Anxiety and head problems
Does anyone else have head issues and have been told that it is anxiety?  I am about tired of this constant head pressure/pain that I keep getting.  Its very weird.  I will wake up in the morning and feel ok, then about 1/2 hour later this pressure/pain will start on the left side of my head near the top.  It will seem to intensify and then lessen itself throughout the day with no real rhyme or reason to when it is worse or better.  If I ignore it and go about my business it seems to get slightly better but if I acknowledge it.. it seems to get worse.  Is this all from anxiety?  I am so worried that it is something so serious.  I have seen 4 different doctors and had blood work and urinalysis done and always given anxiety as diagnosis.  I am currently taking lexapro for about 3 weeks now.. seems to help a little but annoying head pressure/pain will not seem to go away.  Does anyone have any advice?
Not that anyone posted a response to this ... but if you guys are curious how I turned out .. so far so good.  I've been taking the Lexapro for about 6 weeks now and I am really starting to feel good.  My head pressure is so mild that it is almost gone.  Sometimes I don't even notice it at all so that is good news.  I am going places and I am spending time with friends and family again.  No longer am I thinking about death constantly.  I won't lie and say I don't but its not nearly as bad as it was.  I'm sure that if my head pressure I was feeling was due to a brain tumor or some serious head issue.. I wouldn't be doing better.  I'm sure I would be feeling the same or worse.  My appetite is back in full force and according to my last lab workup, all is well.  Good Luck to the rest of you struggling with anxiety.  Its good to know that there are people here to listen.
Im glad to read your doing better...our stories sound very similar.  I have also been told that its anxiety...I have serious appetite disturbances too..Im the exact same...if i go about my day then the pain is minimal but if i pay attention to it it gets a lot worse..Sometimes I feel like I will just lose my mind or become horribly ill at any moment...I feel like the pain in my head is related to a physical problem that has yet to be diagnosed...Isn't that crazy?  BTW did you have an MRI?  Well just wanted to respond to u and hope that things are still going well for you...Good luck..
No I did not go for an MRI.  The doctor I am seeing did not think I needed one.  She said that if I did not respond to the meds that we would further investigate.  Since then I can report that I'm still on the Lexapro and doing quite well.  I am feeling the best I have felt in a long time.  The head pressure is gone.. still have it every now and again but for the most part it is gone.  My anxiety symptoms have really diminished.  I hope that it stays this way.  I saw the doctor today and she did a blood work up on me last week and she said all was well.. so I am holding my head high and hoping this lasts.  Thanks for your post and good luck to you!
Hi what dose are you on? I just started and day 4 getting that pain in the right side of my temple on and off. I'm taking 5 mg. So far, I feel like myself unlike when I tried Effexor (felt out of it and didn't like it from the get go) but doesn't seem to really be doing anything except the pain in my temple and feeling tired...like someone is pulling the reins on my energy...Thank you!
I seem to have the same problem. I get a tingle or pressure outside the skull as opposed to a headache, I definetely have anxiety, I went through a strange order where I was overstimulated on viagra and had to go to the ER. They check me out and said I was OK. I then had symptoms of hypoglycimia, which I was told later by my doctor is possible from anxiety from all the adrelin that can be produced during a traumatic event. However I didnt get to see my doctor for over 2 weeks and I went nuts with anxiety,  i actually thought I was hypoglycimic and follow the diet strictly. When I finally saw the doctor they did tons of blood tests and said I wasnt hypoglcimic, Sure enough the symtoms weny away. But I still get the head pressure and I still worry about it. It gets worse if Im stressed or even excited, like if Im laughing hard. But never a serious pain but just always prevelent. I also feel slightly dizzy. Ive been listen to meditation stuff to keep me calm, and I seen a therapist.

Does this sound like your experiences? Where there any side effects for lexapro?  How was you experience with it. Is their a generic? I'll ask my doctor all the details, but I'd appreciate any input.

Hi, I do have anxiety problems. Recently, I experienced tingles, numbness on my toes, feet, hand, face. It all started with tingles on top of my head all of a sudden while on the computer one night. Then woke up with a phone call around 3am one night and noticed my left feet was numb and tingles.  This was last Wednesday. Then Friday, my ears completed got plugged up I could hardly hear only for a few minutes. Since then my ears are more plugged than the usual (I have plugged stuffy ears all the time but not extreme). I also feel nasal discharge back of my nose. The worst was about a week after this past Tuesday night, I had the worst kind of pressure at the top of my head. (I usually do get pressure at top of my head maybe due to the neck problems I have). I never used to get headaches or have these type of pressure until year after a car accident where the car backed up into my door. I was laying on the ground flat for about 4 hours with the pressure I was feeling on the top of my head. For some reason laying flat on my back on the ground was helping the pressure somewhat. I was feeling like my head was going to explode otherwise. Yesterday and last night I did not have the pressure like that, but felt more pressure around my ears and sides than the top of my head. Today I feel pressure and pain all over my head at different spots. Nothing extreme though. I noticed yesterday and right now too, on the left side my cheek feels tingly numb type. I noticed this yesterday when I was sewing buttons with my head a little bit tilted forward even though I try to be careful. I looked on the web and do find a lot about head pressure, but nothing too much about pressure on top of head? Does anyone else have similar feelings? Can this all be stress related? Opening my mouth seems to help the pressure I feel temporarily with my ears and laying down seems to help with the head pressure. I always find that helpful when my neck bothers me and I get a lot of pressure in the neck area as well. Could this all be related to just stress and muscular tension? The extreme pressure on top of head?
Please help.
Thank you. Wishing everyone a very long life as well as health and happiness.
Megan.
I forgot to add, I've had balance problems for many years now. I've had three times really bad where I had problem walking without holding on to the walls. The only thing that would help was to just look ahead. Nothing of this sort recently thought. It's been over a year since I had anything like this. The doctor tells me that my eustachian tubes don't function well, but other than that he also says I have anxiety. He doesn't say anything else, so basically this is all I've been told over the years that is over 6 years maybe. The posting I have before this is something recent though. That is within the last week. My balance problem is of type where I feel like I'am in a boat.
Thank you again. Best wishes to everyone.
Reading this page has made me feel so much better. I suffer severe anxiety and have constant pressure in my head. I convince myself that i have a tumour or something. It takes over my life
I have a panic and anxiety disorder.  I get all kings of head feelings..pressure, ear plugs, ringing, constant buzz, balance, no headaches though..but feel like in the clouds.  I've been doing very well until the last couple of weeks and it all hit again.  This time dizzy and vertigo.  My doctor says I don't need a MRI but I asked for one anyways.  Had it done today - with the panic attack.  I shook like a wet dog and twitched, sweated, palpatations, got very dizzy.  Almost fell off the table when I was done cuz I got vertigo and off balanced.  I looked like a drunk.  Told the tech I have anxiety to explain myself.  Now its going to me and 0.5mg Ativan until I get my results back.  It doesn't take much to activate the anxiety.  Its a long healing process but with time it will get better.  I think we're just looking for a medical solution cuz its hard to grasp that strictly anxiety can do all of this.
I know how everyone feels! I'm a 23 year old female who is VERY healthy. no major problems at all. i have recently had a very stressful point in my life. i am getting married in 4 weeks, and my ex boyfriend and i just went through a horrible custody battle with our son. and on top of that i had my first medical scare of my life. my last pap came back abnormal and the ob gyn did a colposcopy and a biopsy. everything came back fine but that night i seemed to have a panic attack, which i have had before. but this was weird. its been almost a week now and i've seen 3 different doctors, even went to the ER two days in a row! they all said it was anxiety. my grandmom has battled panic attacks for her whole life basically. but its impossible for me to believe that anxiety can do this to a person physically. i seriously feel as though I'm dying. and sometimes its worse than others so i take half of my .50 xanex. it seems to get better but the pressure in my head never seems to completely go away. my ekg, blood work, urine test, and xrays all came back normal but now i feel as if i need to go get an mri or something just to see if i have a tumor or  something else terminal. i know it sounds crazy but i'm freaking out and can't relax or think about anything else. i havent even been to work all week! its so NOT like me to miss work. Someone PLEASE HELP! :)
I believe this tingly/pressure in head is related to xanax! do the sensations subside while the xanax is in your bloodstream ?
After reading your post I swear you are descibing me to a tea and the only thing you didn't mention is the pressure on my head like I am wearing a helmut. I have had the balance problems, vertigo 3 bad attackes over the last several years.  I also noticed that when I get nervous about things (meeting, going out to dinner etc I feel more off balance than anything). Can you tell me what your outcome has been, anyone else out there is welcome to comment as well. I find that Clorazapam (not sure of the spelling) has helped me greatly and I only take it when I need it.
I have that exact feeling on the right top side of my head. it feels numb or like there's alot of pressure. but if i don't think about it, it goes away. but i've obsessed over it for days now and it's not going away. i have no other symptoms of anything wrong. just the head numbness
i have anxiety as well and i wonder if i will ever get bettter its been a month already and im scared to even go out
This is so funny and strange that we all are experiencing the same things.  This has truly interrupted my life, but I have hope!  I actually am self employed but havent truly worked in a few weeks thank
God for my husband.
I am a 27 year old female and had anxiety problems years ago but went away with prayer, and taking control and refocusing my thoughts...
I also must add that my 2 of my sisters and my cousin has suffered with the exact same things at some point or another in their lives  which kind of eases my mind.
But what brought about a new fear was when I suddenly became ill after about a week after having a massive panic attack from having too much caffeine (mixture of Green Tea fat burners, cold medicine (because I caught a bit of the flu from my son and Midol (for cramps)).   I know awful combination of OTC meds I was so busy and guess trying to kill myself without knowing it lol! But seriously, the panic attack I had was ABSOLUTELY terrifying I had my son in the car with me traffic was congested and was on my way to meet a client at the office and had the flip out of my life which I had not experienced in years.  They called the ambulance and I realized that I had a full blown panic attack. I was released and actually it was kind of funny after the fact.
*Its also important to note that I was under a lot of stress working so much and marital stress when all of this came upon me.  & I am not the stress out type of person but some stresses we do internalize without realizing it until later.
Ive seen serveral docs and specialists my primary doc was not very helpful just wanted to put me on antidepressants.  Ive been on anti-inflammatory med (Mobic) by my neurologists who ordered my MRI I even saw my obgyn which did discover that I had a sort of large ovarian cyst which she told me not to worry and put me on birth control pills.  I have been to the ER about 3 times, had several ultrasounds, chest xrays 3 ekgs blood work and all has been normal.
Now below I will list my symptoms that Ive had for about the past 2 months now on and off and at one point and time or another during this duration:
in between my big toe of my left foot is numb when I wake up some mornings
eyefloaters--seeing black spider looking things that appear and vanish
burning and tingling in my legs-temporary
chills-which was only temporary
shaky hands
left leg twitching and my right leg as well
twitching when I sleep or at a resting state
loose bowels
frequent urination (not too bad it just seems that I go more than I use to)
insomnia (interrupted sleep) and inability to stay sleep all night without waking
head ache and pressure mainly on my right side or in the back of my head and forehead which has terrified me making me think I have a brain tumor and or aneurysm or something else seriously wrong with me which finally caused me to see a neurologist and he ordered me to get a MRI and xrays.  I finally did get a MRI yesterday which I had an anxiety attack when they put me on the machine (but dont panic nothing to be afraid of) which I am freaking out about now waiting on the results but am trying to relax and not think about it.  Its great to have a support system when going through this I have a wonderful patient husband and family because I've really been freaking out because of all these sudden onset on symptoms, Ive had anxiety with some similar symptoms in the past but not as bad as what I have experienced in the past few months.
Also I must mention that I have sinus and allergy problems and am seeing an ENT doc and she has me on Allerx which seems to help. Like I said I notice that we all have similarities in symptoms and I know Ive said a lot, but let's all follow up with our doc and try and stay positive and not think the absolute worst I have a strange feeling that we all are experiencing physical systoms of ANXIETY but I will keep you posted on my results lets just pray that all is well!
hey there i have some of the symptoms you have been having. please let me know how your MRI went? i have already had a CT scan ages ago which showed nothing BUT then i read and heard in several places that a normal non-contrast ct scan sometimes misses aneurysms.
please let me know your results.
thanks and God bless you!
Hello, My name is jason and i recently turned 30. I never had a panic attack until a couple of weeks ago. I was just sitting at my computer thinking about being 30 and how people usually get health problems at that age and higher....then all of a sudden i was freaking out...i couldnt breathe and my heart was going crazy. not to mention i almost passed out....The following days after were rough, everytime i thought about the attack i could feel my lungs tighten and it was hard to catch my breath....well now the breathing thing is gone and in jumps head pressure....Im fine when im laying down or sitting still...but 30minutes after im up and begain doing things around house it hits me....Whats up with that...All i have to do is think about it and its right thier....weird how the brain works.....
702
you will be fine its just axiaty no illness just relax it will go away .when you dont relax you dont let your blood circulate witch is where the numbness comes in. calm down tell your self im normal just like every one eles ignore your breathing dont pay attention to your breathing cause then your axiaty keeps going breath free get comterble what ever it is thats bothering you ingnor and see how you axiaty goes away breath in a paper bag buy some chamamile tea its calming or take a zen the numbness and pain and what ever will leave when you relax be happy think positive be around people that make you feel happy belive me i know about axiaty
I have suffered from anxiety for almost 3 years now. I also get what is like pains in either side of my head that will just come and then go real quickly..they freak me out I'm always thinking that I have a brain tumor or anerysm...last night I had the really bad and through myself into an attack thinking that I was dying. I have a friend who also suffers from anxiety and I called her and she reminded me that anxiety will cause the pains in the head because she gets them also..after talking to her for almost an hour on the phone they began to go away..I haven't been on my cymbalta for almost a year because I just had a babyboy a week ago and I wouldn't take the meds while pregnant so I kinda had to suffer through them. But I had the doc put me back on it..I haven't started it yet but I think I'm gonna start today. I feel for everyone that suffers from this "disease" because sometimes it feels like it controls your life...
hi
it nice to hear that there others getting the same symptoms as me,im a 42 year old male it all started 7months ago i stood up and went completly dizzy to the point where everything was blurred and couldnt focus at the same time i got real bad heart palpitations and the blood drained from me and i was shaking,after a while it passed but since then ive been left with the strangest symptoms which seem to change a lot i would get pressure in my neck and head and feel like something was crawling around in my brain,i also get really bad dizzyness to the point where i think im going to pass out but never do i also get heart palpitations and tingly crawly feelings in my arms and legs.i have been to my doctors about 6 times with this now and im so frustrated when im told that all it is,is anxiety,ive had blood tests blood pressure ekgs,and 24hour ekg's but i still get told theres nothing wrong because i feel that something bad is wrong with me..the most worrying thing for me is the head dizzyness that can last for hours,i dont feel like im in control,it leaves me with really tired itchy eyes for some reason and very down...can anyone give me some advice
Hi all. I too am glad I found this forum. Maybe I can find some calming words of wisdom here. I am a 30 year old female and I have been experiencing all kinds of symptoms for about 8 months. It started with these weird headaches. It was more of an intense pressure sensation, like someone was squeezing my temples and I couldn't see straight. They lasted 15-20 minutes and then completely went away. These sound much like the pressure sensation that others have been describing.

