Anxiety and constant chest/arm pain
I'm 34 yr old male and have been experiencing various chest and left arm pains for about three months.  I've seen a plethora of doctors from cardiologist to internist to GI doc to psychologist.  Heart problems have been ruled out by numerous EKG's and stress echo test.  GI doc found I have a hiatal hernia/GERD from upper GI and is currently being treated with Nexium.  Have also had ultrasound of liver/gall bladder and MRI of abdomen - all normal.  Feel like a pin cushion from all the blood work - again all within normal ranges.

My psychologist insists anxiety is the culprit.  Though I have been under a fair amount of stress with work and family, can these pains linger around for this long just from anxiety?  They come and go throughout the day and are very disruptive to my thinking of 'what's going on with me? - which I'm guessing only breeds more anxiety.

The only other med I'm on is Lipitor for cholestorol.

I'm reluctant to try any anti-anxiety meds since I had a bad bout with cymbalta a few months back and I really don't feel as though I need it.  I just want the pain to stop.  I've tried numerous relaxation and meditation methods which are very calming and helpful, but still the pain comes.  The only time I don't notice it is when I'm exercising (usually run 3-6 miles/day).

Any thoughts of what's going on?  Anxiety, current med side effects or something else?
I am 12 years old and I am having the same problem. The pain that I am having is making me sometimes feel dizzy at night and the pain is having to do with my family and religion. I know that chest pains can be really severe when having a heart attack. My mother is goes nuts when I start worrying about it and she told me it doesn't have anything to do with my heart and so did my family doctor. I sometimes think about negative things that might happen to me in the future such as depression, health problems, etc. Please help me before I start thinking more deeply! I really appreciate it.
Hi, I too have anxiety, my doctor said its not sever it scares the heck outta me. Yes I have all the same symptoms as you and yes I have a small child as well. Our everyday life & worrying about our children, health, $ and just everything will lead to anxiety/panic attacks, they work together. I had my heart checked out 3 times, went to the e.r about 4 times, was given ant acid for my gas(which comes from anxiety as well) I went through so many test and I worried more and more and the anxiety worsen. Personally I take my moms meds when I am tired of feeling faint, irrible, scared AND most of all worried. My doctor won't prescibe me with anything.

I sure if you read your religous book or Bible you can fight it. Because its all in the mind. Take Care~ Kish
Hi Guys. I thank God for leading me to this forum. I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder about a month ago. In just one month I have had almost all physical symptoms of Anxiety Sufferer. Chest pains, shortness of breath, sweating, lightheadedness, pins and needles, palpitations, pains on my arms and shoulders (mostly on left hand side), etc. Believe it or not, I’ve had all these symptoms and more. I’ve had three Panic Attack all in different forms, thought I was gonna die each time they happened. I’ve done CT scan, MRI, ECG, blood/urine tests, heart sonar, nerve tests and others that I don’t even know what they are called. All these tests came out with normal results. All the symptoms have gone away except palpitations and chest pains.
Though I’ve had all these symptoms, they did not come all at once. One symptom would come and once I have been able to convince my mind that its all in my head, the symptom would stop and a new symptom would follow. That’s anxiety is! Once u manage to deal with one symptom, its presents itself in another form.
I must say, this past month with this thing was probably thus far the worst time in my life. But at the same time these experience is changing my life to be a better person. You see I have been living with fear and worries for a better part of my life. Had these fears never presented themselves in this way (Attacks and other symptoms), I was gonna live with them for the rest of my life without ever confronting them. I with these attacks and other symptoms, It’s a way of God to make me confront my fears and worries in to be a better person.
I urge everyone on this forum to take this experience as a blessing in blessing in disguise. Fact is, if you suffer from anxiety it means you have constant negative thoughts and negative thoughts disrupt life. Take you condition as an opportunity for you to confront these negative thoughts and eliminate them for Good. I know this is easier said than done, but IT CAN BE DONE!!  In my case, have requested a divine intervention from God. I have revisited the basis of my faith and brought closer to God. People who have true faith in God never fear or worry. You always know that God got you!
The next step is for us to be in control of what our minds absorbs and choose deviate from the negative. Our minds feed our subconscious and anxiety emanates the subconscious (most times). STOP thinking the worst of every situation (I know it’s not easy, BUT IT CAN BE DONE)!!!. BE FREE!!!  Reprogram your way of thinking.  Leave no place in your mind for negative thoughts!! Read positive books/articles, mix with positive people, find interesting hobbies.
Make an informed decision that YOU WILL STAY POSITIVE whether attacks/other symptoms come or not. Have a phrase of reaffirmation that you always say when these attacks come.  One of my phrases is  “My Redeemer lives!!”.  Take mine or make you own, don’t just say them, believe in these phrases. You will be amazed that change that your way of thinking will bring into your life!!!!
Jesus Bless you all!!!!!!
Great Forum!
I have found it really helpful reading through these posts as it does seem we are all sharing the similar/same symptoms. I am a 30 year old man, non smoker for 16 months , no drugs.  

