on life event stressors. it is a very uncomfortable and upsetting experience. thinking too much about it and worying about illness -mental or physical, will add to the stress and the symptoms. contoplling the anxiety provoking thoughts is the key i think. I ve had some success with hypnotherapy in the past- maybe worth a try.
Hi my name is cindy Getting a lot of pressure in my head Especially on my right side Also I feel full ness in my ear I have had several cat scans and mri I was told sinus infections my anxiety level so high whenever I feel pressure in my head I swear it's an aneurysm or a tumor what should I do I'm going crazy I been on antibiotics and it goes away I swear I cant pressure all the time someone please help me
I have also suffered from all of these symptoms and have been diagnosed with everything from ear infections and sinus infections to being a hypochondriac. It wasn't until this past November, after 3 years of symptoms and numbness in my face that my doctor sent me to a neurologist, who diagnosed me with a severe case of TMJ. This was brought on by a combination of stress and a minor case of whiplash. My muscles spasm in my jaw and neck, which causes aggravation of the  Trigeminal nerve. That can lead to dizziness, ear pain, hearing sensitivity, pressure and jaw pain. I have been going to a physical therapist who specializes in treating TMJ along with muscle relaxants at night to help with the clenching. This combination treatment has helped me a great deal. Please ask your doctor if TMJ might be a  possibility and get checked out.
Hi, I have anxiety attack sometimes, and I thought I have a heart attack.  Anyway, I try vitamin B-Complex.  It help me.
You may want to have your Vitamin B12 tested.  I was having several of these same issues and that is what it turned out to be.
I do not share in the anxiety, but the other symptoms are right on. Pressure feeling in skin all around face, starting at the back-base of the neck and kind of wrapping up around the cheeks. Shaking muscles when strained, yet doesn't seem to impact strength. Light-headed (I pick this word carefully because it's not really a vertigo feeling, unless I stand up quick). Somewhat unbalanced. Hard to focus in the morning, like the pressure is around my eyes.

Mine started around 2001 (I was 18), and it is constant 24/7. The only thing that seems to make it worse is caffeine (ie: coffee), so I actually gave up all caffeine about 4 years ago. For what it's worth, by the time I quite drinking coffee, my body was showing other signs of resistant to caffeine, specifically in the form of the ultra-generic, IBS syndrome. I used to drink a ton of coffee before I quit. I want to be clear that I don’t believe that coffee was the catalyst for my symptoms, but it certainly exacerbates them.

When this all started, I spent about 2 years in and out of all kinds of doctors. Tests, drugs, etc. Nothing made a difference. Most of them were convinced that is was related to depression, anxiety, etc., but I can assure you that I am simply not that kind of person, and the drugs had no positive impact on my symptoms and/or life. All my "levels" were/are normal. The only other issue I've dealt with for as many years, and longer is acid-reflux. I use aciphex for that.

I'm very active, happy, and satisfied with my life (minus this stupid illness). I've just learned to live with it, and I hope this information can help others that are in a similar situation.
Wow ive suffered anxiety since I was in 6th.grade its been so hard for me im 23 now and for sum years I avoided many things to make me feel better and as I thought I had accomplished it now its coming Back Im also having dizzieness like things slightly moving tightning from my head and seems like I have a ballon in ma head ready to pop I went to the doctor to get it cheked he did a few.xsams but eveything came back normal its had me.worried but now that im reading all this makes me a little calm. Knowing that its all part of my Anxiety I just want it to go away :)
hi javier iam going through the same thing for the past 3 months i feel disoriented form my family and friends i just wanted to know are your symptoms gone please email me at ***@****
Im a 25 yr old female and I also have very bad anxiety I have panic attacks everyday I also get head pressure and ear pressure accompanied by ringing sounds and its very bad everytime I go to the emergency room they tell me its anxiety I take xanax it helps for the time being but sometimes I get panic attacks like 3 times a day
I know how you all feel, have had all these symptoms (and more) for the past 24 years.  Constant pressure in the centre of my forehead, forget things, lately(12months) have to concentrate on what I'm saying as I forget mid sentence what I'm talking about, feel very vague at times and can't concentrate, when people are talking to me looking me in the eyes I have to look away as the pressure in my head goes funny as it seems like my head is falling to one side, the 'anxiety attacks' go as follows - an instant hot flush, ears ringing, all vision leans to one side (not spin) lasts for about 5 seconds then I get myself to a bathroom to tell myself I'm alright and splash water on my face, my neck constantly aches, lately feels like my joints are aching, knees, ankles, back, also have a lot of blank spells like watching tv for hours and not remembering the previous show, driving and not remembering the roads you just drove on.  If you tell a doctor these symptoms you just get a blank look, I've had 12 of them all have told me to rest......never had meds for it.  Walking feels like your legs arent working properly and have to concentrate to walk, get the heart palpatations every couple of years, I've found with the palpatations just crouch down and take a few really deep breathes and they'll stop, my heart beats that fast I cant even keep up counting.  Had all the blood tests and all heart enzymes came back normal, including blood sugar, blood pressure, brain scan came  back normal.  What do ya do.  I don't know but I have done it by just telling my self  theres nothing wrong and I'm normal...It's only been in the last 6 months that i havent been able to 'forget about it' and its starting to get me down, havent been my usual self people closest to me are copping my anger.  It does feel good to say some of this stuff as the only people i have told are doctors.  Also in the last 3 months start to get nausea in the mornings.  This is about all I can remember at the moment and I've had enough of looking at my computer screen.  Cheers  ps sorry for dragging on....
