Anxiety,stress, and depression causing nausea!
I am so tired of my anxiety, stress, and depression causing me to be nauseous a lot of the time. Does anyone else experience nausea daily from these things??If so, does anyone have anything in specific that helps a lot? Thank you so much.
Many of us that have anxiety also have stomach problems. I would recommend seeing your Dr to find out what you can take for your nausea. There are over the counter meds you can take, but you really should see your Dr first to find out if you may have GERD or a possible ulcer.
That's true, thank you I really appreciate it. Just needed to know that I am not the only one.
Your very welcome. And no, you're not the alone with the nausea.
In fact, GERD can cause depression and anxiety like symptoms. I have had gastritis for 4 months but thought it was anxiety until a few months ago when I started taking Omeprazole for it. When a wave of heartburn or sick stomach feeling hits from nowhere and lasts for hours, it is easy ot think it is anxiety butterflies.
I went on Celexa in Nov thinking I had an anxiety problem (which I do to some degree) but lately have been wondering if I even need it. I don't want to go off until the gastritis settles down. If it ever does.
Thanks so much! =)
Hmm wow, that is really interesting! Thank you so much for your insight! What are your symptoms specifically of your personal GERD? That actually sounds a lot like me. I am thinking it is also a hormonal imbalance for me, but what you said sounds familiar to the way that I am feeling as well. Do you find the Celexa helps at all? My doctor prescribed me to take it, but I never did. I am very skeptical about taking any medications, I am trying to live a drug free life and beat this by curing any imbalance in my body, which is not easy. I've thought about trying something like that for a short span of time. I was on Amytriptolyne 10mg for a few years, and it only helped me with racing thoughts a bit. I didn't like being on that because I'd rather not have to be on any medication, but if the Celexa really helps you a lot, than it could be at least an option. Thanks for your help!Hope you start feeling better soon!!
I took suffer from multiple stomach problems. sometimes the nausea hits outta no where an im more borderline nauseous for hours. i have other stomach problems too. i usually sip vernors or eat ice and suck on altoids. thats all i can really do :/
I can't tell if the Celexa helps until I clear up the gerd. I don't feel nervous anymore but that may have gone away on its own. If I sip room temp. water it dilutes the stomach acid and often takes away the problem. (I read about that low tech solution.) I don't understand why fnbm is sucking ice as the stomach does not like big temperature changes from body temp.
I recently discovered that buckwheat pancakes made with blueberries, banana and apple sauce don't cause problems, so that is about all I have eaten for a week. Buckwheat is actually from the seed family, so maybe grains don't agree with me. The gerd is mainly gone since I went on this unvaried diet, so I am going to continue for another week to see if it heals up. If so, I will start adding other foods.