Anxiety Community
Anxiety and panic attack

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Anxiety and panic attack

I've been suffering from anxiety for many years now. I'm on Xanax and Aurorix. l take 0.125 Xanax only at night and 150 mg of Aurorix twice a day. This is after the discussion with my doctor. My anxiety is very much controlled. However, my anxiety becomes very bad when I become the center of attention. I dread public speaking but it can't be avoided sometimes. Do people with anxiety disorder dread the same thing as I do? Is it because I'm taking too little dose of Xanax? What is the normal Xanax dose for anxiety and panic attack? I feel like to take more dose of Xanax when necessary. I haven't talked with the doctor.
It sounds like social anxiety, and yes, many of us have that. I've you're doing well on your meds it might be best to leave things alone. Of course only you and your Dr can make that decision. Your Dr may let you take an extra small dose of Xanax on occasion when you have to speak in public. Is this part of your job if you don't mind my asking?
Yes, part of my job but it is not very often. Before I had this problem, I still could control my nerve after doing some preparation and practice before the occasion. But this time, it is very hard. I have no other problem in my job. I read a lot about public speaking too. The doc said I need to do more exposure to it with the help of my medications.
I agree ot sounds like social anxiety. While some doctors give an extra as needed small dose of Xanax for these situations, it could make you a little drowsy (depends on the person) so you might wanna try some relaxation breathing and visual relaxation before hand or get some other anxiety reduction techniques from your doctor/therapist/self help books. Good luck!
Thank you.

Barb135, Jade59, and 10356 commented on VICourageous's status
44 mins ago
10356 commented on stilltrying1965's status
54 mins ago
Barb135 commented on dominosarah's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms