Anxiety Mind
I have been dealing with anxiety for eight years now but I had it under control for so long. recently I had a seperation from my childrens father of 16 yrs, My anxiety got out of control. My question is what type of medication oof some been treated with? and do you get more emotional at times then before? I have been treated with xanax 0.25 mg for eight years taken as needed but recently a new dr. recommended khlonoprin (spelled wrong) stating its a longer acting drug  but I have fear of taking it why?
I have had anxiety for my whole life, but had gotten it under control for years. Then eight months ago it came back worse than ever. I went to the doc for meds. I tried xanax and it helped a little while trying to other long term meds. I was so scared to try it, but I was desperate. When the anxiety continued my doc suggested a different long term med and klonopin. Once again, I was scared, but desperate. The first night I took it,I slept better then in months. For me there was a fear of it not working...it working and being stuck on "drugs" to be normal...and just the idea of not knowing how I would react. I was glad I tried it. It worked better than xanax, but everyone is different. Good luck!!!!!!
It can be scary trying something new but it might be really worth it....
I take Zoloft for mine as well as Xanax as needed. The zoloft has helped me ALOT, it controls my panic and OCD but the xanax helps for emergency situations.

I have heard a lot about Klonopin as well. I have a script for it at home but have yet to use it. I figure why?  What i have does what it needs for now but if my meds stop working I would give it a try :)