Anxiety cause high Blood Pressure?
CJ_
I just got my Blood Pressure checked at one of them arm stations in Walmart and my BP was 134/101 !!!
101, inst that very high and bad?
And when I got it tested I was doing fine and not anxious... but now i am going to panic!
Do you know what your "normal" BP is, CJ? Do you have a phobia about having your BP taken? That would account for the high reading. As would having run around Wally World for an hour loading up your cart with bargains of the century then plopping your butt at a "BP station." (Sorry, but I had to laugh as I envisioned you sitting at a gas station........we have a chain out here called "BP.")
134/101 is on the high side, but not so high that bells and whistles are going off. I suggest you begin to chart your BP's. You can do this either by going to most pharmacies which have these machines, you can go to any fire department and have your BP checked, you can purchase a home kit or you can see your doctor. Our BP's vary so greatly throughout the day, it's possible you were just  stressed, even tho you say you weren't.  
If this IS your "normal" BP, it would be time to talk with your doctor, but you really do not need to panic..........that will only keep your BP high!
Seriously, chart your BP a few times a week for say, one month and get an average. Go from there.
Peace
Greenlydia  
CJ_
Thanks, this was the first time i ever took my BP!
Yes, I agree with the above post. If your running around the store and sit right down to take your BP it's probably going to be high.
Normal BP is 120/80 or below. You have to sit quietly for 5 to 10 minutes with your feet on the floor before you get a true reading.
I've heard those BP machines in the stores are not always accurate so stopping by your Drs office to have them check it would be a good idea. Take care. Remar
CJ_
Just got back from the doctor , i brought that up about my BP and she siad it didnt mean anything really... Not to worrie.
This was the FIRST time you'd ever taken your own BP?
Sheesh..........they named the BP machine at my local pharmacy the "Greenlydia Hot Seat!"
Why did you decide to take your BP? You saw the machine and just said "why not?" Or were you thinking there was something amiss with your BP? If that is the answer, it's no wonder it was high.
As remar stated, the "average" BP is 120/80, so you see that while yours was a tad high, it wasn't THAT far out of normal range.
Working in a hospital, I take, on average, over 100 BPs a shift. I have yet to see a 120/80! I will grant you that a hospital may not be the best venue to gather stats on BPs............folks there are sick, scared, on heavy duty medication,  and some, if not most, are also in pain. But what is accepted in the medical journals as "normal," I have an issue with. As with everything else in this life, we are all so different, the "norm" has a huge curve!
Find out what is "normal" for YOU and don't try to keep up with the Jones'!
Peace
Greenlydia

CJ_
I wanst worried or anything i was happy as hell that day, and out of the blue i decided to take my BP and it was high ... but i did have 'Halls’ And were eating them like candy even tho i didnt have a sore throat anymore... Oh well must have been the halls or something.
Did they check your BP at the Dr? If so, what was it?
I really think it was high at Walmart because you were running around and just sat down to take it. You have to sit still for a few minutes.
Ha ha! That's too funny GreenLydia. You have a BP machine at your pharmacy named The GreenLydia Hot Seat. Take care. Remar