Hi This is a message for you all and I hope that it will be helpful.
About four years ago I became unwell, I collapsed at work with what I described as dizziness, my legs went weak and and my left arm and I had pains in my heart and it felt as if something was forcing me down to the ground it was very frightening and I was rushed to A+E they did all the routine checks and with it being Christmas they told me I had been over doing it, I went home and rested for a couple month which was what it took to regain enough strength to walk from one room to another.
I was very weak when I returned to work but was eating regularly and was supposed to be doing a few hours a day I was shaky and slightly anxious within myself because I felt unsteady all of the time. My work overbooked me and started racking up the hours and within a number of days I had another attack and was sent to the hospital with the same results I was sent home, I was plagued with episodes not that dissimilar to a stroke and could not leave the house.
My doctor was unsupportive and sent me for a brain scan to prove it was nothing life threatening which did not solve the problem as the problem was not a tumour nor was it a problem which showed up with a balance test as to have this problem you have to have a good sense of balance to be able to feel dizzy in the first place.
However it was serious to me as it was ruining the quality my life.
I changed doctors and was sent to an ENT who said it was a case of labrinthitis I was sent for a dizziness test but by the time I went nothing showed up as I was suffering from something called Vestibular dysfunction.
I had to fight long and hard to have the correct tests which made me look slightly neurotic when doctors would quite happily label it as stress and anxiety or depression this does not always help your case but in the long run you have to push to get the right treatment.
I researched my symptoms on-line, I talked to others with symptoms similar to my own to narrow down the possibilities and in the end came to my own conclusions as to what it COULD be so I pushed to have an EEG which proved I had abnormal brainwaves, I pushed to have a tympanogram which showed negative pressure in my inner ear and I have now four years later just received diagnosis for epilepsy - suffering from partial seizures and an inner ear condition called Eustachian tube dysfunction whilst the Eustachian tube dysfunction is hard to treat just understanding what it is, how it affects you and the things you can do and change to help make the world of difference.
Doctors don't always get it right and sometimes we have to do some of the work ourselves, it's not always just your imagination, you just need to figure out what came first, did you get anxious because you felt dizzy? or did you get dizzy because you felt anxious.
inner ear problems feel like pressure and sensations such as: feeling fluid in your ears, inability to pop your ears, feeling of blocked ears, I find when in cars I get very dizzy, ringing in ears,high frequency sounds, the sounds you can experience are the sounds of your inner body such as heart beat, itchy ears, wet ears, when tilting head forward and up pressure shifts causing a sensation much like that of a bell being struck.
I hope this helps,if anyone does experience this kind of thing a good site to look at is this site - it helped me greatly  labyrinthitis.org.uk

I've had a similar problem for about 2 months now.  Started one day with an anxiety attack,  went to the ER and they cleared me physically.  Since then I've had the head and error pressure, and muscles in my right chest and back are always very tight.  I've also gotten the tingling/burning sensations.  I've been to ENT,  CAT Scans,  Lab work,  xrays... all clear.
Taking Zoloft now.  Doc also has me on Mucinex D for the head pressure, not really helping.  Zoloft seems to help with the anxiety attacks.  But I would really like to get past this head pressure and muscle tightness.  Has anyone beatin this thing?
