Anxiety Community
Anxiety Medication (Hydroxyzine) Interactions
About This Community:

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Anxiety Medication (Hydroxyzine) Interactions

Can I take Hydroxyzine Pamoate (Daily) and Paroxetine HCl Oral (for attacks), with Acetaminophen plus caffeine (for headaches/energy booster), together without having any adverse reactions?
I've found that theophylline reacts negatively with caffeine, and MANY websites group hydroxyzine with theophylline. What is the difference between theophylline and hydroxyzine?
Thank you!
Related Discussions
  • hydroxyzine (3 replies):
    Has anyone tried the hydroxyzine for anxiety? I took th...[more]
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
hi are you from the u.k? i would suggest phoning nhs direct on 08454647 they will be able to give you advise on your query.hpe that helps.
Blank
2172411_tn?1337332031
I discontinued taking 50mg of Hydroxyzine per dose with Excedrin (Aspirin, Acetaminophen and Caffeine) because I found that it actually increased both the likelihood and the effects of panic attacks. However, after reading up on the numerous reviews of this medication I've found that it's highly unlikely that it's the Hydroxyzine at fault as it's only reported contraindications appear to be drowsiness. The most likely culprit here is caffeine as I can take either Aspirin + APAP (Acetaminophen) with less caffeine and it does not happen. One day I took a normal recommended dose of Excedrin and it threw me into an anxiety attack, and the dose contain 130mg of caffeine. So now I take straight aspirin with one Excedrin tension, which is 500mg of APAP with only 65mg of caffeine and that does the trick for the pain but without the anxiety attack. I'm currently debating whether or not I should try the Hydroxyzine again to see what the effects are without the excess caffeine in my system. It's hard to pop one after having such a bad reaction the first couple times but it may be preferable to Xanex which can be extremely addictive. If I can muster up the courage to do so, I'll get back to you and post the results here.
Blank
so does this mean i should or shouldn't take them together?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
242912_tn?1402547092
Blank
Jade59 commented on jugglin's status
32 mins ago
693583_tn?1417464176
Blank
lboogie7729 is hanging in there Comment
33 mins ago