Anxiety and Heartburn
Hi All,

So I've had bad anxiety for a while now.  I am getting better mentally it seems, but physically I am worse for wear.  I had an ECG done and the cardiologist said everything is normal.  

What I suffer from now is constant heartburn.  I am getting no sleep at all and it makes my anxiety worse.  It also scares me that I feel like my mind is clear but my body is still feeling bad and that my heart is bad and the doctors can't find it.  I cannot explain this heartburn.

Does anxiety cause heartburn like this?

Could I still have anxiety even if my find feels like it's not freaking out anymore?

Thanks for all the help.
You can still have anxiety even when you feel calm.  I know anxiety impacts our stomachs and digestive tracts, but not sure it causes heartburn.  Have you tried things like Tums to help with the heart burn?  Have you addressed this with your doctor?  You truly need to "accept" that your heart is fine. I know it's hard to do this, but this constant worry and fear is fueling your anxiety and keeping it going strong.  Heartburn is easily treated, you should see your doctor regarding this, and for peace of mind.  Take care.
Anxiety can definitely cause heartburn.  When your anxious your body produces more stomach acid.  I take Prilosec and it helps.  Sometimes you can get chest burns with anxiety that aren't even related to heartburn.  I hate those.