One night, I freaked out that I was having heart palpitations and I went to the ER. Diagnosis was "near syncope" and "dehydration". They took blood, gave me a cortisone shot and IV fluids, and discharged me.

The headaches continued and got worse. Eventually they were constant and the intense pressure was paired with a dull, aching, pain that spread from my neck all the way through my scalp and to my forehead. I saw an ENT doctor to check my sinuses and he said the sinuses were clear and I was having tension headaches. The headaches continued. I went to a neurologist and he said that I had occipital neuralgia. He recommended that I get a brain MRI and have my eyes checked just to be sure. Both the eye exam and MRI came out normal. Strangely, after seeing him and having the tests, the headaches seemed to get better. I still got them ocassionally, but they didn't really bother me and I seemed to be doing a lot better. This "remission" lasted about 3 months.

Then, about a month ago, I started getting the headaches again. This time the pain and pressure was worse. I also noticed I was getting short of breath and felt like there was a lump in my throat and that my respiratory system was paralyzed. I went to see another neurologist and he said the headaches were migraines. He prescribed a migraine medicine. I took it a few times and it never helped. About a week after seeing him, the headaches went away again!

As soon as the headaches went away, I began to have leg pain in my left calf and thigh mostly. Sometimes the pain is in the right leg too, but much more noticeable in the left leg. It is spontaneous and doesn't matter if I'm laying down or standing. .At the same time my leg pain started, I began to feel short of breath again. I will start to feel like it is very hard to breath and there is a lump in my throat. I also have tightness in my jaw muscles and feel like my tongue is paralyzed as well. Now, my chest and back hurt with an intermittent, stabbing pain. I am so worried I have deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary emboli. I keep checking the symptoms and forums over and over. I almost went to the ER tonight because I started to have trouble breathing and felt like I was wheezing and the back pain started right at the level of my lungs. The acute attack has gone away but I'm still having chest pain and back pain. I'm freaking out that I have blood clots in my lungs!

I don't know what to do anymore because these episodes are taking over my life. My husband doesn't understand at all and it is certainly affecting our relationship. I am trying to get in to see a counselor in the next few weeks so I can have somebody to talk to. I feel so alone and scared. I really don't want to go to the ER or to the doctor every week. But I'm scared that something is happening to me. Why do I have such random pains and why do I have all the symptoms that go along with something bad? I keep telling myself that it's because it may truly be something bad and that I shouldn't ignore it.

What makes matters worse is that I have a medical background. I don't know if I should be taking myself seriously anymore and what to do about it.........
Hello I'm 26 and suffering health anxiety I get tingly sensations across my head and stabbing pains in different places they only last 4 a second but really worry me. Last nite I came across a website that has given me alot of hope that things will get better the website is www.thelindenmethod.co.uk hope this helps
I have the head pressure to in the sides on the top even in my face, its all anxiety symptoms , I am 26 years old and have learned over the years that anxiety can take your life away until you fight to get it back, it will make u feel like ur dying it will make u feel the worse I for years struggled like I was the only one out there with this problem but I'm not. I used to get so scared I would judt prepare myself for death but with the lord by myside and a good doctor u can be happy! I'm on 3 halves of .5 xanax a day and a antidepressant I jsut started but after reading this is have faith its going to work!
im 39 started having anxiety at 21 then had agraphobia for 4 years that passed but ive always has anxiety, i could control this up until last week, i was ill with the flu was sooooo dizzy so now i think im goin to pass out. My symptoms are cloudy vision, dizzyness, shakes very bad, sweaty everything, and just panic panic panic. My head at the base of my neck upwards is always heavy and it feels like its being stretched, i can tell you ive been to so many doctors and ITS ANXIETY i know this because when i was 21 this happened to me before, i suppose we have all just got to carry on go out and do what we have to do, we can only change ourselves nobody else. Ive been to my gp and im now on a COGNATHEAPY course over the phone hope this helps, just done sit there and think about it cus it will get worse, think to yourself you will not die you are ok
Happy to hear that the weird/tight sensations in my head is just anxiety.
All of you know that anxiety is terrifying and sometimes you just feel like your going to die. As Kazza367 said you are not going to die. You are safe. Think positively and dont let anxiety control your like remember you are in CONTROL. best wishes
Hi there.   I have read over these forums for a few weeks now.  I am thankful for those of you that take time to write down some of the things that are happening to you.  I believe....no, I KNOW i have a problem with anxiety.  Sort of hard to admit at first but i am past that.  I will try to keep this as short as possible but I would like to share my story in hopes that it will help me and others.

I am a 39 year old police officer.  I have been totally consumed with stress, anxiety, doom and gloom for about 3 years now.  I cannot tie the anxiety to just one event but in a nutshell work has been very stressful.  In 2003 I was involved an a officer involved shooting resulting in my shooting and killing an armed suspect.  My father died in my basement (he was 56), 4 other family members died within 3 weeks of that, i sold and purchased a new home and changed job assignments.  Needless to say there was a stress in my life.  But like I said earlier I cannot tie the "anxiety" to just one thing.  Here is what happened.

One november (about a year after all of the above happened) I was driving around in my patrol car and I started to get what I believe now were "head zaps".  For the life of me couldnot describe them to my Dr.  I tried but was unsuccessful.  I thought maybe it was low pressure moving into the area, too much caffeein or energy drinks, altitude changes, etc,etc,etc.   I was totally freaked out thinking the absolute worst like all of us do.  I got an mri/cat scan and it was totally fine.  december rolled around and then january and then one day the "head zaps" ended.

