Anxiety Community
Anybody had success with fish oil for anxiety?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Anybody had success with fish oil for anxiety?

I have read that the omega 3 in fish oil can help with the symptoms of anxiety and depression by increasing serotonin levels.
Has anybody had any experiences?
Tags: serotonin
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Omega3 oils are excellent for brain activity and for the skin.   I give it to my son for adhd and it helps his concentration levels.  Therefore it's not surprising that it could help for anxiety too.  It is excellent for the health and certainly being healthy helps fight anxiety.

Go for it and let us know.
Blank
Hello,

I've heard the use of omega 3 in Depression, but not in Anxiety. I wouldn't be supprised if it works for Anxiety, as I've heard this stuff can work miracles.

I might try it myself to see if I notice any changes. =]

Thanks

- John -
Blank
I tried a number of vitamins, herbs, and minerals, yet nothing helped. I thought that maybe they just didn't work for me, but then I came across anxietycentre.com and they have a list of many things people try for anxiety, with survey results that show how effective they were. You might find that information helpful. It kinda explains why some things work  and don't work.

You can find this information in their anxiety tips and news section. They've also list a lot of the symptoms of anxiety. That was helpful to me too.

Blank
369538_tn?1225387712
I have been taking 2000 mg of Salmon oil daily for 4 months and also twice daily Holy Basil.  With this regimen I have not had to take xanax since I started.  I have also started using paced breathing and qi gong exercises especially for anxiety attacks with great results.  
Blank
I've been taking fish oil (1000mg/day) for about 8 months now. I cannot say it alone has helped my anxiety since I am also taking other supplements but I have been off klonopin for about 3 months now. Fish oil is good for the heart as well. I would recommend this supplement to all for general well being.
Blank
i take omega 3 fish oil caps. 1 twice a day. it also works for depression for me. my anxiety attacks have decreased greatly. i also learned controlled breathing. i believe the fish oil caps. are amazing. at least they work wonderfully for me. wuckie
Blank
433485_tn?1321816990
my pdoc also suggested I try the fish oil with flax seed for depression and anxiety.  He also suggested something called Deplin ( folic acid?), and said they are seeing results with both.  I am hoping that it is true and am going to get some and try it today.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
4059843_tn?1402216397
Blank
mishymoshymarcy Head in the books Marcy. Do... Comment
2 hrs ago
4059843_tn?1402216397
Blank
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
2 hrs ago
1926359_tn?1331591739
Blank
lulu747 commented on 8 months off Subutex ...
2 hrs ago
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms
Start Tracking Now
Top Anxiety Answerers
480448_tn?1403547723
Blank
nursegirl6572
PA
Blank