My first experience with this was a year ago, but last week it has come back again. Basically I woke up at 3am suddenly, my heart immediately starting racing, I started sweating and could not stop. I had to get out of the covers to calm and cool myself down. (a classic panic attack I am told)

Since then I have a dull ache in my left chest, which sometimes moves to my back or left shoulder and arm, I also have the odd sharp pain and iregular heartbeat from time to time. I was wondering if anyone else walkes up in the middle of the night with these pains? of course, I wake up, worry and cant sleep properly.

I have been to the Doctor who thinks it is Anxiety once more, heart sounds fine, lungs seem fine, oxygen levels are fine and ECG seems fine. (had a chest x-ray last year, fine)  

This saturday, I still had the pains and felt bad so my family took me to the walk in clinic who immediatley hooked my up to an ECG and started panicking because my heartbeat was irregular and my blood pressure shot up...yet my ECG was fine. I got reffered to an out of hours  hospital GP who said I was ok, and has reffered me to have a heart stress test to rule out every possibility. I am assuming (hoping) that the experience of being hooked up like that in the walk in clinic caused my anxiety levels to rise and affect my BP and heart rythymn.

Of course since then, I have tried to remain positive. Like we all should. Sure enough, taking your mind of it for a while does make the feelings and pains go away...until you notice you dont have the pains any more and they come back.

A horrible loop to be stuck in and I fully appreciate how everyone is feeling.

I have been applying for numerous jobs and trying to progess my career over the last two months or so, I've had many interviews and I have always been 'the runner up'. whilst I have have had good feedback from the interviews I keep telling myself that this is my bodies way of dealing with the ups and downs.

Chin up folks, we will get through this

Hello I am a 21 year old male who also has bad anxiety ive gone through it since i was 18 years old when i moved to Guam it had seemed to go away but it has just returned at its worst i constantly think im gonna die of a heart attack because i feel pain in my chest and my left arm hurts but what i think sometimes if im not dead in the first 20 mins then im not going to die but my mind always says other wise all i can say is keep trying to fight this as so will i we will all get better sooner or later :D
   Hi all I'm constant in pain all the time with chest and left arm pain been havin panic attacks for 6 months now iv been to a±e loads of times had ecgs blood tests and xray all came back normall but still I worrie a lot Iv just gone 30 and these pains are getting me down a lot.I just want to get back to my normall self but I can not cause all I do is worry I'm taking medication at the moment I'm on beta blockers propanolol and citralopam they do work but I don't want to be on medication all my life just want my life to be normall again......... :( x  
I suffer from anxiety.

Last September, I went to two doctors because I had a pain in the right side of my chest. The doctors could not figure out what was wrong with me, but I remained convinced that it was a case of appendicitis – even though the only symptom I experienced was a pain. No vomiting or any of the other symptoms.

Finally, one day I went to the ER. They ran blood work and did a CT scan, and they found nothing. They gave me some pills for acid reflux, which I began to take. I also began to eat a lot healthier. Eventually it went away.

Then, in October, I was sitting on the couch one night, when I felt a cold sensation in my chest. I felt like there was a leak in my chest, and it was leaking a cold fluid. This worried me a lot. This sensation made me more aware of my heartbeat, which I thought was too fast. I believed I was having heart palpitations so again I went to the ER. At the ER they ran an EKG and some chest x-rays. Everything was normal. The doctor told me I looked anxious, and that I shouldn’t be because I had nothing to worry about.

After the second visit to the ER, I followed up with a new doctor. This doctor performed a physical and blood work and said I looked healthy. He said I just needed to exercise regularly because I don’t.

I even saw an Asian herbalist doctor. He gave me herbs that promote better circulation, but also said just from looking at me that I worry too much.

November went on with a lot of odd pressures or odd feelings in my chest.

December was the same. During the holiday season, I had an irrational fear that something bad would happen on my birthday (December 24th or Christmas). Nothing of the sort happened. On the 24th, during my church’s Christmas Eve service, I felt some more heart palpitations and began to panic. However, as soon as it was over, I was fine.

Also during December and for months after, I felt that I needed to have my hand over my chest to prevent something from happening.

