Anxiety attack?
My Grandad is in hospital and we had a call tonight at 2am to say he has taken a turn for the worst. Before this I was having weird dreams and was very hot in bed and unable to sleep properly.

After the call I started to get really cold, and started worrying that I had something wrong with me. I had a really hot bath earlier and was scared I had 'damaged my body' in some way so it was unable to regulate temperature.

I came down stairs and saw my pale face in the mirror - which scared even more to the point I started to go crazy. I felt so cold, so worried that something was really wrong which makes me feel guilty because it is my grandad that is not well.

I started googling 'shock' as i thought the news could of put me into shock but I think it was happening before this? Ive had a banana and a cup of tea and feel warmer and a bit better. Im just scared this is going to happen again, im scared of going to the hospital and I just really don't know what to do!
This is most likely an emotional reaction.  I get them sometimes.  You can call it anxiety, but in your case the cause is known and a normal reaction to a tough situation.