Then the following november I was traveling to washington DC on vacation and the magazine (bullets) to my authorized service weapon was accidentally left in my carry on luggage.  AIRPORT FREAKED OUT!!  I was detained, handcuffed, and i was soooo stressed i actually threw up in the airport.  I thought I was going to prison and going to loose my job....   Long story short it wasn't that big of deal, they say that happens to cops and soldiers all the time but the TSA security officer made a big deal out of it and threw me into a tail spin.  Within about 3 -4 days i started getting muscle twitches all over my body.  Arms, legs, stomach, internal organs, butt, face , eyes, everywhere.  Now I think i got parkinsons, ALS or whatever.   I came home, tried to explain to the doctor the stress I went through but was unsuccessful.  He was too busy with his "practice" to just listen to what I had to say.  His prognosis was anxiety medication and call me in the morning.  Well I took 1 or 2 pills of wellbutrin and didn't like the side effects (i think the side effects was actually just the stress),  Anyway I didn't take any medication and dec passed then jan passed and they all just went away.  

A year goes by, no problems then I started a 3 month study program to promote within the police department.  It was/is a very stressful process and not one someone with a stress or anxiety problem should even think of attempting.  Anyway, about 4 weeks in to the 3 month process i started to get a twitch above right eyelid.  It lasted about 4 weeks and then the head zaps came back....followed by short, painful, persistent bolts of pain in temple right in front of left ear.

And that is where I am now.  Logically i can tie all three episodes to some stressful event in my life.  Logically i can say "hey I have had this before and i did not die" even though the pain and zaps are a little different each time but normally in the same place.  But this damn disease doesn't let us think logically.  I , again am a borderline basket case.  Thinking this is a tumor, cancer, blood clot, etc.  

I know this was long but had to share my story.  I started taking .5 mg of cellexa about 4 days ago.  Nothing as of yet as far as relieve and still getting the short zaps of head pain.  And I should say it isn't a normal headache.  Feels like a zap of pain from scalp area.

If any of this is familiar to anyone please reply and lets chat, share stories and hopefully put each other to rest.  As soon as "we" stop stressing about these problems they can run their course and go away.  But not stressing about them is like saying "stop breathing".

Thx,
Jason
i had anxiety.. very baad..head sensations unreal feelings like NO ME.. terrible... WHITE MAGIC is the answer:) they have some biological power BELIEVE ME OR NOT.. after 5-6 ours i stand from bad and all feelings just go away like old me:S some confidence some force in me PEACEFULL feeling...... maby she act psihological to me i dont realy know .. she is 80 years old woman from vilage from MACEDONIA.. i have another trouble now im extremly HAPPY:) and no im not BIPOLAR:) SUCH A FREEDOM uxxxxxx   PEACE TO ALL OF U .. ACT DONT THINK THAT IS THE CURE  !!
Hey, i only 17 and have been dealing with anxiety ever since 15. Honestly i have no idea why i have it .All i know was i was enjoying life then B00M i started to feel dizzy, pressure in my head, stiff neck, and kind of confused like not able to process thoughts very well (in a fog)  I was convinced i had a tumor! or a aneurysm! instantly thought i was going to die lol. However tests proved i was "medically" fine.. and told it was anxiety. cope with it by listening to my Ipod and such. The last thing you want to do is sit around and think. Thinking about your problems only makes it x10 worse. gotta run:)
I have to agree. The thoughts that consume our heads and spin like clothes in a dryers are devastating. Constantly feeling on edge, is just one of worst feelings in the world. You feel so helpless. And broke down.

I am up now at 3:50AM for no good reason. Anxiety, what else is new?  
I wish there was a quick and easy solution to this; medication/ Anxiolytics can only do so much. It wears off and then what.
I dont know if this is related but i do have the pressure on my head, i call it headaches but they r different than normal headaches...im so paranoid of it that im scared that if i eat certain things, or do certain things i will get them. So little by little i stop doing stuff because i get the pressure on my head. Now i cant drink coffee, work out, take medicine, run and more things because i get the "headaches". I noticed that i keep getting them because i keep thinking about them but i cant stop because im so scared of them so i stop doing stuff that i like to not get them. Doctor gave me citalopram...but it gave me a headache so i stop taking them...IF ANY OF YOU ARE GOING THRU ANYTHING LIKE THIS please email me ***@****
I have been diagnosed with GAD and obsessive thoughts. I take klonopin (which does help about 70% of symptoms) as needed, but try not to take them if I can cuz I don't want to get addicted.

yesterday (I had not taken klonopin couple of days) I had sudden attack of numbness on my forehead and my head felt very heavy like my it was too large or heavy for my neck to support. basically I felt like my head was not functioning. It came out of nowhere so I thought my brain was paralyzed and I was going to die.  My fingers/hands and feet went freezing cold, my heart was pounding and I thought I wasn't breathing properly because "brain had been frozen".

I took klonopin .50mg and it did help relax me not to freak out and I slept for several hours.  I woke up, but numbness on my forehead (frontal lobe) is still there although not as "frozen" or severe. I can move my forehead and stuff and I can feel different temperatures on my forehead, but still feels odd like little numbness/tingling.  My brain also feels weird like heavy and groggy, but I usually get that when I take klonopin anyways.  I wonder if tylenol would help with these type of aches? better not take it though.  I'm trying not to take too much of anything just in case.

by the way, I also had all my "medical" check up cleared and ok. brain/spine mri, eeg, ekg, heart monitor, all kinds of bloodtest...,,

I started seeing a therapist and maybe get on a new medication regimen that will stay in my blood stream consistently at least for now in the short run.  

This is torture. Anxiety is a terrible debilitating thing to have. Sometimes I don't even know why I feel so bad one minute without any warning.  It's so frustrating because doctors only want to treat their specialty and dont' consider you the patient as a whole. I kind of had to figure out myself I had severe Anxiety and went to therapist to get the diagnosis.  Needless to say life has not been the same.

BUT I am determined to get better.  I tell myself "this numbness on my forehead will go away eventually even though slowlyl"  Don't freak out.

I will be ok. I AM OK. (at least medically speaking)

Good luck everyone.  We will get through this.  
I to am the same exact way as everyone else has posted here. About a year ago I started getting constant head pressure. Migraines run in my family, so I thought that was all it was and just took my excedrin as needed because I would have frequent headahes with this pressure to. After about a month or two, the pressure/tightness got worse. I started having shortness of breath, my heart would pound uncontrolably, I litteraly thought I was going to die. I thought I had a brain tumor. When I couldn't take it any more, I went to our local clinic and that doctor ordered a ct scan, it came back normal, but they did find inflammation on my left ear drum and sent me to an ENT, the ENT did not find anything wrong with my ears. So he sent me to an ENT specialist, he did not find anything either. He said it was more that likely my skeletal muscles in my skull, he prescribed me some muscle relaxers and should me how to do and exercise that would supposably release the pressure. After all the meds were gone, I was still no better, I had actually gotten worse. I went to a neurologist and that doc done an MRI, I sat in that hospital for twenty hours waiting on him to come in and tell me something about it. Well, he came in for about a total of 3 minutes and said I had migraines, he then prescribed me amitrypteline, and said take one of theseevery night before you go to bed and go on with your life. Then he wanted me to come see him in 4 weeks for a follow up. I tried and tried to get an appointment sat up to see him, but no one ever returned my calls and no one ever answered. So, the prescription he had given me was a 6 month supply, after about 3 weeks I started feeling a little better, but the head pressure/tightness NEVER went away. But I didn't have anymore attacks. Finally my meds ran out and I made an appointment with another neurologist, he prescribed me topamax, after only 1 week of taking this med, the side effects made me plum crazy. I left countless messages for someone to call me because my medicine was really scaring me, just like the other doc, I never heard from them again either. Now I am seeing a new nuerologist, who i great. He answers the phone HIS SELF when ever I call the office. He figured that sense I have been on migraine meds, he would keep me on some, but try a different kind. Well, these meds aren't working either. I decided to go get my eyes checked, I found out I have an astigmatism. I thought well, thats whats wrong with me. Now, I don't think it is. I talked with my neurologists today, he wants to do a scan of my neck, shoulders and spine because here recently I feel massive cramps in my neck and shoulders. My neck is so stiff I have to turn my whole body to turn and look at something. After reading anxiety/panic attacks, all of the symptoms are the exact same thing I am having right now. I am almost 100% sure that this is what is wrong with me because I am a 26 year old stay at home mom of 2 and I hardly ever get out off the house, and that cause ALOT of stress. Plus I am always worrying about something. My next appointment with my neurologist, I believe he may go ahead and try me on something for anxiety. Everyone please pray for me, I will pray for you. Thanks in advance. If anyone wants to email me my email is ***@****
Brandy
My heart is heavy for each and every one of you.  I share many of the symptoms described by some of you.  This is my story: Last fall I woke up with heart palpitations.  I went to see my dr. that morning, had  an EKG, and was referred to a cardiologist.  The very next day, I felt tightness in my chest.  I was convinced I was having a heart attack.  My husband rushed me to UCLA medical.  I was there for 2 days n 1 night.  Bloodwork, x-rays, and multiple EKG's all came back negative.  PRaise God!  I was told that I may be suffering from a condition known as POTS.  Basically what that is your body responding negatively to change in body posture.  That was scary. As days went by and I read more about this condition I was convinced that that was not it.  Due to these physical sypmtoms, I began to worry and kept asking myself, what is this?  As days went by new symptoms started rising:  numbness on my left side (face, arm, leg, feet, and hand), dizziness, insomnia, constipation, and so on.  One Saturday morning as I bathed my 2 yearl old and listened to a live radio show on hollistic nutrition, I saw the light. He spoke to a caller about having a toxic liver being related to anxiety.  That is all I had to hear so  I called, made an appointment, got assessed, and got on a detox plan.  I feel so much better in so many ways:  I'm able to sleep, I'm not always worried, and I'm not as constipated.  The tightness in my head and the heaviness on my left side are still present.  But God has been very good to me in so many ways including the relief of some of these anxiety symptoms.    
I JUST STARTED HAVIN ANXIETY SYMPTHING LAST YEAR WHEN I TURNED 27 AND IT SCARED ME TO DEATH I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL LIKE EVERYDAY GOT ALL TYPES OF TEST AND EVERYTHING WAS ALWAYS NORMAL BUT I NEVER FELT NORMAL, I WAKE UP TO IT GO TO SLEEP TO IT, WHEN I DRIVE IT REALLY EFFECTS ME I HAVE THESE WEIRD FEELINGS IN MY HEAD ALL DAY AS IF IM GOING TO PASS OUT OR DIE OR JUST LOSE IT & MY HEART IS CONSTANTLY RACING EVERY STEP I MAKE, MY DOCTOR HAS PERSCRIBED ME WITH MEDICINE BUT I GOT A FEAR OF MEDICATION SO I NEVER TAKE THEM THE SIDE EFFECTS SCARED ME & I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO IM SUPPOSED TO BE TAKING LEXAPRO, CLONZAZEPAM & PROPRANOLOL BUT I READ THE SIDE EFFECTS OF EACH AND THEY SCARED ME SO I REFUSED & IM JUST AT THE POINT OF NO RETURN ITS RUINING MY LIFE I DONT DO ANYTHING LIKE I USED TO NOMORE, IM SCARED TO DO EVERYTHING CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME ADVISE PLEASE!!!
FLiiTaH,

