Anxiety Community
Anxiety and Pulsating sounds in my head

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Anxiety and Pulsating sounds in my head

About 2 months ago i felt numbness in my head heart beat very fast so i went to the ER they told me i just had a panic attack and prescribed ALPRAZOLAM and about a month after that i had a second panic attack while riding in a car at night  having numbness in my head heart beatin fast feelin like i couldnt get oxygen to my brain and went to the ER they did an EKG and X rays they ran blood and found out i had a high white blood cell count and fever and they couldnt figure out what was infected so sent me home i recently been to my doctor and she perscribed me ZOLOFT for my anxiety it seems like its not working yet and now i feel this pulsating heartbeat sound in my head mostly when im layin down and this one sided headache its really scaring me i feel anxious all the time now im very sensitive to noises an light could it be from the anxiety medicine? i am really looking for answers to this please help if you can.
I am going to be completely honest with you.  If you ask a lot of people on here, they will tell you, thinking something is really wrong with you is anxiety.  Now you did go to the hospital and it does sound like there is something off. Medications can have all kinds of side effects. I have experienced sensitivity to light and sound.  How many miligrams of zoloft are you on?  Are you still taking the alprazolam?  I really think you need to rule out any health issues.  So I would suggest getting everything checked.  My guess is that you are going to be healhty.  I am not a doctor but it is probably going to be safe to say that you have really bad anxiety.  If the medications do not seem to be working, please go see another doctor. You need to find one that you experience the least amount of side effects on.  It can take time to find one that works for you.  Your neuratransmitters could be adjusting to the SSRI and they might be going a little haywire right now, and that could be the reasoning for the weird feelings.  Hang in there.  
Thank you and no im not takin the ALPRAZOLAM anymore it seemed to really help me and the doctor said that i do have bad anxiety and i have to take something everyday for it so ZOLOFT is the best but seems to make things worse im only takin 25MG it honestly just ***** cause it feels like somethings wrong all the time.
mishymoshymarcy I thought disappointing you... Comment
7 mins ago
Stressing, disappointing myself onc...
11 mins ago by mishymoshymarcy
Amandag78 commented on msdelight's status
50 mins ago