Anxiety Community
Anxiety cause of depression

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Anxiety cause of depression

I have been posting a lot lately but I am confused on whether or not my anxiety is causing my depression or the other way around...Ive been suffering from derealization and health anxiety for about 2 weeks now as well as severe depression...Ive lost interest in just about everything and am trying to figure out what is making me so miserable the depression, anxiety or both?...Im really not happy with the way my life is going right now which is probably one of the many factors but there has to be another reason...I feel like life has no meaning and im running outta options...On top of that im constantly worried about my health and every symptom has me stressed...Is anxiety really causing my depression cuz in my opinion I havent been myself since this all started back in January...I want to go back to school for engineering but I feel so useless like I cant function as a active member of society...I am afraid of everything these days I dont why I cant manage like everyone else...I want to continue trying different coping methods but there are to many obstacles in my way ex: No health insurance, unemployed, no financial support etc...What other opportunities for support do people in my situation have left or am I just completly oblivious to government aid programs...Bottem line is I need help before I lose my mind to this ongoing monster

Any feedback would be helpful
Hello man, im 20, i feel similar to you had one panic attack last january and something has changed inside me, i have been having palpitations everyday since, and can always feel my heart beating, i have had tests done which are clear, yet i still keep thinking in the back of my mind that there is something wrong with my heart, i am currently scraping my way through college even though my attention span feels like it has almost diminshed, have exams in 4 weeks and getting seriously freaked. My advice to you is to stay as positive as possible and to be very,very patient and although it may be another while yet, this will pass and you will have your life back before January
I have heart palpitations too, they scare me almost everytime even though ive had two ekgs, and chest xrays and they all came back normal...
thx 4 your comment I really appreciate your advice
No doubt, this 'thing' is worse than anything I have experienced, it rules your life. I was hit by a car and badly injured but at least I knew what was broken and that I would start feeling better after time. This 'thing' you don't know when it's gonna end.

Just do the things you feel most comfortable with and if a situation, people, places make you anxious try to avoid them for a while and approach them when you are feeling strong (if you can) no need to put extra stress on your body. If you dont have medical insurance you can go to a free clinic and if you can't afford the medication call the pharmaceutical company itself and tell them what your situation is they will sometimes give you  free medication.

You can always try a herbal remedy I am taking 'Tranquinol' which is helping also Valerian helps you sleep. I sympathize with you as my anxiety started in January also and I feel exactly the same way.......nothing gets me going, not even  shopping and I'm a clothes horse!

I have been 'down' before and have done things to boost me up, running, out with friends but this 'anxiety thing' is different you can't judge your emotions all the things that made me feel better now give me panic attacks.

There are  millions of people like you so don't feel alone, ride the wave, it will get better and if you feel like you need the help of medication you may have to take it although I would rather do it naturally.
mele48 Just keep swimming, just ke... Comment
14 mins ago
OncecleanNserene commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
56 mins ago
Alnan commented on Tramadol & Ultram...