Anxiety Community
Anxiety and stomach ache

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Anxiety and stomach ache

I am getting nauseated every time I go to work. For the most part at home I am fine. On the weekends I am fine. Yesterday, by the time I got off I was in pain. It finally got better late yesterday evening. What do you do? I have to have a job. It is stressful and we are going through a lot of changes. I have to be at home to take care of my ailing mother too. My ex-wife has brought drama 10 fold within the past 3 months. All of these things stress me out and when I get to work I guess it hits me.
Stress can definitely cause many unwelcome physical symptoms.  I also get sick to my stomach when my anxiety peaks.  For me, I sometimes just take a roll of Tums with me, and not only do I get my calcium, I also get a little relief from the stomach ache :).  But, long term, for me confronting the anxiety and learning to manage my stress is what helps me long term.  Counseling and regular exercise seem to work the best for me.  I definitely notice when I don't get out to run that I don't manage my stress as well as I probably should.  

How have you dealt with stress in the past?  If it worked, can you apply what you know to help you now.  Also, don't get too down on yourself because you are going through a stressful time right now...keep us posted!
My stress has increased too much in the past 3 months dealing with my ex-wife. I have never had this kind of stress, not even through my own divorce or death.
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
20 mins ago
mishymoshymarcy commented on I cant stop not sleep...
21 mins ago
Nighthawk61 commented on I cant stop not sleep...
23 mins ago