Anxiety causing finger and wrist stiffness/pain?
I believe I have GAD, but I am several days from getting examined.

A month ago, I had moderate essential tremors in my hands.  They have since subsided into fine tremors.  I of course was freaked out like everyone else that I had a nasty neurological condition.  A few days ago, I had an appt. with a neurologist and she did some basic physical tests (range of motion, Babinski, and walking) and she ruled out Parkinson's and anything else serious, simply saying I had a benign essential tremor--yippee, so I thought.  As a side note, my thyroid was tested to be normal.

For the past couple of days, my fingers and wrists have felt stiff and in pain (and my palms have felt sore at times).  I have not lost strength, but my fingers and wrists constantly feel stiff like I am doing some funky rubber band resistant exercise with every movement.  I wish I this condition was limited to one arm so I can point to some localized issue (CTS, etc.).  I have no history of arthritis.  

Can anxiety cause this?  

I failed to mention I am 35 yr old male.
Anxiety can cause us to shake, (tremors) to feel like our fingers are numb or cold, but I can't say that I've heard of the symptoms you're talking about. Which does not mean it can't be related to anxiety......other's here may know exactly what you're talking about.
I'm glad you went to the neuro. I would have suggested that, and it's good that you're seeing your doctor soon. Obviously these symtptoms will be addressed then. I wouldn't rule out arthritis completly, even without a history. I have arthritis and when I'm having a flare up, my hands will often have sensations very similar to what you're describing. I didn't have a history of it either............until I was DX'd with it.
Let us know what they say.
Peace
Greenlydia
And I failed to mention I'm a 57 year old female ex-hippie.............LOL
Thanks for the quick response.  This board is pretty awesome.

During my appt with the neuro, I asked her to comfort me in telling me I don't have ALS.  I wish I could have used her facial expression as my photo as she said no.    

I should point out that I am not taking any medication of any kind right now.    

I remember when I was at the height of MY health anxiety............some of the expressions I got from doctors WAS priceless. And this was back in the days before computers when I really had to spend some serious time at the library looking for the next major disease to trot out for them. It's so easy these days. Modern hypochondriacs don't know how lucky they are!

Have you considered carpel tunnel? That you haven't lost any strength might make that DX moot. I think CT affects the strength...........but you'll notice there isn't an "MD" after my name. Just the purple whirly-gig.........which makes me a Doctor of Nothing!

This IS an awesome sight.........I hope you stick around. Even when your issue gets resolved, you sound like you're a reasonable bloke and could offer help just from your life experience.

How great you're not on any meds. Most of here wish we could make that claim!
Keep us posted, OK? We DO care and we ARE interested.
And I'm sure it's nothing serious!
Peace
Greenlydia  
I just searched this question and found your question!

I'm 19 year old female and in the last year I've been anxious a lot! My doctor has said that it's anxiety. I worry about health stuff all the time and have thought up possibly diseases ranging from diabetes to Lyme disease!

I'm getting that elastic feeling in my hands and fingers too. Sometimes my wrists and fingers just have this dull pain in them. It's so annoying. I don't know if it's CT or anxiety or what.

I haven't lost any strength in them, just hate dealing with the sensations. When I have  a panic attack my hands go numb,so maybe it is anxiety related.

I'm resistant to go to my doctor because they must thing I'm insane, I've been there 5 times in the last 6 months :-p with a new disease for them every time.

Did you find out what it was? I hope it's just another symptom of anxiety.