Around late December, I began experiencing some chest tightness. I visited the doctor and he performed an EKG. Everything was fine.

In January, I started at a new school. I began attending a four-year institution, which was more stressful than the community college I was attending. Chest pain and discomfort seemed to go away during January and through March. I feel that the new stress from school was a good thing, because it gave me something to focus on. Other than continue worrying about my health.

Again recently, after coming home from a very stressful week of both work and school, I came home and felt a sharp pain in the right side of the chest. I had experienced this type of pain before, but it lasted for around one-hour and 45-minutes. I was freaking out, so I called my doctor on his cell phone. He asked me several questions, and decided that I just needed to take some Advil and that there was no need to go to the ER. I felt fine almost immediately after getting off the phone with him.

But in the days after, the chest pain and discomfort continued. One night, I had started to feel a pain in my arms, reading that pain in the arm is associated with heart attacks I panicked. That night I went to the ER again. At the ER the performed some blood tests and x-rays. Again, they found nothing wrong.

I’ve had other with feelings, such as tingling in my body, random spasms, even a cold sensation in my forehead. But I’ve decided this is all stress. After so many doctors that have studied for years and had years of experience, none of them have found anything wrong with me.

Why am I worrying? I don’t know. But I need to stop. I want to cast my anxieties away. I want to declare myself free from these fears. These pains and weird sensations are all because of my anxiety. I want to stop. No more anxiety, no more fear. I want to be free.

It all started when I overanalyzed and concluded the worst possible situation over some stomach pain. I declare no more. I declare freedom.
Can someone tell me if they have had constant (doesn't go away) left side chest pain for more then 3 months.  To make my story short over the past three months I have gone to the ER once thinking I was having a heart attack which I wasn't. The symtoms I had which took me to the ER were rapid heart beat and felling of passing out.  I didn't have chest pain when I went to ER this chest pain came a week after ER visit.
I have had the following test done: 4 chest X-ray, 1 chest cat scan (with dye), 2 echo, 3 EKG, 1 stress test, 1 endoscopy, ultrasound of liver, pancreas and gallbladder, thyroid, 1 mammogram,  3 complete blood work and 2 urine test. All came back negative and well. I was also tested for mono virus (negative also) because in between my panic attack (visit to ER) and the chest pain (a week after ER)  I had kind of bad cold with a lot of cough.

I'm being sent to a Rheumatologist this week for some other tests.  I have been diagnosed with supposed pleurisy (because of the bad cold / cough I had 2 months ago) and or perhaps some anxiety or stress. I don't know what to think anymore.  One minute I think I might be dying or have something they haven't discover yet.  Sometimes I think the constant pain in the chest could be pleurisy like the doctor think it could be or that it could be coming from my back or something with nerve disfuntion due to past car accidents (I never experienced chest pain then or never in my life until this past 3 months). I do have anxiety due to all this constant pain on my left side that doesn't go away but I'm confused because I don't know if this pain is real or is just my mind. I feel pain all over my chest muscle or rib from time to time but the main pain that is always constant for the past 3 months I only feel when I take a deep breath I feel it like a sharp pain but only on the left side.  Someone has the same? Can someone be so kind to tell me what they think?....sorry for misspellings english is not my first language.  Thank you so much!

