Anxiety Community
Anxiety?? Pain and tingling in legs and body....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Hi, I have read a few posts on here relating to anxiety and it certainly seems I am not alone.  About 6 weeks ago I had a urine infection which was treated with antibiotics and since then, I seem to be falling apart.  The upshot of it all is after many doctors visits and not seeing the same doctor, they are all saying this is now anxiety lead.....  Now I'm not a particularly anxious person, however, I do worry about my health and any ailments that occur.  I am on Propanalol (beta-blocker) for headaches and also pantoprazole for gastritis in my stomach at the moment.  I ended up the week after the infection being sent into hospital as I was in so much pain down below and had had a massive bleed.  The Consultant at the hospital done an internal ultrasound and examined me only to say that she thought my endemetriosis was back or that the pain was coming from lesions from prior surgery regarding it.  However, it was difficult to tell as they won't do another laparoscopy in case it is the lesions causing pain.  Anyway, I was packed off with tramadol and a referral to the pain clinic.  Things still weren't right and I started having what felt like palpitations, like an electric current flowing through my entire body. So I stopped all meds the following day in case it was side effects.  Saw the doctor a couple of days later and he put the palpitations down to stopping the beta blockers suddenly, even though the palpitations started prior to me stopping them.... He wanted me to recommence them as he felt all my symptoms were that of anxiety and that the beta blockers would help with that.  So I have started them but I now have this tingling sensation in my legs, which can hurt like hell sometimes, radiates into my hips too.  I have pain in both my sides and my lower back and shoulder blades, radiating round to the front.  So much so that it is sore to the touch.  As I'm writing this I realise I sound like I'm making up ailment after ailment but I am NOT imagining all this pain and tingling, it is genuinely there.  I feel like such an idiot and that I'm losing the plot.  They keep saying anxiety but consciously I do not feel anxious at the moment.  I am not an anxious or stressed out person and there is nothing that has triggered any anxiety in the last 6 weeks.  I am just so sick of feeling 'not right' and feel like I'm just being fobbed off.....
I can understand how you feel is quite exhausting right? Some of what you are saying you have can be rule out as anxiety other could say is pinched nerve in your lower back which can cause the tingling and pain in the legs and hips I knows this cause I get it too. But there can be several different reason for all of them. Check with your doctor about a possible pinched nerve and see what they say. Good luck!!!
travel_melb Still clean and loving it..... Comment
36 mins ago
jugglin commented on 9 months+ off Subs !!...
Irisbritney Everyone says "just ignore ... Comment