Anxiety Community
Anxiety and PVCs
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Anxiety and PVCs

I am having serious anxiety problems.  None of my meds seem to work.  I was on Lexapro 20 mg and it stopped working, Effexor raised my blood pressure and didn't work, and 100 mg of Zoloft for about 2 weeks now.  My doc gave me xanax to take as needed, which a take maybe 2 times a week.  I have PVCs which they tell me is normal but I am having a ton and they are affecting my life.  I feel like I have no life.  My doc just upped my zoloft to 150 mg.  What does a person do when they get to this point?  What anxiety meds have worked for people?  Any suggestions would be great!!
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,
I get a lot of Pvcs too, they are horrible aren't they! they drive me mad too but when im busy on things i don't notice them too much.  Taking up hobbies definitely helps and also have you tried taking magnesium?  although they haven't gone completely it does lessen them a bit. Also massaging your jugular vein in your neck helps control them (thats what my doc said). Re medication for anxiety I am not sure as I'm trying my best to cope without it but I think I may have to get some!  Be strong and hope you feel better soon

K
Blank
Same here too.  PVCs since age 14 and I'm 31 yo now.  They started with a stressful time in my life.  I went to a cardiologist at 18, because I thought there was something seriously wrong with my heart.  I had my first panic attack ever in his office.  He was a great cardiologist, and he had a stress test done, a monitor and an echocardiogram.  He said he could hear an ever so slight mitral valve click.  The echo said I had a very slight mitral valve prolapse, but my heart looked and functioned great.  Four years later, same tests, same outcome.  I just had an echo again a few months ago, and they found absolutely nothing wrong, not even mitral valve prolapse.  So, I am having PVCs as I type right now. They come and go, but I am stressed today, hence the PVCs.  They even detected them on the EKGs, stress test and they are no big deal.  I had one of the best cardiologists in the country for arrythmias, and he told me they were no problem at all.  However, I fully understand how uncomfortable they are, trust me.  What helps is knowing that they will not really hurt me.  I think everyone should get checked out, though, just to make sure.  

As far as meds, Toprol helped me.  It's a beta blocker and it lowers your blood pressure and helps with PVCs and chest pain.  I only take it when they are bad now but used to take 50mg (I think) every day.  Zoloft helped my anxiety.  Xanax doesn't do much for me.  I take Valium when things get bad, I hate taking meds, but I do when I need to.  I take Ativan for sleep.  I also try not to eat a big meal, drink caffeine, or sleep on my left side (it makes mine worse for some reason).  Hope you feel better:)

Take care
Blank
It is totally the anxiety bringing on the PVC's. You can probably predict when they are coing on because you have nervously released some adrenaline. Extremely common with anxiety. I have them and when I am nervous or stressed, boom one after the other. I know that it is hard not to focus on them, but it really makes it worse. I was sitting watching TV and my husband and I were arguing, so I was tense, and my whole chest moved, it was freaky, but I am still here typing!! They really are nothing to worry about.

Good Luck!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
1302038_tn?1401843053
Blank
TinaR10 commented on renae176's status
6 mins ago
1302038_tn?1401843053
Blank
TinaR10 commented on photo