This message board has helped me today. Just like every other day I have some weird symptom that makes me feel like I'm dying. This week it has been left arm pain. But last week it was feeling confused and foggy. The month before it was chest pain and palpitations. A few months before that it's tight chest and shortness of breath. Sometimes is hot/cold flashes and clammy fingers and tingly toes and dry mouth. It's like my anxiety is always trying to out-smart me. As soon as I get used to a symptom or get it checked and know it's not fatal, my body moves on. I'm in constant fear and confusion because how will I ever know if a symptom is serious or just the new manifestation of anxiety? I hate fighting my way through every day telling myself I'm going to be okay, telling myself I'm going to live. I think the longer this goes on perhaps the more strength I'll have to fight it because I can count the days I've won before. Lately reading the Bible has helped and if you are fearing death, perhaps having faith in the afterlife and strength from God is the best of comfort. We all need to read these posts and remind ourselves that these symptoms aren't just ours, they are common and we all suffer but knowing we aren't alone can help us fight back against our symptoms.
Hi Guys, am glad am not the only one going through this problem, also have symptoms that were mentioned below and have been to several doctors including physiotherapist, blood tests, ecg chests scans, everything is fine. They prescribed Azlam 0.5 mg, which does not help that much. I stay alone, it gets worse when am on my own but when my girlfriend is sleeping over it gets better. Is there anything that can be done or diet that I can take to calm palpitation especially because they are the worst? Gudluck to everyone
Hey all, I've been feeling my symptoms for about 6 months now arm pain, chest pain, neck pain,jaw pain, and finger pain(which is really bad). At first it was every now and then but this past month its been there all day everyday. It driving me frigging nuts.. Its there when i'm calm and in a good mood and its there when i'm stressing about it. I've been to the emergency 3 times and got a ecg done and it was fine. But that doesn't ease my mind at all, i cant stop thinking that it has to be something wrong that's serious, It seemed to be getting a little better 2 months ago but then my cousin who lives across the country had a heart attack after overdoseing on his prescription meds(this was intentional) After i heard that the pain has doubled.. ughh i just dont know what to do its ruining my life.. I work out of town and every time i go i get scared because i'm thinking this could be the time i have the heart attack.. Im hoping this is anxiety and if it is what do you all do to get rid of it cause all the things i have tried haven't worked(excercise,accepting it and eating better. Can anxiety be there all day evryday happy,sad, sleeping or working????????
Hey! I'm only 17 and recently like maybe the past 2-3 weeks i have been hurting n my chest and having chest tightness and horrible headaches. they did bloodwork EKG's xrays and alot more and havent found a thing and told me mine was anxiety and put me on meds twice a day for it. which the meds make me sleepy and so i really dont function right but if its not one thing its another! lol
Please try yoga it has done good to me. Practice pranayam(you can find the techniques on youtube) for just 30 mins daily it would do wonders trust me.
Try for at least a month with determination things will definetly change for good.
Good luck all
Hi Everyone. If you are suffering from any anxiety, Please please please read a book by Dr Claire Weekes, its called Essential Help for Your Nerves. I have suffered for years with every symptom possible, been to A & E and have had numerous test and trust me this book has worked wonders. I can not recommend it enough. I think she has several books out and all deal with anxiety. They are amazing.......A real life changer. I have never read a book like this before. Dr weekes seems to understand and explain every symptom possible in anxiety and why we get them. The book has practical solutions on how to remover which is the best bit.
Hi, I'm a 13 yr old girl and have anxiety. I have been CONVINCED I am going to have a heart attack even though I've had an EKG, ECG, and chest xray done. The reason for my worries are because I have had indigestion, sharp arm pains(mostly in the left), back aches, abdominal cramps, sharp jaw pains(again, left side), chest pains, headaches, lots of lightheadedness,the list goes on and on. The pains come an go. It started about a month ago when I was in camp, not stressed or worried at all and suddenly I had a sharp, shooting pain in my left arm that came and went, and diarrhea that week. In camp last week, we went to an amusement park an I was even to scared to go on some of the rides because  of warnings of heart conditions. Do you think this might still be a heart attack???
I'm 33 and have been suffering with the dreaded anxiety diagnosis. Its rough to say the least and has taken my life over. It started when I was 19. I took every medication under the sun it seems but none helped. I don't smoke.or even drink anything with caffine. My brain runs costantly..I wake up light I got hit by lightning, and I can't go back to sleep, or get any relief. My shoulders are always raised, my toes curled, jaws clinched, sweaty arm pits, on top of the chest pains. Its a nightmare and it has destroyed my life. If anyone had it this bad and found relief, id love your input. Thank you.
35 and yes all of the above mentioned chest, arm, neck back of neck and even palpitations all freak me out espacially when you have young children at home and a family depending on your well being, but foe some reason I believe its Gods way of keeping me in check cause out of all the ER visits, specialist holster monitors doctor appointments EKGs and so on, it all comes back normal... I'm praying for all of you and I ask the same in return God Bless you all
Thank you for your post justlookingforanswers!  I too suffer terribly from anxiety - same issues with the heart/chest pain.  Been to the ER, have had stress tests, ECGs and everything looks great.  I know that my heart is fine in the logical part of my brain - but when the panic/anxiety kicks in... forget about anything logical.  It's sad so many of us suffer with this, but it's also comforting to know that we are not alone.
Thank you KirstinMC - I just joined this forum and so grateful to have found it!  Your post was exactly what I needed to read today - I always start panicking when I feel the slightest difference in my heartbeat and that just leads me down a road of craziness (ER visits, wanting to go home and rest, not wanting to drive).  So, thank you for posting your message - I know it was written a long time ago, but it's helpful for newbies like me.
Yes to all of that off and on for 25 years. Ativan should help you. Ask your doctor for it. It is a wonder drug, but it does cause dependency. In my opinion a dependency is better than anxiety. Maybe you'll agree. Antidepressants can help but take a while to kick in. Steer clear of Effexor because you cannot miss a dose or stop taking it. The withdrawal symptoms are hell. Lexapro or Zoloft are good choices. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy has been proven to help. There are web sites that allow you to do that on-line for free.
Two weeks ago, my husband called 911 coz I woke up shaking and in cold sweats.  My face experienced involuntary muscle spasms/twitching and I started mumbling words and just could not speak.  I thought I was having a stroke.  Weeks before this episode, however, I also have been experiencing some chest discomfort (not pain but more like a twitching or spasm) sometimes on the left side and sometimes on the right but mostly on the left side.  I have been also having some left arm discomfort which became worse after the episode two weeks ago.  Just like all of you, they did all kinds of tests, EKG, MRI, CT scan, Carotid x-ray/ultrasound, EEG-all came back negative. I am back home resting but once in a while I still feel the shakes, the sudden chest discomfort which will last only a few seconds and the pain on my left arm.  Sometimes I feel my jaw also tightening and discomfort on my neck.  I am now on a very low dose of Xanax and that's just about it.  Doctors said it ia all anxiety and stress related.  I would like to believe that it is just that and not anyhting physical but I think anxiety and stress are so mcuh more difficult to treat than any physical/structural problems.  I am just so "glad" (coz I am really no glad that we are experiencing these) that I am not alone andthat I am not crazy!
I havent read this thread in a long while but it is reassuring to know of the experiences of others - i have had most of the symptoms described above at one time or another over the last 3-4 years and also all the heart/blood tests

