Anxiety Community
Anxiety or really any kind of heart issue.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Hello My name is Parth J,
I'm facing a problem related to my heart. I've been facing this issue from  last 4 years, my left chest area gets a sort of a spike thing & then the heart rate increases drastically making me feel uncomfortable & restless, I even feel like I'll get a heart attack or heart failure. It feels like something is poking my heart from within. I've experienced these episode 6-8 times in four years but these days that kind of feeling is persistent & feels like something is giving pressure to heart & the area nearby. I've consulted my family doc, MD & a heart specialist. I've got my 2D echo, ECG & B.P checked every time but all the reports & doc's say's I'm normal its all about my anxiety which is causing the trouble. I've been prescribed to take medicines as Trika 0.25 mg, Ciplar LA 20 by the doctors.
Basically I'm obese, I used to have a irregular schedule for the day & for my work, I also face constipation & gastric issues, have bad habits like smoking, I've started to smoke 1.5 year back & at the beginning it was intense (20-25 cigarettes per day). I'm trying to quit it & successfully from last 6 months I reduced it to 1-2 cigarettes a day.
I've also started basic exercise at my home & also reduced my weight from 130 Kg's to 98 Kg's. I'm eating meals like a heart patient. I've almost fixed my schedule for myself.
Is there anything serious about my issue or should I do any specific checkup to get it diagnosed.
Thank you.
Parth J.
I would honestly rule out any cardiac issues, considering you have had an EKG / ECG, plus the two-dimensional echocardiogram, and general tests, and yet your heart is completely normal. An EKG would check for heart function, and nothing showed up - so all is good there. An echocradiogram is used to look at your cardiac morphology (heart shape) and all is normal.

Your blood pressure is normal as well, so no need for meds to control it. Exercise and a good diet is what keepes your blood pressure in check for the greatest part.

As long as you exercise, eat right and keep a healthy lifestyle, heart disease should be of really no concern. However, smoking cessation is crucial because smoking causes all sorts of medical issues, granted - it takes a long time to build up but either way, you want to avoid the risk. Smoking is intimately tied to cardiovascular and cardiopulmonary problems as well as others.

Everyone can feel the occasional "mystery pain", but I honestly do not think the pain or sensation you are getting is relegated to your heat, as if it were then the doctor and the EKG and echo would have undoubtedly picked it up. Heart attacks are brought on by plaque build-up which takes decades and eventually - if not treated, starve your heart from oxygen-rich blood and that is what caused a heart attack to eventually ensue. The plaque can be from hypercalcemia, hyperlipidemia, excess bad cholesterol which stick to the insides of your arteries.

Cardiac pain is unique since it increases with exertion and is a deep, radiating pain. If you have no pain when exerting yourself, like running or lifting something, I would immediately source the pain to something else like muscular or neurological. If you wish to see, contact a cardiologist and schedule a stress test. As I stated, cardiac pain is a radiating type of pain, and your pain sounds like it is localized in one spot.

I bet the reason why your pulse rate shoots up is because you feel that sensation which worries you, and like normal - your pulse elevates since it makes you anxious.

Overall, keep up the exercise, eat nice and healthy and continue to smoke less and less until you totally quit.
mishymoshymarcy I thought disappointing you... Comment
Stressing, disappointing myself onc...
2 hrs ago by mishymoshymarcy
Amandag78 commented on msdelight's status