Anxiety and Bowel Changes
So my mother died a few months ago, and after that I started to get really concerned that I was going to die and that I had an STD. I went to my school doctor and they said that i was fine(i said that I thought i had herpes or hiv).

I could not shake the thought that I had one of those things and I started to loose sleep and after a few weeks of this i started to have some loose bowel movements. i have been having these bowel movements all summer and the doctors at the hospital(i went to the emergency room twice cuz I freaked out over health stuff) said that i had OCD and anxiety disorders.

Could these bowel issues be because of the anxiety? They did not start until I came home from college.
Oh yes!! This is a huge part of my anxiety- my bm's. I had stomach problems for quite some time. I started taking B-vitamins, and it helped to calm me down. Once I started calming down, my bm's got much better. I am not really worried about them anymore. It is such a relief. Anyway, did you ever get tested for anything? I am sure it would put your mind at ease a bit. You have a lot on your plate, and you need to face your issues. Maybe you should try and find a counselor as well. Talking with someone can definitely help. Best wishes to you!!
I am sorry about your mom.  That in itself can cause all of the symptoms you have: the fear of dying, the fear of being ill, and the loose bowel movements.  You sound like you are suffering from anxiety AND DEPRESSION.  It is very normal to feel this way when you are dealing with grief.  I suggest getting to a psychologist or go into grief counseling (I did after the passing of my parents).  You have many feelings that you need to surface to help you work through the stages of grief.  You are a healthy person just going through a very difficult time and time will help you to return to your normal life.  Also, check out the grief/loss forum also here at medhelp.  There may be some insight there for you also.  May God grant you peace.
I'm sorry about your loss.

My doctor told me (paraphrasing here), "there are millions and millions of nerve endings throughout the digestive system and especially in the stomach, so if you have an anxiety disorder it can certainly end up affecting things down there".  He went on to explain that anxiety disorder can mimick IBS, and can even be mistaken for IBS.  And in people with IBS, anxiety can make that worse.

So, no, there's probably nothing abnormal going on.  However, you would do better to see a doctor and have it checked out because you never really know what could cause it.  Only a doctor can diagnose you.

Best Wishes,
D
thanks for your input. i was diagnosed with the OCD and Anxiety disorders. Because I  dont have insurance, I cant ask a lot of these questions. When I get back to school I will have insurance and will be able to get the help I need.

2 weeks till peace of mind!!1
hello friend
i am suffering from the same problem it can be said fear of losing bowel control especially when you know tht there isnt a washroom nearby or you wont be able to make it to it.i have been suffering from 3 years with this and i have done o levels and a levels with this problem i know some tips to reduce your fears anxiety is cozed by adrenaline rush burn your adreneline by sweating your self soak ur self in sweat and you ll see how it works
I think they go hand in hand.  I'm very anxious, nervous, and fearful of dying and having a horrible disease.  This causes severe stomach issues and certainly loose bowel movements, which adds to the anxiety for me - because certainly it must be some horrible gastrointestinal illness!  I recently lost my father and it has certainly added to the anxiety/nervous stomach.  I'm very sorry for your loss.