Anxiety and throat muscles
I have always been an anxiety ridden person,but here recently I have been clenching my teeth a lot more and I think it is causing the back of my tounge and the front parts of my throat to be sore but not like a sick sore really like a muscle strain sore. I carry a lot of anxiety in my neck and shoulders and I do find myself clenching my jaw quite a bit anymore,but I am now thinking that my tounge and throat muscles are now tensing up. I was wondering if anybody else has/has had this problem and if there is anything I can do for it?
I have so much muscle tension that sometimes I feel like I try to relax and  just can't.  Yes I think I clench my teeth a lot because my jaws always hurt and it gives me a headache.  I am in the same boat as you.  I am going to go to the doctor soon, and hopefully he will give me something like Valium.  It is supposed to calm you down, and help with muscle tension.  But it can be addicting so you have to be careful with it.
Anxiety come's in many different forms.  At least you know what's causing it.  Ask your dr. what he suggest's. I find myself at time's doing the same thing and I catch myself. Thank God nobody has yet to see me doing it.
My jaw becomes tense and it affects my throat and swallowing when I am having anxiety issues.  Klpnopin really helped me.
Right now I am suffering from my throat feeling really tight. For me this is such a coinsidence to see this post. I am always clenching my jaw.. Mainly subconsciously. Clenching it then swollowing. And I constantly feel as if my throat is going to close over or something or that something will just click in place somewhere and stop me breathing some how. I dont no if it is exactly what you are experiencing but maybe it is simalar. Im constantly monitoring my throat, with my swollowing and yawning, just thinking [well worrying] that something will happen =/ My jaw is very achy at the moment from all this clenching tho :/
Just wondering if you clench your jaw alot subconsciouly like me?
Sometimes I notice [even now] that i tend to hunch my shoulders up alot. Its annoying because i dont realise I am doing it. :S grr.
I get the same feelings.  In fact, the feeling of my throat muscles tensing up is what triggered one of my first panic attacks.  I felt my muscles tightening so I tried to swallow and couldn't.  It sent me into a panic attack that lasted over an hour.  

I also have noted that I clench.  Alot.  And I grind in my sleep.  It's causing alot of dental problems.  Also, I've been getting pressue and headaches located primarily in my left temple which I think is caused by the clenching and grinding.  Unfortunately, there are times when that headache pain kicks my anxiety in because I start to believe that it's something much worse.  

It is comforting to know that others get the same symptoms.  
As human beings, we have certain things that are hard-wired in our brains that are part of our fight or flight mechanism. One of those things is our throat. Our larynx ( including our vocal folds) protect our airway. When we are under stress we tend to hold our breath, our throat tightens, etc. Even though we don't have to run from tigers anymore (unless you live in the jungle ), the primative part of our brain doesn't know that so its response is the same. Think also about what happens to your voice if you  are nervous (like when making a speech) or when you are angry or upset.Your voice "shakes", or  your pitch changes, etc. Stress and tension from one part of the body is going to naturally overflow to other parts (shoulders, upper back,neck,etc)Everything is connected. It really is amazing when you think about it, but sometimes it is a real pain in the ***. Hopefully though, just being aware of it helps.