Anxiety Community
Anyone have a good experience with Prozac?

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

I have been diagnosed with general anxiety disorder, as well as panic disorder. I currently take Klonopin for the panic disorder, but was just prsecribed Prozac to help with my general anxiety. I have tried other SSRIs like Lexapro, but always had terrible dise effects. Has anyone had a good/bad experience with Prozac? What is the SSRI that typically produces the mildest side effects? I'm getting really tired of constantly switching meds, Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!!
Tags: prozac
I have personally had a good experience with Prozac.  Now, of course...I also had a lot of luck with Zoloft and Lexapro as well.  I WILL say that the side effects of Prozac were much less severe and noticeable than the other two...I hardly had any side effects at all.  Prozac is notorious for being easier to tolerate than some of the other AD's.

I hope that you do well on the Prozac.  If you do experience some mild side effects...try to ride it out, they start to subside fairly quickly and then eventually dissipate all together.  With these meds, you often have to feel worse before you feel better.  People with GAD have had great success with SSRI type meds, it is often a first line treatment, so please give it a chance.

Don't get hung up on other people's horror stories.  It's fine to ask for input and for others to share their experiences, but just remember that what was one person's nightmare could be the next person's miracle.

Please let us know how you are doing,
My prozac use is for PMDD and GAD. I have great response for the PMDD. However I am constantly overwhelmed with panic still. Numerous times a day.
Thanks for the input. I'm on day three of taking the medicine, and so far the only thing I really notice is that I'm feeling alot more energetic.....which in a way is good, until I try to go sleep at night. I'm hoping this wired feeling will pass soon.
Are u still on prozac? If so, how is it going? I've been on for about a week and freaking out a little. Pls let me know how it's going.
I have just recently started having anxiety/ panic attacks. It was usually around my cycle  that it seemed worse. This month, however, it has not let up! My gp put me on klonopin .5mg twice a day. then my ob/gyn says i need as ssri which is prozac. I'm really nervous about taking these/any meds. So far no side effects from prozac day 4. the klonopin does help too. I only take .25mg in the daytime because of it making me sleepy. Does anyone have any idea why anxiety hits all of the sudden. I have great marriage kids are fine. Just really confused as to why this is happening!! Thoughts please!
mishymoshymarcy Your life is as good as you... Comment
55 mins ago
mishymoshymarcy commented on oral presentation
57 mins ago
Nighthawk61 commented on oral presentation
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms