Anxiety Community
Anxiety or Low Blood Sugar?

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Anxiety or Low Blood Sugar?

I've had some anxiety attacks in the past but nothing too serious. Today though I was about to take my daughter out and all of a sudden I felt very very weak expecially in my legs, a little lightheaded, hot flash, my hands were a little shaky, and inside i felt a weird feeling like"trembling" that's best I can describe it.

I had just eaten lunch 1 hour before(pasta w/brocolli+chicken w/snapple), and had eaten 3 egg whites for  in the A.M. To make a long story short I had to go inside and didn't think this was an axiety attack so I remembered a friend who had blood sugar problems. I ate a snickers and had some apple juice and laid down and gradually felt better but eating the snickers and all that juice kind of upset my stomach. About 20 minutes later I felt fine like nothing ever happened. I have had a little stress at work lately but does this sound like a low blood sugar problem or was this an anxiety attack?
The answer to your question, in my opinion, is 1. 'it could be' and 2. 'it could be.'  Sorry to be so ambiguous, but anxiety can cause this and I bet low blood sugar could to.  Have you had problems with either in the past?  Have you talked to your doctor about it?  I often feel really 'woozy' after a long run until I eat a banana or some other fruit, so I know in this case it is not anxiety...now that I have talked you around in a circle, why don't you just talk to your doctor about it?  And sometimes, we can just feel really bad.  

Please keep us posted!
Low blood sugar can cause anxiety and panic attacks So can a disfunction of the adrenal glands. I have both. The treatment for low blood sugar is to avoid sugar because in that condition the ingestion of sugar increases insulin production thus lowering blood sugar further. You should see an endocrinlogist. From my experience, none of this is psychological.
yo chris! :)

best thing to do in these situations is be calm :) try asking your doctor also
dominosarah Another Blizzard Warning fo... Comment
37 mins ago
mishymoshymarcy I dont have enough time.. Comment
1 hr ago
melimeli commented on mhv's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms