Anxiety Community
Anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Anxiety

I've been reading on these blogs about having panic and anxiety after drinking and its really  helping me know that i'm not alone but, im still very scared of why I am getting them?  What could possible cause my anxiety to return this way and what if its something really dangerous thats happening inside my body after how long i've been drinking and how hard i did drink.  I drank so much to try to fog that fact i was trying to lose weight so i didnt eat either for the first two years of my drinking and then the last four years of my drinking i ate plenty and was fine.  But now for the last 2 months or so my hangovers are filled with panic and anxiety and i can't stop thinking maybe something is wrong?  I'm 27  and just hoping i'm young enough to catch whatever it is thats going wrong now.
at such a young age why do you drink so much,your drinking might relax you at the time but it will make you feel ten times worse the next day,if you are drinking alot maybe you should speak to your doctors to seek guidance through aa you need to address this issue in order to control your anxiety
I agree, drinking alcohol is self-medicating and makes anxiety worse.  You need to get into therapy to find the cause of your anxiety.  Your heavy drinking tells me there is something really bothering you and you've been self-medicating to escape.  Unresolved issues never go away, they return with a vengeance with anxiety and/or depression.  It's wonderful that you now realize that you need to turn your life around, and it's not too late. You need to stop drinking and get into therapy so you can get your life back.  AA is good, but I think you also need to see a therapist to get over what is causing your anxiety which is leading to drinking.  Decide today to take your life back and get healthy, I know you can do it.  Take care.
well ive heard drinking can worsen depression so its a good possibility that ur drinking is messing with your feelings, i dont think there is anything physically wrong if ur just feeling panic and anxiety. it sounds like you are addicted to alchohol so i would recommend seeking help for that problem. you should go talk to your doctor. best wishes
Domo_95 added the Anxiety/Panic Tracker
25 mins ago
jenjen08 Birth story is posted i wil... Comment
25 mins ago
Amandag78 commented on 8 months off Subutex ...