I have now stopped taking Sertraline (50mg) which had been prescribed by my doc - the last few months i was only taking one tablet every other day anyway

Stress is difficult to shake - i have recently left my old job (which I had attributed to most of my stress) and started a new one in the sunshine with less work and a lot more money - and after 5 weeks of being completely fine i got the chest/arm pain and anxiety symptons the other day

I just try to get off my feet when it occurs and I hope that a prolonged period of less work and the sun will help matters

I do find that if i am having a conversation with someone who I find 'boring/annoying' my symptoms are more likely to arise (that is a serious comment btw not a rude one)

(ps i have a slight numbness/twitch in my left eye as I type this (another of my most common but less annoying symptoms!! :) )
I'm 13 almost 14 and for the past year I've had very bad anxiety and I was diagnosed with moderate to severe deppression and latly I've
been very scard cause I get pains in the fingers and my upper left chest and I've had a terrible fear of dieing and I'm to afraid to tell my mom about it cause for some reason I'm terrifyed of going to the doctors what should I do?
It is best if you start your own thread and repost your problem there, rather than list your problem on someone else's. You will get more replies that way. There is also a teen section on Medhelp which you might get help from.
I have constant chestpain in the middle of my chest all day it hurts when i ben down or try to lsyon my side what can it be
Have you asked your doc about it? If it is from bending and lying it sounds like a physical thing, perhaps pulled muscle.
Wow, reading all of this is very helpful for me as well.I have had anxiety issues in different capacities for as long as I can remember. I am now 30 years of age and it has manifested itself much like you all are describing.

I, too have found that the more distracted I am (exercise, work, socializing, etc) the less I feel the symptoms both physically and emotionally.

I also have had reassurance from physicians after ekg's, blood pressure/pulse monitoring, and blood tests that there is nothing physically wrong with me and I am in ideal health. They even chuckle when I tell them I run 3-5 miles per day/5-6 days per week as if it were a serious physical condition I would A) not be able to handle even half of that exercise and B) I wouldn't feel relief both during and after.

It's tough to live with the fear, but I have researched some CBT, meditation, and even some religious therapies and exercises which all help a little bit at a time. Medication has also never been much of a help to me and I have been in trying, anxiety-filled times in the past where it always has passed as long as I didn't let it completely control my life.

This time around is a bit more confusing however, having the symptoms more so physically than emotionally, but as we all can see, this thread is helpful on it's own as it has stood the test of time!

Just wanted to show my appreciation for it.

Hi, everybody I had anxiety for three years now and now I am sure that anxiety is what I have. Before I thought it was a heart condition or maybe I was going crazy; I feared everything, since I was too used to being healthy. Well I've come to realize that anxiety is like bullying, it teases you and frightens us, but that will end if we start fighting it and no let it take over our lives. We only live once and this is not the way to live.

We need to relax and stop worring. Remember when you used to not have anxiety and our heart would beat fast after exercising, and you wouldn't get scared?  But since the first attack we have been fearing the nextand the next. And we give it to much important and that why it does what it does. Lets relax and fight it, talk to it tell it I feel you and that's fine but you don't scare me anymore. Keep practicing until that day that it knows you don't follow the game then it will leave.

