Anxiety Community
Anxiety and Tingling Sensations

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Anxiety and Tingling Sensations

My anxiety started May 2008 with a bad panic attack.  I threw myself into a cycle.  I had palpitations, feelings of doom, and shortness of breath too often than not.  For months, instead of taking medicine I tried a new diet, yoga, breathing, accupuncture, but nothing seemsed to help.  Finally, in September I went to the doctor when I started to get tingling all over my body.  It started in my finger, leg, and then wrist.  I freaked out and thought I had MS, and by that night after I had self-diagnosed myself the tinling was ALL OVER.  I went to the doctor and she put me on Lexapro.  After a few weeks, my nerves settled as well as the tingling.  BUT, the tingling is back again.  I have heart palpitations here and there, mostly after I drink, whic is NOT often.  For the most part, I feel great except for this subtle tingle and just a little anxiety.  Its all over and only when I wear tight clothing or think about it.  I have not received an MRI since my blood tests showed no inflammation.  Could this simply be my anxiety?  I am only on 10mg of Lexapro, so could my body be getting used to it?
10mg is a pretty small dose.  Your doc probably told you that most people respond to 10mg's but not everyone does.  Some require a little higher dose or even an add on medicine for those times you get panic attacks like Xanax.  It sounds like what your having is a occasional slight anxiety attack.  That would be my guess.
Thanks for the response!  I am almost positive this is all due to my anxiety but it drives me nuts!  I now only have slight tingling in my arms when I where something tight to my arms, ugh.  
I am also on 10mg of Lexapro a day, I would say, at best, it takes the edge off, but does not take the anxiety away. I also experience the tingles, but it is in my scalp, I experience ringing in the ears, and I am mildly lightheaded at times. Relaxation techniques have helped me in the past, and just knowing what these feelings are now help me out huge. My anxiety was a lot worse when I didn't know what these sensations were. Now that I know, I just get frustrated that I have to deal with it. Some days are worse than others, but for the most part, I deal with my anxiety day by day, and continue to go to therapy, and will begin exercising, and doing some things that make me happy.

Best of Luck to You!
I have the same thing - it started 1 year ago after a 3 months of EXTREME stress.  my feet started tingling - when I get up in the morning it comes up my legs.  I also get electric shocks in my feet and face (temples) and neck. I went to emergency room twice, then internal med specialist, then neurologist, ObGyn, podiatrist, and psychiatrist. Gave 50 vials of blood, x-rayed feet, nerve test on feet - all came back normal.  All docs they all say they don't know - probably anxiety. I finally googled and found Dr. Hyman - he says Magnesium and Calcium  - Its working.  I use CALM - found it at Health food store - its Magnesium - but I also add I Crystal Calcium.  There may be other better brands.  Let me know.  I love this website - its great to know im not alone.  I thought I was dying.  God Bless YOu - Liz
mishymoshymarcy commented on oral presentation
13 mins ago
Nighthawk61 commented on oral presentation
Iceness added the Crohn's/Ulcerative Colitis Tra...
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms