Anxiety and tachycardia
Does anyone know if anxiety can cause your heart rate to go over 100 bpm every morning when you get out of bed. Every morning after I get up from bed my heart rate is over 100. This morning it was 115. I don't feel anxious or anything. I also feel my heart skip beats. I have had thyroid tested and doctor says it is all anxiety, but why would it happen every morning just from getting out of bed? She prescribed celexa, but I am nervous about taking it.
Id seriously get another drs opinion, and how do you know your hr upon rising you would have to be wide awake and alert to take your own pulse, theres a lot of things that can cause rapid heart beat,  another opinion may give your more direction.
I have a blood pressure monitor that measures my bpm. I can feel it beating quickly and then I measure it and that is how I know it is over 100.
My heart races just getting up out of bed too.  It is related to anxiety...
It CAN be related to anxiety, and it CAN be related to numerous other things, always rule out the physical posibilities before deciding for yourself that its anxiety.
my heart races too in the morning and through out the day, i always have a high heart rate, i would ask the doc for maybe a 24hr monitor just so it can be recorded for the doc to see. then he can put your mind at rest
It amazes me how some doctors pull the anxiety card so quickly and then vomit out some medication to take. To me a quick diagnosis of "it's just anxiety" means that "yeah, something is going on, it may take more tests and time, but I have neither the time nor concern to do it". That's just my opinion, but I would run far away from a doctor like that.

But yes, anxiety can cause tachycardia. Like when you are unexpectingly frightened. Heart rate goes up. That is normal. Now, if it happens just out of the blue with no stressors? Not normal.

Is it normal to have tachy immediately upon getting out of bed? No. It could be many things though. Like a drop in blood pressure, or a blood pressure not adjusting to standing, and your HR increases to compensate. I would get further evaluated.

joseph
good advice hope poster listens, most people dont wake up with instant anxiety, im leaning towards this eithers neurological or a cario issue, needs more testing thanks all past 3 posters for backing me up
Thank you everyone for your post. I want to add some more info to see what everyone thinks. I have worn a 24 hour monitor, it recorded a heart rate up to 187, 4 SVT episodes, and 555 pacs. I also had an echo done, a chest x-ray, and chest CT scan. The doctor who told me this was all anxiety was my second opinion, after my primary care doctor told me she had no idea what was wrong with me.The doctor that told me this was due to anxiety is a internal medicine specialist.