Something that really helped me is changing your lifestyle a little like don't drink as much exercise a little like run.and try not to stress, nothing in this world is worth more than our health.
my husband 82 with Alzheimers was put into a VA Hosp, Baltimore two days ago, I have had anxiety for many years, but never had to take any more then 1 & 1/2 tabs at bedtime, I am 66

the pains started up yesterday, and today I thought I was going to actually die the burning pains were so bad I could not stand up straight , I took my max of 4 500mg Tylenol during the day trying to ease it, no luck, finally took one Xanax fell asleep on the couch and woke with no pain. the stress here is so thick it could be cut with a knife,
Me too.  Left side and seems to radiate down my arm.  Been going on for two years but recently morphed into a slightly more stabbing pain on occasion.   I have made the correlation of stress by 1) happens when I drive as passenger with my hisband and 2) I got pulled over and it started.  One thing that does help is regular vigorous exercise.   Asprin, tylenol and nothing else mkes it better.  I know its stress but here I am "reassuring" myself.   Have not sought help through doctors yet.
I was recently diagnosis with anxiety, I am so tired of feeling this way. I am wondering when relief is going to come because I feel like sometimes I am not going to make it. My doctor said I need to exercise more and from reading this thread I know it helps . I need all encouragement because I am not use to this feeling... I want my life back !! HELP
lipitor (and all statins) can cause muscle pain.
You have demons and need to be delivered.  The demon of fear and anxiety especially. I wasn't a believer until I had this happen and you can literally feel these things crawling out of your back up your arm, making you cough and vomit them out.  Ever since that night I believe in demons but more so I put my faith in Jesus Christ. I know, I used to laugh at people that post crazy **** and said they should be committed.  Craziest night of my life and better ever since was the night.  I swear I just googled something and they are about to release a film here in 2014 called "Deliver us from Evil" the D is right above EVIL. Jerry Bruckheimer based on true events in 2001.
I everybody I am new to this. I know what is GAD and sever panic attacks. I know what i have is this because i was diagnosed with it.  I also know i basically have all the symptoms under the sun that relate to tjis and i could freak out over the littlest thing if it relates to my health. I have been cleared medically of any ill health ekg are s ok etc..i see a shrink once a week i am on a beta blocker and two tiny water pills for my bp.i also take one atavan on a as need basis. This post site helps some what knowing people have the same as i do. I have had panic attacks for 17 years and i started only resently since i was discharged from the hospital for having a bursa sac infection started having the anxiety panic strike me the same way it did when it started back in 97. The attacks for the last 5 years have been almost nkn exsistant. Any segestions or comments on how to get my head around to commen sense and telling my self what i know what it is.  I want to be undercontrol and pain free. Thanks for taking the time to read it and listen.
You might get a better response if you start your own thread because this one has a hodge-podge of old issues and many of the people only post for a week and so aren't here anymore.
If so, just use this link.
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/new_with_new_subject?forum_id=71
Hi, I have panic attack 5-6 months ago, since then my anxiety went of the roof, my life turned upside down, getting all sorts of symptoms everyday, mental and physical torture, it's hell but after a few months I was able to control my anxiety and started getting a day or two feeling normal again then suddenly out of the blue i get a tingling pain in my lower breastbone, I didn't freak out instead I googled the symptoms and and found out it can be heartburn or heart attack, since then I'm back at square one with my anxiety, monitoring my chest every second then 1 night both my arms feels numb and I freakout and was about to go on a full blown panic attack but was able to calm it down, after that my left arm (inner bicep area) feels like nerves being stretched inside at first it doesn't hurt much but later on its mild and severe and goes away in a few minutes, it comes and goes randomly mostly when I'm unaware of it, then after a few days it got milder and almost gone but then the next day its my right arm and had the same pain with random shoulder and back pains too.

Now its been 3 weeks having this awful symptom and torturing my mind knowing I might die anytime, a week after the symptoms occur I was able to go to the doctor and got some Ecg, Xray and blood work test... all came out fine, yet I'm still not convince, they may have missed something or is this my anxiety?, the pain is real and it gets worse each day.

I'm just wondering how are you guys doing right now those who posted here with the same symptoms, I wish all you people are doing great and already free from this.

