Anxiety and Eating Problems! HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!
So I just posted a big ole question regarding chest pain about two seconds ago. But I want to talk about this further. I just posted it in a different question because its kind of a different topic. Anyway, I'm 17 and I was just diagnosed with GAD and Panic Disorder.  I haven't started medication yet because I want to see a psychiatrist first, what my Dr. recommended. Anyway, I have some questions about how anxiety sufferers feel after they eat. Since July 25th, my second big panic attack, I haven't been able to eat very well at all. Its like food just cant seem to go down without causing intense chest pain and tightness. I've lost a lot of weight due to this. Its like I'll eat and I feel like I have a huge brick in my stomach and especially the chest, even if its a very small meal. After feeling this due to eating, I cant really stand up because I feel so heavy and full in my chest. Actually, I cant seem to stand very well anymore in general. I feel like too much weight is in my chest, like a balloon full of water. But doctors keep telling me all my symptoms are just anxiety. I have been seen by four different doctors. My primary care Dr, two doctors at Urgent Care, and a whole staff of nurses and a Dr. in the Emergency Room. I have had 3 EKGs, 2 chest x-rays, and blood work done two different times since June 19, 2009, the day after I had my first big panic attack. But I feel the doctors are missing something, or I haven't gotten enough tests done yet. I feel so awful all the time, especially when I stand or eat it just cant be only anxiety. I'm still very worried about my health, even though I keep being told I'm fine. Does anybody else have this problem after eating or when standing? PLEASE, I really need to know if I'm the only one experiencing this. This is just something that doesn't feel anxiety related. Thanks for reading. Talk to me! :)
Hi!
I went through the eating problems as well-- I could not get food down for several days, and of course that added to my anxiety issues!  I don't know about the standing problem because I did not have that, I'm sure others will chime in though. What kind of medication did they put you on?  If you are not sleeping yet that will compound the problems also, my doctor gave me klonopin and it literally saved me.  Hang in there! I know you feel like you are dying and that of course makes things worse. Just try to calm down as much as possible and know we have all gone through the same things and we are still here. It will get better!
Chrissy,
The feeling you have in your throat and chest is from anxiety, anxiety manifests itself in many different ways. What were you given at the hospital for your anxiety?

Please read the letter I have sent to you it was sent this morning before I had even read this post.

I hope that tonight you're able to eat without panic, and try to get rest.

Bless you
your Friend

Dan