Anxiety Community
Anxiety related Fatigue/tiredness?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Anxiety related Fatigue/tiredness?

Hi and thank you for your help in advance.

I am a 20 year old male who plays sport 3 times a week and eats pretty well with no major previous cases of stress or anxiety.

I first posted on this site about one week ago because of a panic attack I had for the first time in work over a feeling in the left side of my chest (not a pain just a discomfort which has been there a while)but suddenly for no apparent reason I made myself believe it was something serious like lung cancer and completely freaked in work. I had to leave work immdeiatly and went to the doctor who said that it was nothing and just anxiety.

Since that anxiety attack I have been feeling really tired and drowsy all day long even after a great nights sleep I wake up and I feel like I have just got out of bed all day.

This is really starting to freak me out as I have been like this for a week and I cannot function and it is just fueling my anxiety. I told my doctor who still thinks it is anxiety but he said I should get a blood test and a chest xray to put my mind at ease but the thought of them finding something is scaring the hell out of me. Has anyone here with anxiety being experiencing this kind of fatigue/tiredness?

Jason
yes i have experienced that exactly. i feel tired ALL the time. constantly. i dont think it's anything to worry about because fatigue is  a symptom of anxiety. i think you should get the tests done because it might put your mind at ease. see a therapist it has really helped me.
Hey there,

The fact that you so freaked out is a good sign that your feelings are symptoms of anxiety. Plus, anxiety and fatigue often go hand in hand. that's why so many people with anxiety also describe mild depression.

Lung cancer? Unlikely. Hypochondria. Probably. Check out this link: http://www.mc2method.com/hypochondria.html

I think it will sound familiar!

Take it easy on yourself :)
Absolutely anxiety related issues, maybe even slight depression since they seem to overlap each other.  I can relate to you in one sec. how you are feeling.  Going through the motions at this moment.  All I can say is hang in there, and keep motivated!  You're not alone with this disorder.  As for your Doc's recommendations for blood work, etc.  Go ahead and do the tests, it will relieve your anxiety that nothing is wrong with you.  Recently, I had full blood work done, ECG, 24hr. Holter moniter, Echocardiogram, CAT Scan, you name it.  I figured I must have had some sort of vitamin deficiency or over-acive thyroid issues, but nope, all negative.  Even went as far to test myself for all STD's/HIV.  Does sound a bit extreme, but I feel much better knowing that I'm suffering from anxiety/depression rather than something else.  Sure I may sound like a hypcondriac, but I'm doing what I can to eleminate other related illnesses that may be a root to my anxiety.
Hang in there with everything!  I simple blood test never hurts.  Also, I've included a web link of famous people that have/are suffering with anxiety.  Have a wonderful day!  My prayers go out to you. . .

http://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiety-famous-people.shtml
Thank you all so much for your help the support has beeb fantastic and im starting to feel better already!
Just an affirmation here too, and a recommendation you look at the stress at work.  That's where most of mine happen(ed), and depression comes with it too.  

Glad to hear you are doing better!  
Yes the human mind is complex & many things can go awry.

I am 51 years old & for as long as I can remember, have always been regarded as a 'carefree' person. And basically I was, or am. People were always asking - 'how come you're always so happy?' Then, a few years ago, I had this depressing dream & things suddenly changed. I began to develop insomnia. I would become irritated with minor things; even something as harmless as a joke from a collegue. Then there were the feelings of dread, as though I were experiencing some sort of premonition of disaster.

I do not actually feel depressed, just anxious & irritated, which led me to conclude that I suffer from a mild anxiety disorder. Nowadays I sleep pretty well but often wake feeling tired or unrefreshed as 'bagonerves' has described.

I find that the best approach is to remain aware that these negative feelings are fake & invasive. If I feel upset I examine that feeling and try to get to the root of it and usually find it to be groundless. Then it's easier to shrug off. I practice sleep hygiene and eat well.

I hope these observations help.
I am 36 and had my first experience of anxiety when I was probably around 9ish when bang out of no where this horrible sensation took over me, and that was it my mind seemed to be on fire and all I could do was think about it which made it worse , loss of appetite insomnia the lot, it happend a couple of times again after that which I never told any one about as I thought people would think I was a bit mad as I did!even I didn't know what it was!! I went for years and years after this until at 31 I got delayed concision after a ski fall and I thought it was happening all over again! The thoughts of my childhood anxiety I think had increased as memories do to a point that again my thought cycle went on and on ! It seems to last up to 6 months with good days and bad days which makes it sometimes even more difficult to work out as you think I'm better today then boom middle of the night the worrying thoughts begin and the tension sets in ! But some how it does fade ! Hit the anxiety head on most of the books say but some times it's damn hard to know what it is ! I'm pretty sure my main issue is being scared of the actually anxiety and the fact it just gets in the bloody way of really enjoying life! Any how as I sit here typing this my tension of the day has dropped so thanks for reading ! As a wise man said to me once "things only get better " keep on believing G
TinaR10 I am officially nervous to ... Comment
15 mins ago
Alzheimer's Prevention
44 mins ago by gymdandee
Tocldja Feeling a lot better other ... Comment
1 hr ago