Anxiety Community
Anxiety and chest tingling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Anxiety and chest tingling

I know that chest pains are symptoms of anxiety, but are they supposed to happen EVEN when you're not experiencing an attack or feeling particularly nervous? I can't even call them pains because they don't hurt. It's just a tingling sensation that may last four to five seconds and goes away. They can be at the top of the chest, bottom, and can even reach my back.

I'd like to hear your input JSGeare.

I've seen three doctors in the past six months and I really want to make another appointment Monday. I'm really worried that it could be something other than heartburn or anxiety. I've been eating right, so I don't think it could be heartburn, but I'm not sure.

If I see another doctor, then insurance company will probably think I'm crazy. I just really, really want to feel normal.
You say you have seen 3 doctors.What specialty where they related to?Where they cardios?If you HAVE seen a cardiologist and you have been cleared you should stop worrying about it.On the other hand if youre still concerned get a second opinion from another cardio.If after this you are cleared from heart issues I would stop worrying.The pain you describe could be anxiety if all other tests prove negative.And the pain can come on even if you are not feeling anxious.I know, I am going through this.I have seen 5 cardios and even had a cath done,yet I still get chest discomfort.Anxiety has always been the diagnosis.Its hard to believe but its true.Your mind is very,very powerfull!The inherent problem with health anxiety in particular is the disbelief that the mind can manifest such symptoms.My disbelief,and a continual search for a physical ailment nearly led me to a nervous breakdown.Once again I will say that if you have been CLEARED of any physical problem you must let it go.Further appointments and testing will only serve to increase your anxiety.I am sure JSGeare will be here shortly to give you some more help.Best regards,
Dimi.
One doctor's appointment was related to a panic attack (which scared the hell out of me), the other one was a regular check-up (I got an EKG and it was normal), and the last one was for heartburn and stress. He diagnosed me with anxiety and gave me ativan.

I haven't seen a cardiologist yet because every time I call one they give me the runaround because I need a doctor's recommendation to see them. I would like to see one just to ease my mind. The other day I took an ativan and felt great. The problem is I know I can't do that everyday or I'll be addicted.

Thanks so much, johanni. This is all so crazy.
TinaR10 commented on TinaR10's status
37 mins ago
Irisbritney I enjoy helping others like... Comment
1 hr ago
TinaR10 Hey guys.12 days until I ca... Comment