Hello I am 23 years old and have had dizzyness and pressure In my head since june 2011..almost a year.ive been to the er ..doc said vertigo and gave me a steroid to get rid of it, didn't believe that would work so didnt try it. Went to my family dr he referred me to neurologist who checked my reflexes and told me to get a vestibular test,costs 1000..no insurance. Ive been really dizzy past 2 days,starting in the evening...lasting til I just fall asleep.i have constant unbalance allllll day. Pressure on diff parts of my head everyday. Starting to think I need mri to rule out seriousness.....i do suffer with anxiety ...
im feeling a lot of pressure in my head by my temples iwhen i walk i have to stop at times because i feel loopy its hatd to concentrate and i feel like i have to vrack my neck a lot have trouble swalloing and sometimes feel like falling i dont know what to do i work in a warehouse and it gets really hot in there i dont wanna lose my job but i just cant work
I have pressure in ears and head, neck tension,chest pain. This all started after a 12 foot fall from a ladder. have a buldging disk at c2 and3 and fracuted back.when the tension in neck gets bad I get ear pains and pressure, heart seems to beat faster.have had panic attacks.have had 4 ekg's all been good.xanax seems to help.can any one help.thanks
also had mri of brain no tumors all ok.ct scan of sinusis all ok
we are all in the same boat.. me I've been suffering this for years already ..
I have feeling of pressure in my Left head and ears with dizziness (like vertigo) muscle twitching and sometimes palpitations, hyperventilation..I have same symptoms twice or thrice a year. but now is very worst, this was started when I diagnosed with cystitis and myoma in my right side but doctor said nothing to worry about. but I'm still anxious and paranoid, that something will happen, I kept on searching on google  about my sypmtoms, it cud be brain tumor or what...may Sister  (she's a doctor)  said that it cud be stress and my Bf is a nurse and he kept on scolding me because of my paranoid attitude, I want to cope with it, but i cannot control,  that's why I'm always anxious.  
Hi, I know we are all reading this thinking OMG, do i have that? lol.... but the answer is Yes. Yes we are hypochodriacs and yes we do not have to be scared to admit it. Who wants to die? Not me!!! Yes doctors may be able to help us and we can do preventative care on our health, but in a time of crisis... chances are we wont be in a hospital... So just think of it this way, if you were having a heart attack you will be able to have an ambulance in time at your home. Correct? Plus, home many times have you set in an ER and by the time you were finished thought wow, that doctor is dumb. Right? Whos to say these people can ultimately save your life anyways? Whos to say you wont get hit by a bus or shot at or die in a car accident. I am not trying to be a evil person by saying this, but look at the news... We are living in a world that is full of cruelty. So... the best way to cope, or get through panick attacks is to accept the fact that we are going to die one day. That is really frightening and depressing but why spend the time we have worrying about whats going to ultimately happen one day anyways. Lets all live!!! If you are having a really hard time coming to terms with this a really good solution is to join a group. Maybe through a church or just attend a church service. Finding spiritual relief will seriously help you come to peace with yourself. Ok, so many doctors have told me you are having a panick attack. It is scary. I do not create it either, it just happens to me. But I thought about situations I was in at the time and mostly I was not sleeping much, not sleeping comfortably, arguing alot with my boyfriend, stressed about my son, money, etc... So basically I knew this, I had to fix myself if I wanted to get through this... I broke up with my boyfriend, I got a better job, I became a better mom, and I make sure to get 8 hours of sleep and only drink 1-2 cups of coffee a day. The caffeine will make you anxious which can also trigger panicking. So when you start to have a panick attack next time, please do your self a favor, make sure you are around someone you can trust, as hard as it may seem, make yourself do something completely different rather you think you are dying or not, go sit on the toilet, go turn on the tv, make sure you breathe in your nose slowly and out your mouth approx. 10 times a minute. Control your breathing!!! What always instantly helps me is drinking ice cold water... It will get your mind off of breathing while you drink the water. trust me!! And if your wearing hot clothing or what not, get your body some oxygen by lifting up your shirt or something. Now, in my life, this is 1 year later, i still have panick attacks but very very mild to what i have had. And i know the reasons now that i have the ones i do is the days i dont sleep as long and maybe have drank too much coffee. If you can afford it, purchase a massage 1 time a month at least to help relax you. But ultimately tell yourself you are ok. No matter what. exspecially if its the same feeling you have every single time... And if you are really having trouble breathing that is not because of hyperventilating, talk to your doctor about an inhaler. That will help too. But mostly my breathing is allergy related and is ruining me. So as far as pressure/sinus pressure in your head, alot of people do not want to conclude "its just allergies" but allergies can be serious too so if you are experiencing water in your ears and pressure start with some childrens allergy meds since i know you are a hypochdriac just like me and dont want to take meds, sometimes its just what we have to do. Think about a 6 year old child taking the same over the counter med as you and they are ok. In your sick little mind, test my theory and go ahead and medicate a 6 year old with allergy meds just so you feel safe because this over the counter med will not kill you or the 6 year old. Its going to help you both with your allergies!!! LOL. Im talking from experience as sad as it sounds. My son had allergies and so did i. I was scared to take meds and only gave them to him to see wow, it freakin helps!!!! If you dont want to be sleepy, be very selective in the meds you chose. But antihistimine that has worked for me is 10 mg of zyrtec. 24 hour. If you want pressure release you will need some sudafed but be careful this will trigger panick so if you take it , do not drink coffee that day!