I too have anxiety. I experience hot flushes, chest pains, I find myself crying a lot, can't sleep properly and I cry myself to sleep most nights and sometimes I cuddle my pillow to help me sleep. My doctor told me I'm not having a heart attack, my family have told me too, I just can't seem to get it out of my mind some days. I have been to the orthodontist about my teeth and as it turns out I have a crossbite and will be needing braces within 6 months. I also have a jaw that locks and clicks and my orthodontist told me that's what caused my crossbite and he even said to me that I'm not having a heart attack either. He asked me if I get nervous and anxious at dentist and orthodontist and I said yes I do. I've had braces before, I know this sounds crazy, but I'll be glad to get braces back on. I'm like a bag of nerves and on edge, feels like I'm going crazy. My doctor also told me if I got my jaw fixed, it could fix my ears, so I'm staying hopeful for that, hopefully it could fix the anxiety and on top of all that I have dizziness, so it could fix everything. I'm trying to stay positive, but its really hard. I also get chest pains and don't like them at all, my arm hurts every now and then. I probably had this before and didn't even notice anything. I went to the website anxiety centre and read all the symptoms it said on there and I have it. I clench and grind my teeth without me knowing and after that happens, it hurts and I cry. I just want this anxiety to go away and want my life back.
One the hardest things in life is coming to realization that we all have to go through things.  Everyone will not go through the things the same. Some people will have severity and some very minor.  I think what tops it off is the unknowing. No one but God knows what we will face and as we watch others face things in their life, we often say "what if that happens to me" will I be able to handle it.  This is where the anxiety rears its ugly head. I think everyone experiences some sort of anxiety at one point in their life, but there are a select few  that reaches the peaks of anxiety. Not sure how long I have been experiencing it but I think after 30, the anxiety really hit me!  I try my best not to let it get to me, but sometimes I can't help but think "am I dying"... Especially when you see others "as young as you" dying of some of the same issues you totally fear.  However, I am a person who trusts God!  My parents are well in their 60s and doing well and they have taught me how to lean on him. Everyday, I work to get closer and closer to him and every day  a little of my anxiety fades.  Its a battle that we must fight daily, but I won't give up! I love my life and will continue living it to the best of my ability as long as I have God on my side!!!  Take care everyone! #wegotthis
Hi all I'm glad I found this site as I believed I was going mad
It all started for me approx 12 months ago after a heavy drinking weekend on a stag trip
It's gradually got worse and I've been taken to a and e twice but all tests show my heart is good
I've seen the doctor and specialist more over the last 12 months than I've seen my wife(
Yet I still think I'm having a heart attack
I've got most of the descriptions that belong to a heart attack
Ar/shoulder pain/ fast pulse etc

