Anxiety Community
Anxiety+Pregnancy=Worried!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Anxiety+Pregnancy=Worried!!

Hello!

So.. I'm not sure if there's any pregnant ladies on here, but I'm having a bit of a problem. I've been dealing with generalized anxiety and depression since I was 16 years old. I am 20 years old now (going to be 21 in December), and found out 2 weeks ago that I am about 7 or 8 weeks pregnant. Though it was not planned, my boyfriend and I beyond happy and blessed that I have a little bun in the oven. Anyways, I've been taking medication for anxiety and depression the past 4 years (Valium, Lamictal, Zololft), and just yesterday my phsychatrist told me to stop taking the Valium and Lamictal, but stay on the Zoloft, because I am not able to function without it. I'd be having panic attacks all throughout the day, and have terrible depresonalization. Anyways, I take 200mg every night, and I'm so scared that it's going to harm the baby. My phsychatrist told me to think about it, because the benefits outweigh the risks. It still freaks me out though, because all I want is a healthy baby. I'm so scared of having a miscarrige, or having the baby have a birth defect or have the baby die when I give birth. I'm also afraid that something might happen to me! Since being diagnosed with anxiety and depression, I have had this feeling that I am going to die young. That I don't have much longer to live. As far as I know, I have no life threatning diseases or anything. I just have anxiety, depression, GERD, and I also have vitamin D deficiancy. For some reason though, I have a feeling I'm going to die young. I feel like I'm going to have something horrible happen to me while I'm pregnant.. Or that something might happen to the baby. It is so stressful and it kills my boyfriend, because it hurts him to hear these things come out of my mouth. I just don't know what to do. I live in constant fear of something horrible happening! Any little pain, ache, whatever it is, I feel like it's something horrible about to happen or is happening. Has anyone else ever felt like this? All I want is to be okay, and have a beautiful healthy baby. I'm so paranoid and sick of it. I want to get these thoughts out of my head! It's just so hard to though. Having anxiety symptoms and pregnancy symptoms all at the same time.. It's just so much!
Jade59 commented on mclovin
1 hr ago
Swollentoe commented on joycake's status
1 hr ago
Lizziesj27 commented on photo
1 hr ago