I can relate to all you have to say. If you wont try any of your Med's how about speaking to someone about your anxiety. Talk therapy combined with Cognitive therapy can do wonders for you. ALso just a suggestion, how about trying one med at a time. When I had my 1st bout of panic attacks at 19 I too was afraid to take a thing. My mother convinced me to take the benzo ( CLONZAZEPAM) and I have to say I felt almost immediate relief at that time. It gave me the courage to say ok. now I will try the antidespressant. What is the worst that can happen? If you feel weird on it you stop. You already feel "weird" and scared by your panic attacks. It cannot hurt to try.

Best wishes to you!

~Chrissy
ITs A LITTLE RELIEF TO ACTUALLY TALK TO SOMEONE WHO IS GOING THRU WHAT IM GOING THRU, BECAUSE WHEN I TRY TO EXPLAIN TO MY FRIENDS THEY JUST DONT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND HOW PAINFUL AND SERIOUS THIS FEELING IS ONLY PERSON WHO UNDERSTANDS IS MY BOYFRIEND BECAUSE HE HAS LYME DISEASE WHICH ALSO CAUSES ANXIETY BUT HE ACTUALLY TOOK HIS MEDS FOR HIS LYME SO HE HAS MORE CONTROL OVER HIS LIFE.... I MEAN I CRY ALMOST EVERYDAY PRAYING TO GOD TO GET ME THRU THIS. I WAS A VERY OUTGOING PERSON ALWAYS OUT ENJOYING LIFE AND NOW I JUST TRAPPED MYSELF AT HOME AND WHEN I DO GO OUT I TRY TO GO LOCAL NOT TO FAR FROM HOME BECAUSE WHEN I DRY THE ANXIETY SEEMS TO BOTHER ME THE MOST, I STILL DONT UNDERSTAND HOW I WAS FINE 26 YEARS OF MY LIFE THEN AT 27 ITS LIKE MY LIFE CAME CRASHING DOWN. MY FATHER DIED AT 27 OF A HEART ATTACK & 27 WAS A VERY SCARY AGE FOR ME BECAUSE I THOUGHT THE SAMETHING WOULD HAPPEN TO ME BUT INSTEAD I NOW SUFFER FROM G.A.D WHICH IS REALLY DRIVING ME CRAZY, IT RUINED MY SEX LIFE MY FUN LIFE MY WORK LIFE EVERYTHING, BUT I FINALLY MADE AN APPOINTMENT WITH A PHYSCHIATRIST WHICH IS APRIL 28th SO HOPEFULLY THAT WILL HELP & I SEE MY DOCTOR TOMORROW AND HES GOING TO ASK ME IF I BEEN TAKIN MY MEDS AND I HAVEN'T... THE THING THAT SCARES ME ABOUT THE MEDS IS THE SIDE EFFECTS LIKE  ( CLONZAZEPAM) SAYS IT COULD MAKE U HAVE SEIZURES (I NEVER HAD A SEIZURE IN MY LIFE) SO IM SCARED TO TAKE SOMETHING THAT COULD POSSIBLY MAKE ME HAVE ONE & PROPRANOLOL "BETA BLOCKER" TO SLOW MY HEARTRATE DOWN BECAUSE EVEN IF I JUST GET UP TO GO TO THE BATHROOM.... I TRIED CYMBALTA BUT THAT MADE ME FEEL HORRIBLE AND AFTER THAT I GAVE UP ON MEDS THE ONLY MEDICINE I FEEL COMFORTABLE TAKING IS MY BLOOD PRESSURE MEDICINE "LISINOPRIL" CAUSE I BEEN TAKING THAT BEFORE THE ANXIETY CAME ABOUT & BEFORE THE ANXIETY I WAS NEVER SCARED TO TAKE MEDICINE NOW ITS LIKE MY BIGGEST FEAR.... I JUST WISH THIS ANXIETY WOULD GO AWAY SO I COULD GET MY LIFE BACK!
Im glad you took some comfort in knowing you are not alone from my reply. Nobody can really understand anxiety & panic unless you actually have had an attack. It can be the most terrifying experience when you do not know what it is. I am so very happy to hear you have an appt with a Phsychiarist.. As for the Meds, I dont know what Propanol is or why it would be used for anxiety but that does not sound like a typical anti anxiety medicine. You dont need to take that if you take the Chlonzapam. The seizure risk is if you take the medicine daily you cannot just suddenly stop, you do need to ween yourself off it. I was on this medicine for over 10 yrs and had no issues on it or coming off.
As for antidepressants, it can take a while to find one that works for you. I had a few attempts on different meds until I found oen that worked for me. In the meantime, just take things minute by minute, breath long breathes and remember to tell yourself its anxiety, it  will go away and you are not alone.
I hope all goes well. You keep us posted.

Be well

~Chrissy
PROPRANOLOL IS TO DECREASE MY HEART RATE BECAUSE MY HEART IS CONSTANTLY POUNDING REGARLDESS IF I WALK TO THE BATHROOM OR WALK UP OR DOWN STAIRS OR THE MINUTE I START DRIVIN N E THING I DO IT STARTS RACING & ITS GOOD FOR PANIC ATTACKS TO AS IT SAID WHEN I GOOGLE'd IT... SO Chlonzapam ISNT A ANTI DEPRESSANT? AND ARE U CURED OR U STILLL ON MEDS... MY DOCTOR GAVE ME Chlonzapam & LEXAPRO AND TOLD ME IF EVERYTHING TURNS OUT GOOOD THEN I COULD STOP THE Chlonzapam AND JUST CONTINUE WITH THE LEXAPRO... MY Chlonzapam IS ONLY 0.5mg, I MEAN I REALLY WANT TO TAKE MY MEDS IDK WHY IM SO SCARED THOUGH I NEVER BEEN SCARED TO TAKE MEDS NOW I FEEL LIKE IM SCARED OF EVERYTHING. MY BOYFRIEND WANTS ME TO COME WITH HIM TO 6FLAGS FOR HIS BIRTHDAY & IM LIKE NO BECAUSE I ALWAYS LOVED ROLLAR COASTERS AND CRAZY RIDES BUT NOW I KNOW FOR A FACT IF I GO AND TRY TO GET ON A ROLLAR COASTER I MIGHT LOSE MY MIND N HAVE A PANIC ATTACK ON THE RIDE AND MY HEART WILL BE RACING OUT MY CHEST, I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND WHY DID IT HAVE TO COME INTO MY LIFE NOW IM ONLY 28 AND I FEEEL LIKE IM 80 I WAS FINE 26 YEARS OF MY LIFE & AT 27 THIS JUST CAME OUT OF NOWHERE.... THEN I ALSO WORRRY BOUT TAKIN Chlonzapam & LEXAPRO I MEAN I KNOW THE DOCTOR WOULDNT GIVE ME NOTHING THATS GONNA HARM ME BUT I ALSO HAVEA FEAR OF MIXIN MEDS UGH GOD GIVE ME STRENGTH!!!!
Well Chlonapin is a benzo which is a mild sedative which in itself should help with the racing heart. I was on that drug for 10 yrs and off all meds for about 8 yrs. Just last summer I experienced panic attacks very frequently and it had been so long I obtained Xanax .5mg to take as needed. Its in the same family as Clonapin.  I too felt like you once and it will get better. The begining stages and acceptance, understanding & treatment take some time. But you can live a full life. I work, travel, fly, anxiety does not ruin my life nor does it run it. I hope some day you can too. Have faith, strength and an open mind. Can you get to a library? I find listening to guided relaxation CD's relaxing. I know my library has a wide variety of these. perhaps you can try some out. Stay away from caffeine alcohol cigarettes as these are stimulants that can add to anxiety.
Just a few more days and your appt will be here...hang in there!
I hope these tips help you some. Feel free to email me direct to my mailbox on here for anything you wish.

Be Well :)

~Chrissy
Oh I also know what you are going thru, but I still havent given up on tests to find out if something is wrong. Sometimes I think i am ridiculous, but then I think I have to  have something is wrong. I haven't been tested for Lyme disease and have feared that one.I pray to GOD, hoping all this will go away. What do the doctors say about the heart racing? I have been to the ER so many times and I know all this constant heart racing isn't good.
thanx for the words of comfort i would like to keep in contact with you, you said contact your email but you didnt give it to me.... Im goin to start taking my meds tomorrow Chlonapin & Lexapro and hopefully that will be the answers to my problems and i can live a normal life again.. I have a question for or anyone with this problem is it normal to feel bad head pains like feeling like your going to die & the feels are off and on, like i can be just layin down fine and then i start gettin racing pulse and my head starts to feel mad weird and i dont feel right and i get very scared this feeling reallly hurts and takes alot out of me.....
Hi Flitah

Im glad you are seeking some comfort in the posts. And yes the head pains/aches are normal signs of anxiety. I used to get these feelings like my temples were being squeeze like my head was going to explode. Racing heart & pulse are the same....when we are anxious or feelign panic the adrenaline rushes therefore your heart will race and pulse goes up. Its not dangerous its just your reaction to the feelinsg of fear.
Good luck on the meds, be open minded to them and give it time. Meds can take up to 4 weeks to feel full benefit. Keep me posted!