I can't seem to get it into my head that it's anxiety and it's driving me crazy
I feel the exact same way. Im only 22 and my left side chest hurts arm hurts my back and left shoulder hurts. Doctors say im fine but i need to exercise and do more things but im scared my hearts going to pop. Im scared to do anything strenuous when i walk up the stairs in my house i have to do it slowly or my heart will start racing really fast. I cant believe i have such bad anxiety at such a young age. I used to wrestle in high school and do mixed martial arts now im scared to even walk up stairs...... i just wish there was some factual explanation besides stress and anxiety causing this.
It is very comforting to see that other people feel the way I do (though I wouldn't wish these feelings on anyone else). My anxiety has come and gone for 3 years now. Flared up when my grandpa had a heart attack, then again when my sister died of preeclampsia, then again when my mom died of a heart attack. The last year I was on Lexapro and did wonderful. but I quit taking it because I wanted to see if it was gone, and if not I wanted to try to cope with it on my own and see if I can get passed it. Well....I've been off the meds for about 4 months now and the symptoms have come back: chest pain, arm pain, constant shoulder and upper back pain, nervous stomach, panic attacks, feeling like I'm going to die, constantly researching heart issues and anxiety because i'm convinced im going to have a heart attack. What scares me the most is the week before my mom's heart attack she thought she had anxiety, she described her symptoms to me and asked if that's how my anxiety felt and it was exactly the same. The morning of her heart attack she asked for a klonopin that i had because she was feeling very "anxious".... two hours later she has a heart attack and dies. Now I CANT stop obsessing about it and worrying that I'll just think I have anxiety and end up having  a heart attack too. I have been to the ER 3 times thinking that I'm dying and had EKGs that have fine, along with chest xrays. But I still don't feel peace of mind, and this anxiety is literally taking over and ruining my life....
. I am describing my problem here. Please help me in this context. Please suggest me. I wiil follow Your suggestions. Please reply for this message.
I am a having anxiety problem (based on my symptoms i concluded) from past two years. Continuously I am having chest pain and the pain is transferring back side of left shoulder to front side of chest. My left finger nerve is shaking also paining. I met five doctors who are general medicine and one neurologist, ENT and Psychiatrist. I have taken test like ECG and chest X-ray, Blood test and thyroid test. Everything showed normal. It’s taken me one year to recognize it is due to anxiety. Doctor suggested me clonazepam 0.25mg for two months, after taking that tablet I feel 80% reduction in my pain. The dosage was increased to 0.5mg and used for two months. Almost my problem disappears and at that time I stopped taking tablets. For three months everything is ok and after that the problem come again and again. Whenever I am taking clonazepam I feel ok and if I am not taking I can’t able to bear the nerve pain, chest pain and uneasy and confusion. Sometimes I am frustrated and feeling hopeless. Even exercise also not giving any relax to me.
Sometimes I am feeling something happen to my heart, I will get heart attack and so many negative thoughts. I am unable to concentrate on my studies. Even I can’t able to enjoy fully, things like parties, watching movies and chat with friends. I am always having fear of chest pain and anxiety. I am always keeping clonazepam in my pocket. That much bad situation I am facing. My friends are suggesting me to go to yoga and try for acupuncture. But I am feeling nothing will cure my problem. I am avoiding lonely traveling and going far places where there is no availability of doctor. I know all this things are nonsense. Sometimes I will feel like I am brave person and I can overcome all this things. Whenever fear comes I am becoming over anxious. This problem was severe at staring but now I started reading so many articles on this and got some confidence. But help me to fully and completely getting out of this and continue my routine life without taking clonazepam. Fully irritated and frustrated with this problem. Its completely taken away my life from the past two years. Plzzzzzzzzzzzz suggest me.
I am expecting a solution because I met all doctors all are saying it is due to your thinking and you don’t have any health problem. Always they are prescribing clonazepam. Suggest me some Ayurveda medicines which will cure my symptoms
Yes i hav. but all are saying its due tp anxiety
There are over 100 anxiety symptoms and signs for anxiety, anxiety attacks (panic attacks), and other anxiety disorders including symptoms:
• Numbness and tingling
• Dizziness
• Chest pain
• Headaches
• Neck tension
• Stomach upset, nervous stomach
• Pulsing in the ear
• Burning skin
• Fear of impending doom
• Nausea
• Shortness of breath
• Electric shock feeling
• Shooting pains in the face
• Heart palpitations
• Weakness in legs
• Feeling like you are going crazy
• Inability to rest
• Sleep problems

There are a great many more anxiety symptomsThe first part of the battle is knowing that it is just anxiety
I studied so many articles on that. but whenever the pain is physical i cant able to believe its due to anxiety.
Lots of the symptoms are psychsomatic so being anxious and depressed do cause alot of them.

Beat your mind and conquer the fear, hard but it can be done and im going through the same thing you are.
I'm 22 years  I had  the same issue which was worse irregular heartbeat skipping 2 to 3 seconds,  the burning effect and pain extending to my left jaw and arms, constant palpitations of upto  150 per min,  several diagnosis revealed am Okey of which was wasn't at all.  But now the issue  has gone completely. First and foremost you have to believe you will heal yourself.  You the only one who knows what's going on inside you and every minute you ain't sure if you will  be alive,  the following is what I did and completely healing myself.  
1.  Change life style.  Start walking 1hour  daily. Do not do strainous activities,  it will lead to internal bleeding.  
2. Cut down all fats and processed foods.  Do not eat anything that has a face or a mother. Meaning all kind of meats. Avoid fastfoods.  Eat food in there natural state.
3 Start eating fruit salad  or simply alot of fruits daily,  don't take avocado it has fats.
4. Start taking warm water after every meal, when you wake up in the morning make it a habit before breakfast.  Add some lemon to the water as you take daily.

5. MEDICATION MOST IMPORTANT.
   a) get Atorvastin 20mg Tabs and take it 1/2x1 at night for a week then stop it. It's for reducing cholesterol that is  hidden can't be determined by most doctor,  that's why you feel your heart strains and getting tired to pump.

b) get Neptune tabs 25th and take it 1 x 1 daily  for a month,  the Last week reduce the intake slowly by 1/2 x 1.
c) get Ascard-75 tablet and take it for a month  also.

The last days you can try to get away from the drugs in a smooth way by reducing the intake by half daily for 4 days then start skipping a day,  for a week.

Follow it strictly and you going to be fine as I am at the moment.   We are here to help each other. Incase of any question email me ***@****

5. MEDICATION MOST IMPORTANT.

5. MEDICATION MOST IMPORTANT.