Anxiety Community
Anxiety Medication (Hydroxyzine) Interactions

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Can I take Hydroxyzine Pamoate (Daily) and Paroxetine HCl Oral (for attacks), with Acetaminophen plus caffeine (for headaches/energy booster), together without having any adverse reactions?
I've found that theophylline reacts negatively with caffeine, and MANY websites group hydroxyzine with theophylline. What is the difference between theophylline and hydroxyzine?
Thank you!
  • hydroxyzine (3 replies):
    Has anyone tried the hydroxyzine for anxiety? I took th...[more]
hi are you from the u.k? i would suggest phoning nhs direct on 08454647 they will be able to give you advise on your query.hpe that helps.
I discontinued taking 50mg of Hydroxyzine per dose with Excedrin (Aspirin, Acetaminophen and Caffeine) because I found that it actually increased both the likelihood and the effects of panic attacks. However, after reading up on the numerous reviews of this medication I've found that it's highly unlikely that it's the Hydroxyzine at fault as it's only reported contraindications appear to be drowsiness. The most likely culprit here is caffeine as I can take either Aspirin + APAP (Acetaminophen) with less caffeine and it does not happen. One day I took a normal recommended dose of Excedrin and it threw me into an anxiety attack, and the dose contain 130mg of caffeine. So now I take straight aspirin with one Excedrin tension, which is 500mg of APAP with only 65mg of caffeine and that does the trick for the pain but without the anxiety attack. I'm currently debating whether or not I should try the Hydroxyzine again to see what the effects are without the excess caffeine in my system. It's hard to pop one after having such a bad reaction the first couple times but it may be preferable to Xanex which can be extremely addictive. If I can muster up the courage to do so, I'll get back to you and post the results here.
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
Goldensong57 is ... Comment
melimeli Some people are angels! Comment
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms