I get these at nights and that's it. I can go to sleep for maybe a couple of hours and I wake up with these attacks. When it happens I feel like I'm alone and no one is there(literally) or I think about bad things. Like losing people... It jist makes me cry.. Does anyone go through this? How do you handle it? What should I do?
Yes, I used to get the night time anxiety really bad.
Do you know what may be causing your anxiety? Have you been under alot of stress? Have you talked to your Dr about how you're feeling?
Sorry about the all of the questions but the more we know the better we can try to help.
Some quick tips to help manage the anxiety:
- deep, slow, into-your-belly breathing, then slow exhale
- self talk: "It's just anxiety. Nothing bad is going to happen." Or whatever positive mantra you want to keep repeating.
- distraction. For me, playing some relaxing music as I'm going to sleep has helped a lot. Get up - pace, do jumping jacks, do a workout DVD, put on some music and dance.
- reach out. If you can, talk to a family member or friend, and when it gets bad, call them up and talk it out.
- make sure you're eating well and drinking plenty of water.
I know anxiety is hard - trust me, we all know on here! But it is something that can be managed. Like remar asked, if you haven't been to a doctor, I'd encourage you to do so to discuss your symptoms.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.