Anxiety Community
Anybody had success with fish oil for anxiety?

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

I have read that the omega 3 in fish oil can help with the symptoms of anxiety and depression by increasing serotonin levels.
Has anybody had any experiences?
Tags: serotonin
Omega3 oils are excellent for brain activity and for the skin.   I give it to my son for adhd and it helps his concentration levels.  Therefore it's not surprising that it could help for anxiety too.  It is excellent for the health and certainly being healthy helps fight anxiety.

Go for it and let us know.

I've heard the use of omega 3 in Depression, but not in Anxiety. I wouldn't be supprised if it works for Anxiety, as I've heard this stuff can work miracles.

I might try it myself to see if I notice any changes. =]

- John -
I tried a number of vitamins, herbs, and minerals, yet nothing helped. I thought that maybe they just didn't work for me, but then I came across anxietycentre.com and they have a list of many things people try for anxiety, with survey results that show how effective they were. You might find that information helpful. It kinda explains why some things work  and don't work.

You can find this information in their anxiety tips and news section. They've also list a lot of the symptoms of anxiety. That was helpful to me too.

I have been taking 2000 mg of Salmon oil daily for 4 months and also twice daily Holy Basil.  With this regimen I have not had to take xanax since I started.  I have also started using paced breathing and qi gong exercises especially for anxiety attacks with great results.  
I've been taking fish oil (1000mg/day) for about 8 months now. I cannot say it alone has helped my anxiety since I am also taking other supplements but I have been off klonopin for about 3 months now. Fish oil is good for the heart as well. I would recommend this supplement to all for general well being.
i take omega 3 fish oil caps. 1 twice a day. it also works for depression for me. my anxiety attacks have decreased greatly. i also learned controlled breathing. i believe the fish oil caps. are amazing. at least they work wonderfully for me. wuckie
my pdoc also suggested I try the fish oil with flax seed for depression and anxiety.  He also suggested something called Deplin ( folic acid?), and said they are seeing results with both.  I am hoping that it is true and am going to get some and try it today.
mishymoshymarcy Sometimes the things that a... Comment
Tomoose commented on guilt vs risk
Tomoose commented on ARS SYMPTOMS vs. ANXI...
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms