Anxiety Community
Anxiety/stress or something more?

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Anxiety/stress or something more?

I have never thought of myself to be one that has panic attacks however like everyone else I do have stress. I would say that I have some anxiety but never really thought it was severe but I could be wrong. I do worry alot and I am a hypochondriac. Lately I have had shortness of breath. It seems to fluctuate and isnt something that will last all day. It is more noticeable when I am not doing very much because I am more likely to notice myself breathing when I am not busy or preoccupied with work or something else. I notice it more at night but it can be random. I have gained a little weight in the past few months and dont know if that could contribute. My appetite is still there and is fine other than the fact I have been getting bloated more often even after a small meal. Last night out of nowhere I began to feel slight tingling in my arms and face (while feeling short of breath) and am not sure if it was a panic attack or what.. nothing was going on that could have induced this but I don't know if they can be random and occur without cause. Any ideas on what could be going on? I do use tobacco(dip) and was using it when this happened.. not sure if nicotine could be a factor.
When ever you have any kind of unusual symptoms it's best to see your Dr for a check up. It's really hard for us to say if your symptoms are from stress or something physical is going on.
Stress is a pretty meaningless term -- as you say, everyone has stress, but people handle it so differently.  There is no life without stress.  Your anxiety is pretty mild, so I would suggest seeing a therapist who specializes in relaxation techniques and breathing exercises and meditation that will help you overcome your worry and breathing issues, but as said above, when you suddenly get odd sensations, it's not a bad idea to see a doc and see if something is going on.
Medium-chain triglycerides
16 mins ago by gymdandee
10356 commented on 10356's status
ethereaal is ... unwell Comment
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms