Anxiety Community
Anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Anxiety

Hi there this my first time using this site it seems really helpful for people suffering from anxiety and panick attacks so i thought I'd share a few things to see if anyone got ideas of ways to help or if anyone gets the same symptoms and what u do to cope. I'm a 26 year old male who's been suffering from anxiety since 2009. 2009 was the year I gave up drugs which I was using for 9 years. Since giving up ive developed  a severe anxiety disorder I've struggling to live a normal life because I'm always thinking which symptom I'm guna get next, the latest one is which worries me the most because it's making me feel like I can't be far from my bedroom without having an attack. Breathing, shallow breathing I'm sure alot of you get the same, feeling smothered shortness of breath yawing alot tierd all the time. I've printed off a list of 100 anxiety symptoms and highlighted the ones I get which was alot. I'm currently off work sick, I want to go back next week but the shortness of breath feeling is my worst symptom that scares me. Think il b taking another trip 2 the doctors for a sick note untill I can control my breathing. I need to practises this breathing from the stomach method. Anyone got any advice I'd be really grateful.
It's ALL mind over matter hunnie. I've suffered for 7 years, your best bet is to find own self methods to calm yourself or get yourself on some meds to control it. I have bad breathing lately due to stress and anxiety and sometimes you just need to get in the right track of mind to help yourself. It gets better don't worry as much, you are fine, you are healthy! Xox
Hi thanks for ur support nikki much appreciated, I've always tried tackling this anxiety without using meds but the symptoms are slowly getting worse so i hav been to the dr and he's gave me Amitriptyline and booked me in for an chest x-ray which I had Tuesday just waiting for results. But u r right about mind over matter it's just difficult to put into practise especially with this breathing symptom cuz it's always in my head that something might be wrong which then of course sets off the panic alarm lol. I can cope with it around d house it's annoying but I manage to cope I've tried taking the dog for a walk but it feels like the fresh air sets it off. Alot of people hav been chatting on here about the lump in the throat I get that 2 it feels like phlegm stuck in ur throat that u can't cough up it's really horrible but I manage to work with that, this shortness of breath I don't think I can it gets me all worked up. Once again thanks for advice Jason x
Amandag78 Is ok !! Comment
Amandag78 commented on atthebeach's status
Amandag78 commented on clean_in_ks's status