Anxiety Community
Anxiety Attack?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Anxiety Attack?

I have experienced these weird episodes where I my blood pressure drops, and more often than not it’s like I’m having a panic attack at the same time. I get anxious and weak and I feel like I could fall over and just lay there. It’s that feeling where my knees could buckle at any moment. I feel like the I’m slowing down and watching the world like it’s on a old television and I’m not really there. It’s like all my energy and life force has been sucked out. My mind just goes blank, and I freak out for like a few minutes because I don’t know anything because my mind is just a blank screen. I can’t make words or finish sentences and it’s just like I’m freaking out. It’s like I don’t know where I am for a few seconds but I do, it’s weird. I don’t know if it’s because of the whole blood pressure thing or something else. I would like some advice.
I would assume it is because of the reaction of the blood in the body when a panic attack kicks in. It races to places / parts of the body it assumes it is needed more. Thus people can go pale, feel dizzy, feel weak and the likes. Natural response to panic you are just having.
Low blood pressure or blood pressure drop, can cause the symptoms you described.  I recommend a doctors evaluation.

Good luck !!    
I have had major issues with anxiety for my entire adult life but the past 3 years...I have had those episodes like yours...like deja vu or I am there but not...all the things you said...to a T.
As a matter of fact, I am just getting ready to see a doctor about this because it has been too difficult to put into words until recently. I have blood pressure issues too...but I think this is just anxiety f...ing with my life again. Although if your blood pressure is low..it isn't helping but the other stuff sounds like panic/anxiety. Be well...both of us!!!
It all pretty much sounds like anxiety/panic and you should be evaled for that as well as your BP.
Make an appt. as soon as you can and in the meantime, try to stay calm and get your mind on something else, stay busy. I know the advice is trite and nearly impossible when your freaking out, but dwelling on your symptoms is only going to intensify them tenfold.
If you have to wait a few days to see your doctor, you might want to consider going to an Urgent Care clinic if they have one in your area. They could give you something to help you relax until you can see your doctor.
If you have any Valerian tea, drink lots of it..........it works like a mild tranq.
I'm sure you'll be fine.............we've all been where you are and WE survived!
Please let us know what they say, OK?
And keep writing to us if you find it helps.
Peace
Greenlydia
TinaR10 commented on TinaR10's status
18 mins ago
Alnan commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
1 hr ago
Paxiled commented on The Dark Side of ...