Anxiety
Ok so the dr prescribed me Ativan to take twice a day .05, i called him up last week and said it was not helping, he went ahead and told me to take 1. twice a a day.  Some days i do get some relief, never great, but today, its crazy.  My stomach is in knots, i m sweaty/clammy, potty issues, the list goes on.  Now what?  How i am suppose to keep going on like this when i am just not happy and feel to sick all the time?  Anyone have experience with Ativan, good or bad, i would love to hear about it.
I have not experienced Ativan, but the dr likely perscribed it to see if your anxiety was a short term issue.  How long have you been dealing with severe anxiety?  If it appears that it's not going away, your doctor may suggest going on an anti-depressant like Zoloft.  I would go on the anti-depressant as long as you're sure your anxiety is not situational or temporary.
I am on 100mg of Zoloft,and have a prescription for Ativan 0.5mg as needed. For me the Ativan works great.But also taking the Zoloft makes it work better.Zoloft is for anxiety and depression,but more for depression.Ativan is mainly for anxiety. Since taking 100mg of Zoloft,my need for Ativan has dramaticlly decreased.