Anxiety and my CoWorker
So...I do not have an anxiety issue, but my coworker does.  To the point that she misses multiple days every week...generally on a Monday.  I'm looking for help in understanding this...because, it's hard on me covering all of our clients.  I know that it's not my coworker's fault...and I want her to get help...we are quite close.  But, I'm finding my paitience has it's limits...and mine are starting to get reached...How can I still be sympathetic?

The problem started 2 years ago when the 1st episode happened.  My coworker was out for 6 weeks.  Since that time...the problem has persisted.  Help me understand please...I don't want to resent my coworker.  She goes to the Doctor WEEKLY for blood pressure monitoring (which I think all comes back to her Anxiety!)...I don't know if her Doctor has put this together yet or not.

Help me understand.  Thanks.
well good for you, to take time to look into Anxiety issues, I always tell family and friends to look at that person with a neck collor on or crutches or even a wheelchair, this visual will help us to UNDERSTAND, Anxiety/Panic is in the head, I would hope she is seeing a therapist or doing one of the many tharapies to help with this anxiety, but in your defense, I must add you need to take care of self and even in the work place, direct her to this forum , we have allot of people that can share thier stories and what they do now to work on anxiety. but the key word is WORK!! SHE MUST work on the issues that are giving her anxiety, weekly BP is not the cure, this only makes it worse (from your writing, sounds like she is only gong to weekly BP for anxiety? I SEE this only adding to anxiety, hope this helps, and again good for you for the support, but again in the long run you need to take care of yourself.
I totally know where you are coming from.  I was the "co-wrker".  However the other girl I worked with talked to me about it and was very understanding.  Thus is true you do need to watch for youself..but you have to figure out what excatly is causing all this anxiety for her, since you mentioned you are close that shouldn't be a problem.  her manager should be addressing her about it.  I was upfront with my employer and they were very understanding, so the next girl to come and fill my shoes when I was out for therpay...just had to deal with it.  Individuals with anxiety come very different backgrounds and suffer from very different reasons...some are naturally stressed and cannot handle day to day issues.  but at least she is giving the effort in being employed. Strange she is always out on Mondays though....that could be just that she is liking a 3 day weekend.  I started suffering due to my son having cancer and then being diagnosed myself with a tumor in my thyorid gland took it's toll.  Currently I am much better, but have my meds...and YES I need to see a doctor and take time off of work to do so.  I read your bio, and since you suffer from the issues at hand...perhaps since you seem a bit stronger than her...discuss the issue.  One good thing is that she is going to the a professional.  Just my 2 cents!

have a good one.;
Sorry I did not mean you have anxiety....I stand corrected! : ) I do apologize. You are just use to dealing with some who has an illness and needs help and compassion.
Thanks so much for your insight on the situation.  I will use this advise to be as supportive as possible for my coworker.  Since writing...my coworker saw her DR and he has uped her Anxiety Meds and has ordered a full physical.  I hope this helps him help her.  Thanks Again.