Anxiety Community
Anxiety and Stress messing with body? Help!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Okay so I've been under immense stress lately and its caused some symptoms that my body has never really had with stress.

Severe back pain
Craving fatty foods
Frequent urination
Migraines
Bloating (possible weight gain, no scale in the house)
Occasional cramping

Is this normal..?

I have a really difficult home/work life and I had to help my grama burry our cat on Thursday.. I have even been sleeping a lot more.

My past stress and anxiety symptoms were always psychological and not physical so I'm really confused. Anything would help. Thanks!
All the above can be caused or made worse by stress.  They can also be something else, but they're all in the  stress line.  Have you ever looked into learning relaxation exercises, particularly meditation?
I've tried deep breathing and whatnot. But the worst part is I'm recovering from being a self injurer. When I would be stressed before I would cut and feel better, but I'm trying not to fall back into that.
Hello and welcome!  Looks like we're neighbors!  I also live in Washington PA!  

I agree that a lot of your symptoms could be stress related, but when was the last time you've had a physical?  If not within the last year, I think that's a good idea, just because you should be checked out annually anyway, but also to make sure that none of these symptoms have a medical origin.

Are you sexually active?  ANY chance you may be pregnant?  For some reason, that possibility stood out to me immediately.  If there is a chance, rule that out for sure with an EPT home pregnancy test.

I'm very sorry about your cat.  It's so hard to lose a beloved pet.  Are you getting therapy for the other issues, like the cutting?  Please keep in touch with us, let us know how you're doing okay?
I haven't had a physical in years. And I found out that I had/have a bladder infection so that was why my urination was so frequent. I'm prone to bladder infections, and just got over a bacterial infection in my liver, gastritis and a hernia so I figure that that was just a part of it due to by body trying to filter out all of the bacteria in my sustem. I'm actually feeling a lot better other than the stress levels at home and work. And no, there's really no chance of pregnancy. And my period starts in 4 days.
JoePinto77 commented on A very inspiring colu...
1 hr ago
bfromthed commented on photo
Ruthy55 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...