Anxiety Community
Anxiety and Tingling Sensations

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Anxiety and Tingling Sensations

My anxiety started May 2008 with a bad panic attack.  I threw myself into a cycle.  I had palpitations, feelings of doom, and shortness of breath too often than not.  For months, instead of taking medicine I tried a new diet, yoga, breathing, accupuncture, but nothing seemsed to help.  Finally, in September I went to the doctor when I started to get tingling all over my body.  It started in my finger, leg, and then wrist.  I freaked out and thought I had MS, and by that night after I had self-diagnosed myself the tinling was ALL OVER.  I went to the doctor and she put me on Lexapro.  After a few weeks, my nerves settled as well as the tingling.  BUT, the tingling is back again.  I have heart palpitations here and there, mostly after I drink, whic is NOT often.  For the most part, I feel great except for this subtle tingle and just a little anxiety.  Its all over and only when I wear tight clothing or think about it.  I have not received an MRI since my blood tests showed no inflammation.  Could this simply be my anxiety?  I am only on 10mg of Lexapro, so could my body be getting used to it?
10mg is a pretty small dose.  Your doc probably told you that most people respond to 10mg's but not everyone does.  Some require a little higher dose or even an add on medicine for those times you get panic attacks like Xanax.  It sounds like what your having is a occasional slight anxiety attack.  That would be my guess.
Thanks for the response!  I am almost positive this is all due to my anxiety but it drives me nuts!  I now only have slight tingling in my arms when I where something tight to my arms, ugh.  
I am also on 10mg of Lexapro a day, I would say, at best, it takes the edge off, but does not take the anxiety away. I also experience the tingles, but it is in my scalp, I experience ringing in the ears, and I am mildly lightheaded at times. Relaxation techniques have helped me in the past, and just knowing what these feelings are now help me out huge. My anxiety was a lot worse when I didn't know what these sensations were. Now that I know, I just get frustrated that I have to deal with it. Some days are worse than others, but for the most part, I deal with my anxiety day by day, and continue to go to therapy, and will begin exercising, and doing some things that make me happy.

Best of Luck to You!
Jade59 commented on mclovin
Swollentoe commented on joycake's status
Lizziesj27 commented on photo