Anxiety Community
Anxiety and panic attack
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Anxiety and panic attack

I've been suffering from anxiety for many years now. I'm on Xanax and Aurorix. l take 0.125 Xanax only at night and 150 mg of Aurorix twice a day. This is after the discussion with my doctor. My anxiety is very much controlled. However, my anxiety becomes very bad when I become the center of attention. I dread public speaking but it can't be avoided sometimes. Do people with anxiety disorder dread the same thing as I do? Is it because I'm taking too little dose of Xanax? What is the normal Xanax dose for anxiety and panic attack? I feel like to take more dose of Xanax when necessary. I haven't talked with the doctor.
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
It sounds like social anxiety, and yes, many of us have that. I've you're doing well on your meds it might be best to leave things alone. Of course only you and your Dr can make that decision. Your Dr may let you take an extra small dose of Xanax on occasion when you have to speak in public. Is this part of your job if you don't mind my asking?
Blank
Yes, part of my job but it is not very often. Before I had this problem, I still could control my nerve after doing some preparation and practice before the occasion. But this time, it is very hard. I have no other problem in my job. I read a lot about public speaking too. The doc said I need to do more exposure to it with the help of my medications.
Blank
1041243_tn?1375234120
I agree ot sounds like social anxiety. While some doctors give an extra as needed small dose of Xanax for these situations, it could make you a little drowsy (depends on the person) so you might wanna try some relaxation breathing and visual relaxation before hand or get some other anxiety reduction techniques from your doctor/therapist/self help books. Good luck!
Blank
Thank you.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
4059843_tn?1402216397
Blank
mishymoshymarcy Head in the books Marcy. Do... Comment
1 hr ago
4059843_tn?1402216397
Blank
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
1 hr ago
1926359_tn?1331591739
Blank
lulu747 commented on 8 months off Subutex ...
1 hr ago
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms
Start Tracking Now
Top Anxiety Answerers
480448_tn?1403547723
Blank
nursegirl6572
PA
Blank