I ALWAYS LOOK FOWARD TO COMMING ON HERE AND SEEING YOUR POST :)

IS IT BETTER TO TAKE THE PILLS AT NITE OR DURING THE DAY?

DO YOU KNOW WHY ANXIETY MAKES U FEEL THIS WAY, I REALLY FEEL OUT OF IT BODY HURTS I DONT WANT TO GET OUT OF BED MY EYES FEEL HEAVY UGH I JUST FEEL SOOO MUCH TENSION!!
i was wondering if its best to take ya meds during the day or nite...
Hi Flitah

Sorry. I havent been on in a day or 2. Been very busy at work & a little under the weather (sinus/ear infections)
How did the Dr prescribe your medicine? It should say how he/she wants you to take it on the bottle. Since I am not an MD I cant say when or how to take them, if you dont find that info on the bottle call the pharmacist that filled them. they would be the best to answer the dosing question.
What did your Dr say on your last visit? You emails seem a bit more calm. Are you feeling a little better from when you `1st started communicating?

IT JUST SAYS ONCE A DAY DOESNT SAY WHAT TIME OF DAY & YEA I FEEL A LIL BETTER AND TODAY I HAD MY FIRST INTAKE WITH THE THERAPIST WHICH MADE ME FEEL A LIL BETTER SHE SAID THEY WILL BE CALLIN ME IN ABOUT 2 TO 3 WEEKS TO ASSIGN ME TO A THERAPIST.... SO IM TRYING :)
Which pill says once a day? You listed 3
Chlonzapam: 2 times a day (for first week) then as needed!
Lexapro: 1 time a day
Have you tried taking them yet?
no i haven't im still trying to build up the courage to take them idk why im in so much fear to take them :(
Why dont you try taking the klonopin...I would suggest take the 1st pill at night as it will prob make you drowsy. If you dont like the way you feel on either then you stop. Any reaction to a med cant be any more worst than the feeling of an anxiety/panic attack. Ive tried many in my life and am finally on a good mixture.

OK I WILL TRY THAT I JUST BE THINKING IM GOING TO DIE OR SOMETHING, ALL THIS FEAR JUST DRIVES ME CRAZY BECAUSE I NEVER BEEN SCARED OF NOTHING :(
Hi all I have had anxiety for 20 years and been on the benzos xanx for 17 years,then the last couple yearts between ativan and klonoopin..back on xanax and prozac and adderall now....i get pain on just the  right side of my head face shoulder arm behind right breast,i look back and i have had this before like in the 90s...have no clue what it is...im full of fear.and since being on the prozac my head itches..like im allergic..my legs tingle now and for the past year i walk funny but its got worse i had a mri last fall and it was normal.over the years i have had tons of tests..i am a hyperchrondriac and have to ask my counsleer  for help woth that ..i was tols in 2007 i had somazation disorder which is hypeerchrodriac..i just foubnd that out..im very scared this morning as its been 2 months on the prozac an xanax and im no better..and i cant tell the adderall helps,,,,good luck and prayers to all
do any of you guys get a dripping sensation or a ozzing feeling in your head like your brain is bleeding? im going through this and my neurologist says its just anxiety but it comes when im not anxious. of course im anxious once i feel it but the feeling comes first. so please respond
I am in the exact boat as the person who posted this question. for months I have been sitting here reading the side effects of the meds the doctors gave me
I started my lexapro yesterday due to the fact I am fed up with my life spiriling out of control.. I will keep updated with how I am going, but for now my head feels under presure, my eyes feel like they are spasming out. I hope everything gets better... Best of luck to you all.. we will beat this!!
I GET THOSE FEELINGS MY HEAD IS THE PART OF MY BODY THAT BOTHERS ME THE MOST WITH THIS ANXIETY MESS, MY NERO AND ALL MY OTHER DOCTORS SAID ITS ALL ANXIETY, ANXIETY CAN PLAY MANY MANY MANY TRICKS ON YOU AND DUPLICATE SERIOUS HEALTH PROBLEMS SUCH AS HEART ATTACKS & BRAIN TUMORS ALL THE BUT JUST KNOW THAT ITS NONE OF THOSE THINGS ITS JUST ANXIETY, I'VE STARTED ON LEXAPRO YESTERAY 10mg BUT MY THERAPIST TOLD ME TO TAKE HALF THE PILL WHICH IS 0.5mg  FOR BOUT A WEEK OR 2 SINCE IM SO SCARED OF SIDE EFFECTS AND OF TAKIN MEDICATION & THEN WHEN IT GETS IN MY SYSTEM THEN START TAKIN THE WHOLE PILL.... SO I PRAY THIS IS MY CURE FOR THIS ANXIETY SO I CAN GET MY LIFE BACK :(
Yes!!! I am 22yr old male who has recently been feeling the same head pressure as well.  I am also feeling numbness in my right leg hand and face.  Started taking zoloft 4 days ago and was ready to stop taking it and go to the ER for a brain scan.  Seeing these posts tells me I'm not alone and that I should keep taking my meds.  Thank you all :)
once i started taking lexapro the head pressure started... has thi happen to anyone else?
DOES ANXIETY CAUSE EYE TWITCHING?
Just a quick note to say how much I appreciate you guys sharing your story. I pastor a busy church and can relate to many of the stories you guys are sharing here. I just recently experienced a few more "results" of anxiety that I've had to deal with for years. Let me remind you guys....."you" ....that is "we" are not nuts. Look, Jesus before his death on the cross spent time in prayer in a certain garden. The Scriptures teach us that he sweated drops of blood. What's up with that? That my friends is a physical manifestation of internal stress. What's up with our symptoms of anxiety? Those are physical manifestations of internal stress. Not to be too theological here but....if the very Son of God can suffer physically from internal stress, you and I will face what we face. Keep the faith my friends. Continue on the meds. As a pastor I would say that you need friends and family to pray for you. As a group, we "anxiety types" tend to be "givers" which is not a bad thing. Part of this is learning to take care of ourselves as well as others. Also...be patient with yourself. If your going nuts....tell someone who loves you unconditionally - "hey I'm going nuts today." Shalom and Straight Ahead!   Pastor J
i am an anxiety sufferer.....i'm just 22....after a very disturbing week.....my anxiety just kick off....i am on xanax.....and i hope that you guys can help me with this...
it is really bothersome to have to think about this disorder when i am just trying to built my own life.....i'm in college now and i am afraid that anxiety will disturb my student life........
HEY MY DOCTOR HAS GIVIN ME XANAX 0.5mg AND LEXAPRO 20mg, I HAVEN'T STARTED ON THE XANAX YET BUT HOW DOES IT EFFECT YOU DOES IT REALLY RELAX YOU???
well my doc said to me that i will need larger doses if i continue using it...and i think it's true....
about 6 months ago i was feeling fine with just 0.5mg doses
per day

but now it feels different
hello im a 23 year old male i have been experiencing a bruised kind of feelin in my head my temples feel like a twitch kind of pain and experience tingles in my head behind my eyes is also a constant pain i alwqays feel tired even when i get up i always think im only 23 why does it happen to me i always brush my hand over my head and rub my eyes and face i used to have pains in my chest a year ago then i went prison and still had pains in my chest then when i came out of prison i lost me job and i was always stuck in the house thats when the pains in my head started i had bloodtests done and my doc said if it was somethin serious it wud show up he told me i had anxiety stress build up and smoking or drinking will only make the matter worse when im doing something fun i forget about it its only when im thinkin of it it worsens i hope this has helped ppl
Im glad to read these as i can see i aint the only one suffering however although i know it is anxiety that is most probably causing all the different symptoms i have been experiencing for about 5 months now! its all so HORRIBLE and i hate it, i feel as though it is taking over my life and im scared its just gonna get worse even though i know i shouldnt think so negatively, ive experienced a few panic attacks and they have all been so threatening tingling sensations, tight chest, breathing difficulties, feeling as though im about to faint etc. however i also suffer every single day even when i am not experiencing an attack, i feel faint at times and get head pressure tightness and also wierd feelings as though my brain is blank and wierd i get so scared i either got to run outside for fresh air or just rest it off but it doesnt ever seem to completly go away, theres always some sort of symptom lignering each day! its got to such a point i get worried about going out and meeting friends, ive started staying in because of it and i dont want it to take over my life this way im starting university in september and i really do not want it to interfear! is anyone else this bad? at one point it had got better and then it all came back and just got worse, i used to be able to go out shopping and etc but now i cant even do that, the last time i went shopping i started feeling really wierd and unbalanced and nearly fainted! the other day i went to see my cousins and felt the same there as well now im scared to step foot out the house! ive had blood tests and an MRI which was all apparently normal. im thinking to go back to the doctors as when i spoke to them about anxiety before they didnt take me that seriously and just gave me a leaflet on panick attacks!!! what am i gonna do :( i REALLY want to get back to my old days and feel normal again..can i help myself i really dont want to give in to medication!
I am so glad I found this site I supper from anxiety really bad. I have had it for 3.5 yrs now. I tried Effexor but came off it because it gave me head vibrations but now it seems I get head feeling all the time and I am scared too I think that I am going to have an aneurysm or a tumor and pass out out or have a heart attack. I am 31 married with two children and I am freaking out when I am not busy doing something. I mind ffff myself all the time and I hat it. I am so scared.
To all of you I must express my deepest sympathy as I too have suffered from these symptoms for 4-5 months now. I am a 21yr old fit and healthy male but one day months back I was sitting in front of my laptop doing my usual late night movie watch, and suddenly I got this weird feeling in my head. I can only describe it to be like a tingly, cold, pressure under my skull generally on the top of my head, it feels almost as if someone is poking my brain lol. I ignored the "headaches" or "pains" as thats the only thing you can semi relate them to, for a few weeks. Then my mind kicked in, and to all in these posts remember this fact YOU ARE YOUR OWN WORST ENEMY in this!!!!! I foolishly tossed the idea of a BRAIN TUMOR into my head and thus began the awful spiral into a living HELL! I worried and worried and worried my self sick folks! I saw 2 Dr's and their diagnosis was those words we all hate to hear "anxiety". I thought to myself WTF are you kidding me, impossible! My doctor even made it a point to say "look even though I tell you its nothing, your still going to worry about that 1% chance I'm wrong, so quit it!". Easier said than done as we all know very well. I guess I was hoping that the Dr saying its nothing would be some type of magical remedy but alas the pains persisted. My dad gave me a Klonopin when he noticed me shaking and pacing, and almost in tears in fear of some imaginary death dealing foe with my name on his list. I stashed the pill and refused to take it thinking " F that there is no way thats going to help", well after a week of what I can only describe as some of the darkest and most terrifying of my life I took the pill. And guess what...... It worked much to my surprise, and then it dawned on me everything my friends and family and Dr's had been telling me was true. It was all just in my head from indeed that evil menace stress. I still feel the pains and at times its hard not to worry yourself out but to all of you who feel that this is it and your dying YOUR NOT. STOP IT before you let it devour your life and emotions. Dont let some BS anxiety ruin your life. And I know its easier said than done and again I still stress out but its just that.....stress. The sooner you can accept that your an anxious over thinking baby the sooner you can cool it and enjoy life again. I still feel the pressure and it does bug the living crap out of me but Ive learned to disregard my evil little mind from manipulating me into a fear of NOTHING. See your Doctor, get whatever tests done you need to put your mind at rest, take a chill pill (they do exist) and do your best to relax and enjoy yourself. I found that as long as I kept busy doing practically anything, even mowing the damn lawn It went away or at least subsided, but my trigger I found was being alone. Being alone and having the thoughts that some of us do is the worst possible thing for us and you should avoid it at all costs as the Idle mind is a playground for our own self destruction and relapse into this truly dark place. sorry for the long type but one last thing know this: You are not alone in this and as scary and horrible it may get there is hope and You will be fine!!!
This is crazy I really thought I was the only person suffering from these weird unsual symtoms that are quite rather hard to explain. Im a very healthy 21 year old male who just got out of the Army, and about a month ago started feeling this weird pressure around my head and feeling as if i was on a boat constantly. Never and headaches but since then have had 3 vertigo attacks where out of no where nearly fell over thankfully all three where while i was sitting. I have a recently a d MRI Bloodwork unrine, white blood cell check and thyroid. Everything is good. I have suffered from anxiety for about 5 years now and thought i had it under control but it turns out i didnt, and also to who posted about Clonazaprem i would advise not to take it very long, they prescribed that in the army to many soliders and they all have resluted in addiction and or suicide. Also the Ativan, it always works when your taking it but when you quit, it comes back very strong with anxiety. Im trying to just fight it on my own. I have tooken Remeoran, Cellaxa and minipress. Has anyone had any kind of luck with any kind of meds that havent a bad side effect, or habit forming? Thanks guys it helps alot knowing that im not alone.
Hi every1, its so good to know that i am not a nut case, there are lots of people with the same symptoms. i use to get foggy/cloudy head since 8 years, i always thought i am just tired or its the weather or may be i did not drink enough water etc,  recently i went to see my doc and explained to him the whole situation, he prescribed me an anti depression (20mg) for the 2 weeks or so it worked very well and i was feeling completely normal. then it started again and my doc advised me to take it for 6 months to see if it was improving. the condition did not change so no he put me on a different anti depression with 50 mg. again the same story it worked quite well at the begging then the headache came back again.
i would like to know if anyone has been through all these symptoms and they found the solution with drugs or without?
i also heard meditation tht helps you quite allot,
Guys

Reading some of this is nice, as it helps me with my own anxiety issues, but I feel so sad for you all. I don't want to go over what others are saying, but there is one thing I can add. I live in the UK, where drugs are generally not prescribed for anxiety issues. However, I have just been treated by a psychologist for health anxiety, using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). I don't know if any of you have tried this already, but I found it helped a lot, providing me with coping strategies and ways of rationalising my fears. Perhaps you could ask your doctors if such a service is available where you are.

Good luck everyone.

Thom
I was diagnosed with axiety dissorder 4 yrs ago . I currently take Lexapro and piggy back clonapin as needed when certain issues pop up. the diagnosis really helped me cope with life in general. As for the pressure in my head, I started going to a Chiropractor and I can't describe the relief I have gotten. Use to get migraines-- GONE. You really out to give them a try. Don't just go go once or twice, stick with the regimen and give it a 100% chance. You will be surprised at the results
I would like to know if you are still on lexapro and what the head pains and head pressure  felt like.  I am having similar issues and debating going on a anti depressant.  
Ive had generalized anxiety disorder for 7 years. Last 3 days ive been getting random sharp pains on left side of head, that last 10 minutes then dissapear. A feeling of numbness, or tighthess on the left side of my head near my temple/eye/face region. It is very frustrating, and afraid its something deadly.
I am 17 and have this feeling that I'm in a small box and I want to explode and I have the constint  head pain on my left side. My doctor thinks it is anxiety so she gave me alprazolam. I was perscibe to take it at night to relax me before bed but it honestly didn't help. I was always up. I usually don't fall asleep until 4 in the morning and then have to wake up for school the next day. Drives me crazy. I have to go back to the doctor soon, I've kinda been putting it off. I'm scared that it is a tumer or something.  I hope your feeling better. We relate so much.
Hi guys,
Well i found this forum by mere accident. I was looking for a something completely different and I bumped into this great site, where I can finnaly share my own experience with anxiety. I am a 34 year old male from Australia. I had my first full blown panic attack on January 24 2009. It was a Saturday, I was on my way to my hairdresser when the whole world collapsed under my car. I started feeling kind of dizzy, an immense fear of going crazy took over, my heart was going spastic and everything around me suddnely changed!! Terrified is not the word to describe my state at that moment.
Ever since I develped an anxiety disorder and it wasn't until a year and a bit ago that I started having some reallt scary bodily sensations, especially head pressures and dizziness but not vertigo. Every morning when i wake up, my head just starts feeling weird, pressurised, tight and my right ear feels blocked. I thought something was seriously wrong with me: brain tumor, aneurisma and so on. I did CT scan, all clear but I can't stop worrying about my health. Every minute I fear that something is seriosuly wrong with my health. I think I have cancer or a serious heart disease! And my head pressures don't help. I haven't taken any medication, I have done psychotherapy though wich helped initially but still not enough.
It has changed my life forever, but i have hope and i think by sharing these experiences with co-sufferers helps offload the paina bit.
Thank you guys
it all started with my gf breaking up with my i was upset
she cheated on me
so i decided to pick myself up with intense workout healthy eating etc
started to get this pain in my stomach.... and this bulge
drs all said its normal its normal then the last dr said normal but .. unuseal
so then.......
when i think things couldnt get
i dislocated  my shoulder a few days later  
they gave me  morphone and madaslim then shoved my arm back in  
i then went home ended up  watching sienfield ate some  food  then did some writing then went to bed
i woke up once noticed my end fingers were numb.......  
woke up again and the room was spinningggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

it was sooo awful so i took a panadol and went to bed ... 3 days later  i was talking to my dad in the kitchen then all of the sudden i was confused and dizzy almost fainting the pain in my head along with twitching  started............... i sat  down freaking out
drs said  nothings wrong nothings wrong .... another dr said its just nervs under ur atm or the medicine doing it ....
another dr tested my reflexes  etc and said dw dw
so i got all these blood tests... found out i had low folate acid and vit b  potasium  with,,,,,,enlarged blood cels  got more tests turned out no deficancys...
the pain is like numbness on the head then travels to ur ear then traavels to ur eye.... AND ITS ONLY IN THE RIGHT  SIDEEE!!!!
the dr shoved me on zolof after that saying its all stress related
frickin annoying
ppl .... day 4 of zolof i feel much bettter
i still got a slight tension in my scalp  .... its actualy the nerv around the head  
i suggest u go to  a dentist and ask for help with this info on tmj  
i wanna get a tmj mouth guard but they cost too much....
word of advice  WEAR SUN GLASSES while on ur pc  helps eye  strain
I GOT MORE TIPS!!!! if u want help or advice hit me up
i know its hard and very annoying .... BUT it will be over soon ... trust me ive bee through moments where i thought .... im dieing maybe.
man isnt it just annoyyyinggg!!!!!
msg for suport  ppl i will help u out and give u updates :)
Wow! Exact same story exept mine started in March 2009. I got sick with a cold and never felt better again. I have dizziness which starts 2 hours after I wake up, my ears are constantl plugged. My brain feels numb at times and I get fast heart palpitations every so often. I got all sorts of tests done and even when to a neuro in Mexico who finally gave me Tranxene only 5mg. It has been my savior!!!! so little mg and it is magic. I only take it when I start to feel like Im gonna have  a bad anxiety day. So needless to say  episodes aren't daily as they used to be THANK goodness. I feel for everyone who suffers it is definetely a life changer and I realized how lucky we are to be healthy. Every day I dont feel anxiety is a beyond blessed day. I will keep everyone of you in my prayers, because I know it is awful!
I have also had some issues since I had a terrible car accident.  I have had this fear of dying and I have had heart palpatations, tingleing down my left side of my face and on the top of my head.  I have been dizzy and I have been worried about every part of my body.  I have two beautiful daughters and an amazing husband and I think that since I have had such a close accurance to death I have that fear of dying and losing my life and having my children and husband have to live without me.  I also found 2 months after I got into my car accident that I had a concussion that went uncovered.  They did not do a ct scan on my head after my accident.  I have had an CT scan and a MRI and my brain is normal other then the concussion.  Of coarse that made me leary of the Dr's.  I have not been dianosed with anxiety but this all makes sense to me.  I am severly against taking medication's so I am trying to stay calm and busy to keep myself from feeling as though I am losing it and so far I have had good luck with that.  They say that trauma can stimulate anxiety I just hope it all goes away soon and that I can gain control of myself again.  You all have given me hope.  Thank you
Can't believe how many people are suffering from the same thing as me. I feel like dying some days and it is only my son who keeps me going in life. I am on pregablin but it has not helped the head pressure. Nothing has helped, not counselling, cbt or hypnotherapy. Been 2 years since the accident that started the whole thing and I am on the stage of giving up altogether. got a pain management referral for a four week hospital programme so pinning hopes on that now. On the verge of losing my job cos the anxiety I feel at work has become too much! Please help...
I suffered from Anxiety when I was in my late 20's, I was under a lot of stress, working with 3 small children and felt I needed to be Super Mom and keep up everything to par even though I was working.  Didn't happen, got the worse Panic & Anxiety attacks, started at work.  I was convinced I had a bad heart or cancer or some other dreaded disease.  Funny how your mind plays games with you!  Those days they put you on Valium, so you walked around like a Zombie all day.  I hated that feeling, too!  One night at church, the pastor and elders of the church anointed me with oil, and by faith I gave my Anxiety & Panic Attacks over to God.  I felt a sense of relief and haven't had any attacks now, in over 42 years.   I've had the feeling since, once in a while that one could come on if I let it, but I step outside, get some fresh air and just tell myself that I don't accept it and get thinking about something else.   For those of you that believe in prayer, it might be something to give a try, it sure beats taking pills every day!!
Okay,all panic attack and anxiety sufferers listen up!

#1.xanax-clonapin-ativan-valium etc WILL NOT help with your problem,it WILL help mask the simptoms.
they are all the same as drinking alcohol!!!! Your brain cannot tell the difference between the pills and booze.
You will become physically and mentally addicted to them and your anxiety will get worse and worse!
If you have a doctor that puts you on them...GET ANOTHER DOCTOR!..ASAP!!!

2.There are many ways and therapies that can and DO work to help deal with anxieties.We all have to find our own way
and learn what works for you. Get all the books and video-audio you can on this subject and obtain all the
info that you can.

3.Try and find a support group in your area as many people suffer as you.Churches can be a good starting place
and are a lot less expensive as private sessions.

4 Take a yoga class...seriously

5.Get a full body massage,a good therapist will help you learn how to relax your muscles.

6.Go to a chiropractor and get regular neck and back adjustments...this helps tension from building up...IT WORKS!

7.Stop ALL stimulants..coffee,cigarettes,sodas etc..

8.Do not internalize your problems.Learn how to talk about them in a positive way...Don't just complain...

9.Look at every anxiety provoking situation as an opportunity to beat your fears instead of running from them,
very hard to do but you must learn to push back the barriers or they will get worse.

10. Accupunture can help to open up your nerve energy flow...BE OPTIMISTIC  IT WORKS!!
I had my first panic attack a few weeks ago...thought for sure I was a goner. Since then I have had a few less intense attacks but have constant mild head pains that occur in different areas...sometimes a strange feeling comes over me In a wave.. Like being distant from my body..strange to say the least, but bearable
i feel SOOO good reading this! i have severe anxiety at 26 yrs. i have a 3yrold daughter and i feel like im missing out on her life because i want to hide in a shell. its weird i have a good job(is stressful at times)great boyfriend,nice house but this anxiety is something i cant shake! i used tp think something was always wrong with my heart, i would never believe my dr. so finally he got sick of me coming in for the same thing so he ordered an ekg..thankfully that came back perfect. thought that was the end of my worries but it just travels to another part of my body... recently, i was sitting at my computer and from the back of my neck to my face went numb, of course first thing i do is freak i was walking down the hall and it seemed like i would never make it to the door! every since then i have random pressure in my head tingly feeling down my neck(mostly on right side) amd random pains all over but mostly the top left side .. i am so scared that is a tumor! my friends n family think im crazy and tell me not to worry but easier said than done i constantly think about it!! its taking over me..
I understand how yo feel! I think that our symptoms last longer than normal because were expect them to be there and we think about them all the time!  Maybe you can get a CT scan to to ease your mind!! I did and it does help!!
I am an anxiety sufferer. It started in march 2011 after i had suffered with the mumps. I thought nothing of it at first but then had several panic attacks in the following weeks followed by numbness in my head and the feeling of almost constant pressure i was in my second year of university and i ended up having to leave and return home as i couldnt leave the house or focus on my university work. I had my 21st birthday in the may and was still suffering with all these strange symptoms and i was constantly thinking i had a brain tumour or cancer or some sort of terrible disease that i was dying of and that was the reason for my symptoms, even though i had been repeatedly told by numerous doctors it was anxiety. I was offered various drugs but i have steered clear of them and instead took up counselling, which has helped hugely. In July 2011 i managed to find myself a job and although i still had dizziness, tinnitus (ringing in my ears) and this feeling of pressure it was slowly getting better and less apparent especially when i was busy at work. I contacted my university in August and have returned back in September. I have now completely recovered and am in my final year and doing great! I occasionally get mild numbness in my head and slight tinnitus if i am nearer a deadline or am low on finances but i have reassured myself i am fit and healthy and its all psychological and as soon as i feel that i might relapse i talk to someone this is the best form of medication! i've also given up smoking and drink only on rare occasions as alcohol also worsens the anxiety. I also exercise regularly as its a great way of relieving tension and releasing endorphins which of course make us feel great!
hope this is some reassurance to some of you that are still suffering and i promise there is light at the tunnel you just have to keep reassuring yourself and stay positive xx
How are you feeling now???? sorry I'm just now reading on things like this because I experience it now and its really taking its toll on me I used to be on 50 mg zoloft and when I got off of it I thought I could do it but its now been almost 2 years and I have a lot of stress built up my neck hurts bad it gets really tensed/tight feeling and sometimes even sharp pains I don't feel like doing anything I miss going to church haven't been in almost 2 months because of this I miss being able to do things with my husband and families I think I'm driving them crazy with this but its like no one understands.... any suggestions????
I know how u guys feel I go thru anxiety and panic attacks too in 34 years old but I ve been suffer from.anxiety for like 5 years is the worse right now,im takin xanax but some days I feel great n  there is other days specially nights that I get so bad wuth palpitations I do the breathing n it helps a little bit I hope u guys get better too
There is a comfort knowing Im not alone but I feel for all of you. I ad NO idea I was as bad as I am, nor did I realize the withdrawl symptoms that go along with stopping zanax cold turkey! I didnt think to tell the doc I didnt think I needed them anymore, I just ran out and decided I had had enough. Little did I know... this was almost 2 weeks ago and Im still trying to recover. It started with severe dizzy spells, numbness, tingling in my arms and legs, fingers and toes so cold it would almost hurt,... that past has almost gone completely and now there is a huge pressure in the base of my skull... my jaw is numb and my ears ache and hurt... the neck pain and pressure thru my head and face are intense enough to make me think it is life threatening... altho I know it isnt. I too have done the ER trips, the night in the heart hospital... so on and so on... it is all anxiety. I thought I would just stay off them since its been almost 2 weeks so I was thinking it has to get better soon... BUT I think maybe some of it is the anxiety itself so I am wanting to go get them filled! UGH! What to do? Do I ride it out and live like this, for what could be, a LONG time... or do I go get them filled and take them regularly til I feel better and then try to ween myself off of them? HELP!
Hey my name is andrew i just turned 20 and now iv been having preasure behind my eyes ears and in my head really bad it scares me at night i cant sleep my eye sight seems to be affected by it cause like right behind my head like where the spine conects i get bad preasure there idk what this is but i get scared thruought the day cause i feel like ima passout im always tired and it feels like my eyes keep wanting to black out like ima go blind or something idk what to do please someone talk to me or help me feel better cause the only thing that is happening now is i tell my mom or gf and they blow me off and tell me to relax and i do but it comes back 10 times worse
My name is Lena I'm 27 years old all this weird feeling in my head just started happening about 3 months ago its very scary I have every test done on me and all came back good my doctor is telling me I don't need a mri cause my brain is okay and that it can be from stress but I'm scared it bothers me the most when I worry or thing a lot I don't get headaches and when I do it's from my sinus but I'm glad ...... I'm just so scared I have gave my life to the lord and I know I'm gonna be alright ...... Please help me to kick these feelings
Very glad I found this. I'm laying down right now because of pressure in my forehead and sides of my head. It happens alot and I too have Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I just didn't know that this one a symptom of it. Thank you all for sharing. I feel better.
WTF? This is the longest string of comments Ive ever seen on a Med forum. TO: OP- Please get an mri of your brain, that will rule out any other things than panic. 2nd, get on clorazapan or brand name its Klonopin, it works great for me and I have all your symptoms except headaches thats why I reccomend an MRI, to rule severe things out. Most anti-deppressants now-adays help alot with stress too. But you seem to need additional medication. Id say stay on the antidepressant and take your doctor up on that Klonopin offer, it will help a million fold. I take 8mg of it a day, which is enormous, but I function great amongst public. Just know this, Benzodiazopine withdrawal is utterly terrible. Realize you need meds for a long time. Contact me if you need, you are not alone whatsoever, and I wish you the very best. Hope this helped anyone at all. Jake
I truelly believe in mind over matter, even though I need a lot of medication. Not to be inconsidarate to anyone at all, but we all have problems, especially anxiety, most drink all the time and are called alcoholics. All they are doing is relieving their anxiety thru self medication. The rest of us need to see doctors if not psychiatrists that are trained to handle our problems. But it truelly is much better to get medical help rather than drink problems away like most.
I find rest helps with the head pressure. I wonder how many of us are on meds. I cut out all meds except take one very rarely and that is xanax. How rare? I take about 1 0.25 mg per week. I kid you not. If something at work comes up and I really have to take it I will, that's it. I'm curious to know how many of us take xanax?  I was on a very small dose of risperdal before but quit that a year ago. That is it for meds for me. Could the head pressure be a side effect from risperdal or xanax?  I had bad anxiety in the past and no head pressure like this.
I get these same feelings but it didnt start until my first panic attack, and finding out I was pregnant. Im so scared I dont know what to do or to think, especially with me being pregnant. I just want help badly.
Make sure you stop drinking coffee, pop or any thing with caffeine. I assume you are not drinking alcohol. I gave that up 6 months ago as I was drinking too much. Trust me it helps to stop these things.  I'm not sure how far along you are with your pregnancy but it helps to walk. Are you on any medication? What medication?
ive got thiz head presure constantly:i feel like if i let go of my head sumthing terribl will happen:when i try and relax my head getz worse:i try and sleep i gett like theze head rushez:all i get told it anxiety:but ive never being like thiz before:i also cant fuction or concentrate wiv nthin in my life:it 2 the point i thimk my life is over and all i do us cry meself 2 sleep:
i just cant cope wivit no more:im just so much in my past i cant c no futer:i had a little boy 3wks go:and my anxiety and depression start a couple of dayz after a c_section in the hospital:but i just cant seem 2 focuz on me little boy:i feel anxiouse and so tensed soon my eyez open 2 closed:i feel like the only way 4ward is puttin meself in hospital as i really cant cope at home:all i can think about is my ex partner:and thingz i av lost thou my anxiety when i found out i woz pregnant:my headz my main problem as if i try relax it startz tingling and my eyez go funny and all my face goez tensed and my head start goin round:itz even worse when try 2 sleep:and i woz told it anxiety basicly they cudnt help me:so wiv that the way out woz 2 end thingz myself and that woz rusultin in suicidal thoughtz:which passed:as it feared me more:is the hospital the best and safe place 4 me 2 rebuild my life as im really struggling find any other solution:plze help thank u
i wud b so gratefull if i cud get sum geniuen responses plze:as i really do not no which way turn:i feel so lost and out of control emotionally:i need 2 rest but cant:wot can i do:im cin a counselor dun everything else:nthingz seemz 2 work:i am very negative wiv life in general:so that i know where all the anxiety is cumin from:but i cant solve that:my feelingz wont let me::so im seekin help rite now:is my life really over:
What medication are you on? Perhaps it is not you and the meds you are on. Talk to your doctor. What kind of lifestyle changes are possible that will benefit you? Do you drink coffee? soda? do you execise? All of these changes will help you. Exercise kills anxiety. Also try meditating that helps as well.
Hellooo I have been experiencing mild forms of what you are all experiencing, I have a mixture of GAD, panic attacks and depression. I am now having what I would describe as wearing a helmet on my my head which is quite numb sometimes kinda tingles... However I found this website that stopped me worrying about it soo much http://www.calmclinic.com/anxiety/signs/head-pressure   and this is what it said.....

Have you ever experienced head pressure that felt as though your skull was about to explode? Does it sometimes feel so intense that it seems like you’re about to faint? This doesn’t necessarily mean that something is physically wrong with you though. There’s a chance that these symptoms may have an underlying psychological cause. Many people who have anxiety disorders also feel head pressure, and it tends to get stronger the more they worry about it.

The first thing to do when you have constant head pressure is to visit a medical doctor to rule out any scenario of physical sickness. Head pressures are sensations of tightness affecting the face and scalp that may extend to other surrounding parts like the neck, nape, or upper back. There is no way to say what it is caused by without proper assessment and evaluation by your physician. Hence, a complete history and laboratory work-up should be done first before a diagnosis is made. If, however, tests come back negative for any possible tumor, infection, or cardiac-related disorders, and these head pressures come abruptly with unexplainable fear or dread, ongoing worry, sweating, dizziness, heart palpitations, hot flushes or tingling sensations, then it could be caused by stress and anxiety.

Once your doctor confirms that what’s causing your head pressure is anxiety disorder, you need to focus on treating the condition and not just the symptoms. In fact, worrying about the symptoms will actually aggravate them because that’s how anxiety works.

If you want to do something about your anxiety and head pressure troubles, you should try observing the causality between the two. Anxiety disorders can manifest in over a hundred symptoms, both physical and emotional, and this kind of disorder feeds from your tension and constant worrying. The most important action you can make to get better is breaking this chain of causality. In other words, if you’re really positive your anxiety brings about your head pressure, you need to dismiss the pressure in your head as a mere effect of your overall anxiousness.

You need to focus all your efforts in conquering your anxiety, which also means that you need to focus on finding new ways to relax. Anxiety disorders are treatable with medication, but before you go down that path, you should try dealing with your problem yourself. Confront your anxiety, rather than feed it. Try relaxation therapies such as meditation, yoga and breathing exercises.

Meditation and yoga are processes that involve letting go of all that worries you. They are about releasing all confusions and conflicts and bringing in a sense of peace and balance and visualizing images associated with calmness and tranquility, such as a mountain or ocean view. Listening to soothing background music also helps get into a relaxed state.

Learning breathing exercises can help relieve stress. Proper breathing soothes the nervous system especially when its activities are heightened whenever a person is in a great deal of stress. To bring in balance to your anxious emotions and feelings, learn the technique of inhaling deeply and exhaling slowly.

Something as simple as getting more exercise can have a great effect in dismissing your anxiety. Increased body activity will serve as an outlet to your accumulated stress, and it will help distract you from your worries. Once you manage to overcome your anxious state, you’ll quickly notice that your head pressure, as well as any other symptoms, will just cease naturally.

Understanding your anxiety disorder and its probable causes is crucial because that gives you a starting point. It provides you with a steady ground from where you can build on your well-being.
Great advise. I have tried going the natural way, with meditation, hypnosis, exercise, gave up pop, coffee, alcohol (completely). It all helped but the anxiety still exists and so does the head pressure. I friend of mine recommended cipralex. I'm trying this one last med and see how it goes. The problem is it takes 4-6 weeks to work.  The path to getting there is a rough one especially in the mornings. I pray to god this works.
you say you are getting the pressure in the head, i had vertigo 3 times now in a space of three years, but this time i have pressure in my head and my left ear seems to be buzzing all the time. Did you ears buzz

when you took that tablet were they the ones for depression, because i took them and felt really sick and loss my appetite did you feel like that when you first took them.

I would have replied to this as I got a gallstone at the beginning of the year and became a Hypercondriac in always thinking the worst. I developed the same type of head pain on my left side and it becomes very annoying and some what scary at times. So in return it builds my anxiety up to the point where I make it worse. Always touching the area to where I feel it and sorta developed a nervous tick. I was surprised with all the things anxiety brings to the table. I've been dealing with it for a long time now and once the gallstone surfaced & the word surgery came up my panic attacks went into over drive and then "BAM " the head pain and numbness started to take shape.  My blood work came back perfect and my Doctor just put me on some anxiety medication that I hope will work. But glad to hear your doing well. But your not alone. Also don't believe everything you hear on the net, it will also build up your anxiety, I thought the worst, brain tumour, blood vessel, brain damage etc Here are two great sites that eased my mind.

http://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiety-symptoms.shtml

http://www.npadnews.com/anxiety-symptoms.asp#smothering

I'd like to follow up on this. This is a great page because as you can we have all been suffering from the same thing(Some are over it). Here's something that may help ease those minds that are still cooping with it and may be reading all this and still saying "Its a brain tumour or something is seriously wrong with me". Anyway I was the same way and had been that way for the past couple of months now. Ok ladies and gents lets face facts here, if any of us had a brain tumour you wouldn't be writing about it right now on here(Me included). A brain tumour acts as a blinding headache that causes vision problems, pain so bad you wouldn't be able to stand it, and last but not least you'd be hospital not on here. I also have experienced chest pain with rapid to small heart beats, again I thought the worse, must be a heart attack, but only two weeks prior to me thinking this my blood work was and I quote from my doctor "Amazing". Yes these feelings are scary but like I read somebodies message on here we are are own worst enemies. Its time to fight back, don't let it win, every time I get panic that head pain/discomfort suddenly rears its ugly head and I go back to square one again. Last night was where I was saying enough is enough, cant live like this. I've been suffering with anxiety since I was a kid and have tried suicide in the past,  then woke up, you control your mind, don't let it control you. I'm not saying your anxiety will go away, for those of us that have severe anxiety know its a chemical imbalance and an actual illness.  God I never knew there is over 100 symptoms for anxiety, and this head pain/discomfort is one of the worse I've experienced in all my years of having it, its crazy. I'm now on medication and hoping that this will help. But I'm not letting this thing rule my life anymore, have reached my breaking point.
I started cipralex and inderal (long acting) and the head pressure has dramatically reduced. The pressure is just anxiety presenting itself in another way. Good luck!
I know that feeling! omgoodness-the anxiety wave! I had one this morning and   I just say upright and calmly let it do what it had to do.
i am an 18 year old girl, I have head pressure at the top on the right, when i lie in bed at night, i cant feel my pulse even though its there, every night when i try to sleep  i sort of feel like im "slipping away" and suddenly jump and fully wake up, its so hard dropping off to sleep because it will not let up its been months, its getting too much and i cant take it anymore, its driving me crazy!
The pressure in my head seems to get better after I take my Xanax, about 30-40 mins afterwards..
Are you on medication? I am now and find the pressure is almost gone. In the past meds have not worked well for me. I don't think I gave them a chance. I'm 4 weeks on cipralex and am now starting to feel the benefits. The biggest benefit is the pressure is near gone.
The first few weeks were are tough starting an ssri. You have to give them a chance to get into your system and for you to adjust though.
Are you on any other medication? I am now and find the pressure is almost gone. In the past meds have not worked well for me. I don't think I gave them a chance. I'm 4 weeks on cipralex and am now starting to feel the benefits. The biggest benefit is the pressure is near gone.
It is all scary, I hate it! :(
My family Dr. has put me on trazodone one full pill in morning & evening as well as xanax when needed. The pressure only seems to go away after I take the xanax. I am just so tired of feeling this way, I want to feel normal!
I am going to a neurologist on the 17th & worried about all of it! I pray and don't know what else to do. I don't go anywhere but work, it is all a struggle.
What is ciraplex? Is it just for anxiety or for depression too?
My Dr. also is having me take lopressor as well for my constantly racing heart.
cipralex. Just google it. The first few weeks are tough (like any ssri) but I think it is starting to work. I've felt the same way with a racing heart. I've been on cipralex for 4 weeks now and just started taking long acting inderal. I am starting to feel like my old self again. I hope I continue to feel good.
For some reason after i got hurt at work I started to feel weird couldnt breath, anxiety,feel like a bubble in my head and even feel that my head and arms were getting numb.I get so scared cause they dome MRI and they havent founf anything wrong.Well thats a good thing but having those feeling everyday
I was verbally abused several months ago, got upset over it and ever since then I've had this head pressure that won't go away. I have always had anxiety issues, though. Could they be connected? Why won't this go away? I am over the verbal abuse but the head anxiety is still there. Could this be PTSD? This is very scary.
The head pressure is something new to me. I'm thinking it is another way the anxiety is presenting itself. I'm thinking the meds may contribute to the change in the way anxiety presents itself. Are you taking anything?
.
hi my name is alauna and im only 20 yrs old and have been having almost all the symptoms u been having for the past 4 yrs:(.. all the pressure in my head dizziness weakness i been seeing these black little spider looking things.ive been to so many different doctors and even rushed to the ER..but it seems as if nobody understands or cares anymore...they all say its anxiety and stress and bla bla bla...im so worried it could b something with my brain...but i havent even went back to the dr i gave up on them not helpin or caring....and plus i have no insurance...please help somebody:(((((