Anxiety Community
Anxiety/panic attack. Am I alone?

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Anxiety/panic attack. Am I alone?

I get these at nights and that's it. I can go to sleep for maybe a couple of hours and I wake up with these attacks. When it happens I feel like I'm alone and no one is there(literally) or I think about bad things.  Like losing people... It jist makes me cry.. Does anyone go through this?  How do you handle it? What should I do?
I'm sorry you're going through this!

The questions remar asked are good ones.  

Some quick tips to help manage the anxiety:
- deep, slow, into-your-belly breathing, then slow exhale
- self talk: "It's just anxiety.  Nothing bad is going to happen." Or whatever positive mantra you want to keep repeating.
- distraction.  For me, playing some relaxing music as I'm going to sleep has helped a lot.  Get up - pace, do jumping jacks, do a workout DVD, put on some music and dance.
- reach out.  If you can, talk to a family member or friend, and when it gets bad, call them up and talk it out.
- make sure you're eating well and drinking plenty of water.

I know anxiety is hard - trust me, we all know on here!  But it is something that can be managed.  Like remar asked, if you haven't been to a doctor, I'd encourage you to do so to discuss your symptoms.

Best wishes!
Yes, I used to get the night time anxiety really bad.
Do you know what may be causing your anxiety? Have you been under alot of stress? Have you talked to your Dr about how you're feeling?
Sorry about the all of the questions but the more we know the better we can try to help.
I'm sorry you're going through this!

Best wishes!
I have been stressing a lot.. Trying not too! I have not talked to my dr yet but I will at my next appointment.  
Thank you. This will all help me out. I will definitely talk to my doctor about what's going on.
Jade59 commented on photo
17 mins ago
Sandman2 commented on Anxiety disorder - am...
Lonelygirl28 uploaded a new photo
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms