Anxiety Community
Anxiety in Walmart stores

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Anxiety in Walmart stores

Has anyone had anxiety while shopping , particularily in WALMART stores?
Yes, I get anxious in big stores like Walmart, Target or grocery stores, and ESPECIALLY the mall.  I don't know why that is but when I go there I start feeling dizzy, like everything is going fuzzy, and the lights are way too bright.  I sometimes feel overwhelmed like all the people around and just so much stuff to see and look at is too much.  I barely ever go to the mall anymore and just go to Walmart or the grocery store when I have to.  So, I know how you feel.
yes i avoid going to walmart during the day when there is alot of people there the one by my house is opened 24 hours so i got at like 2am when there is hardly no one there.
OMG!  i am not alone!  I used to love to shop!  Now it seems to be a source of panic for me....(what else is new?)  I find that going in with a list and just get the things on the list and not just browse and get things off the top of my head helps me.  If you know exactly what you want, you don't have to get panicked with all the choices, etc.......isn't this a shame that even this drives us crazy?  
I hate Wal Mart with a seething passion.  When I was having anxiety problems, it was the one store I could probably go to without problems, because I would be angry instead.

I had weird anxiety, I think.  I never had much of a problem going to big stores, but would have anticipatory panic attacks while I was on my way to them.  They'd subside when I got there, ironically.  I was tending toward agoraphobia at times but never had a problem with specific places (except for work)...just being out in general was bad.  Again, the anticipatory anxiety.  Fear that if I were to have a panic attack, it may take a while to get back home.  

With the right frame of mind and perhaps the right med to help you get there, you can conquer this.
Yes, I experience extreme anxiety in Walmart stores. I think its the lighting. And that there is so big with too many things. When I got a regular market even a walmart Neighbor hood market , my  anxiety is not as bad.Thats why I began to think it was the lighting. All the other stores are dim, and i was calm and can focus on what I need to get and take my time. I hate Walmart. I wish I didnt have to be frugal, or else I would never shop there. EVER.
Dalubaba commented on photo
26 mins ago
National Vaccine Information Center...
57 mins ago by gymdandee
mishymoshymarcy NOTE TO SELF: I am just say... Comment