Anxiety Community
Anxiety about Fatty Liver according to my story

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

For about two years I have struggled with a strong case of health anxiety. I got a degree in rehabilitation and sometimes the classes we take tend to inform you about all the bad diseases that can plague your body. I tend to worry about this a lot. Last July while in NYC after eating a greasy meal I got a bad pain on the right upper quadrant of my stomach. My PCP thought it was gallstones so he had an ultrasound of my abdomen ordered.

In turn the technician who completely violated his duties went on to tell me the results and that in fact I did NOT have gallstones but a swollen liver and that I should go to the doctor immediately. Mind you this was on a Saturday. I was frantic, afraid and uneasy. When I got to my doctor on Monday he told me it was just fatty liver. The actual Recommendations from the ultrasound said, "Fatty liver with prominent portal triad markings...hepatitis possible, clinical correlation recommended" Of course with the knowledge I had my health anxiety began to sky rocket. My doctor said just to diet and all would be ok.

The hepatitis aspect of it frightens me horribly. I do have 3 small tattoos that I got in my college years. The last about 4 years ago. I began thinking maybe it was hepatitis. Since August and even before then my doctor has ran tons of blood tests. CBC, platelets, hepatic panel, etc. The rational mind would say they would have caught hepatitis by now but the anxious side of me says that maybe they missed something. Is this possible? Is it possible that they could have done sooooo many blood tests and missed hepatitis? If it was Hep C would I be showing symptoms already? (jaundice, etc) I am so worried. I am only 24 and don't have time to be worried about health issues. Just finished school and at the top of my career. I would appreciate some sincere help. Maybe somebody can interpret those ultrasound results better for me.

Thanks again,
Lynn

Also, I have been on birth control pills for 10 years now could that be correlated to the fatty liver. I had heard about this before. I have STOPPED taking them, begin working out and eating better and am wondering if that was the cause how long before my liver begins to heal.

I am 24, about 5'2 and weight 157lbs overweight I know but I thought my liver would be doing better
melimeli taking metformin for blood ... Comment
4 mins ago
brice1967 commented on Embarrassing, but i n...
1 hr ago
Emily_MHModerator commented on Why You Might Have A ...