I dont know what's going in with me....i hurt my backing September and just as it started to get better i ended up with pressure in my head, migrains to the state of nausea, chest pains frequently, my heart beats really hard and flutters sometimes and the worst part is the dizziness!!! I am always lightheaded feeling like Im going to pass out...its been 7 months now and Im so stressed out!!!! I went to a few doctors and my heart is fine and bloodwork is always normal. I have tried medication for anxiety which doesn't work and i just want my life back!!!! 2 times this month i thought i was going to die it felt like being injected with dye for a ct scan...my insides were on fire!!! Do anyone know what's going  
on???????
Hi.  Just wondering if you still check this site.  I see this post is from 2007 and it is now 2013.  When I read your post it sounded like I was reading something I wrote myself......EXACTLY THE SAME.....Are you currently still struggling with your anxiety.  I would love to hear how you are doing.  I also take Ativan for my anxiety and it helps me SO MUCH, but I still struggle with physical sensations.  I am also an athlete and love working out, but it has been increasingly harder to work out when I am so worried about my heart, etc., all the time.  I have had all the tests done, EKG, Holter monitor, etc., and everything checked out fine, but still cant get my head to believe it!
I have the off balance dizziness and really bad anxiety, I've had this for over a year and now I feel like I haven't gotten any better. Been to a million doctors and they say I'm healthy. I do have issues but not to cause this dizziness.
it does help, it's called the Epley maneuver, you can find video on youtube.
Wow.. Liz485, I think your correct..  I have panic attacks, head rushes, dizzy, can't breath, worry, I'm 63,caregiver for my dementia 93 yr old mother and just lost my husband 3 years ago.  I have tried everything to feel better in the past 20 years.. and I still fell like crap.  maybe I'm thinking myself into feeling like crap... Thank YOU for your message this morning and I sure hope I can change things around. I'm so tired of feeling bad.
Hi there 12 months ago I had a ear infection after foing to a and e they found I had a severe eats infection anyway they gave me antiboitics after antibiotics and it dident clear so they did a ear swab to witch it came bk clear so the doctor checked ny ear and say my ear was inflamed and swollen the ear canal that is x but my symptoms are dizzyness imbalance feeling and pressure in my head and ears xx its very scarey and I know I panic and worrie alot like your selfs I have thought its a brain tumor ect I have had sugars and blood pressure chechecked and its all good I also sufferd from shaking and and sickness but not every days the same some days I wake up fine and others o dont but I dont like beying alone any advice as most of the time I feel like im walking on a bouncy castle x I dont get dizzy from bending down ans standing up I have more of a im balance than anythink xxxx thanks xxx
Hey guys im 17 and have had anxiety caused by drug addiction but have been clean for 1 yr now. im slowly recovering from my anxiety and building up my confidence but iv recently (6 months ago) only got these symptoms of head pressure only on the right side of my head and behind my right eye block right ear and my head boils up so easy :( iv been searching up on these symptoms cause they dont seem right and have been to the doctors twice about it and all they have done is simple say oh its nothing ill be okay and i hate it . anyone please give me some advice :(  
That's amazing,i tried it for 20 seconds as i lose my balance when i close my eyes,after the 20 seconds i had turned 90 degrees without realizing.
Can you have all of these symptoms even when you don't feel any anxiety? I've had the same thing going on for 6 months but my pressure is constant. The severity changes but its always there. Had all the tests done and they say Im fine but Im definitely not fine.
thanks for your input.....  im going thru a mess right now    pressure and congestion in my head  and right ear   totally feel like my head and body are not connected     did the antibiotic  nose spray   predisone pack    which might have helped the congestion   but the pressure is crazy    plus I feel like im in a fog.......  its a catch 22     which comes first the anxiety or the condition???    I ended up in er     they tested me for everything     no m r I tho    cat  scan of my head......   I sick of it....  its been since Christmas...  I had some stupid attack 1 week before    unbalanced spell  then another a week ogo at night   which left me in the ER.......   im so disgusted.....  how do they treat your anxiety   Xanax or antidepressant?    thanks for listening     I do notice if I cry   I almost have a clear sense ~~!
sarveshyadav commented on  Things Killing Your ...
6 mins ago
ashler1977 commented on Long standing dry mou...
1 hr ago
Evergreen25 joined this community
Welcome them!
1 hr ago