Anxiety Community
Anyone try Latuda for anxiety?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Anyone try Latuda for anxiety?

Is there anybody out there who tried or is taking Latuda for anxiety or anxiety disorders?

If so, what dose are you taking, what side effects do you get, and any other information you wish to share about your treatment with Latuda.

Thanks everybody,
Andy
I don't know who prescribed this medication for you, but I would get a second opinion ASAP!

If you have "simple" anxiety such as GAD, (Generalized Anxiety Disorder) SAD, (Social Anxiety Disorder) health anxiety or if you experience anxiety or panic attacks, you are being treated with an inappropriate and dangerous medication.

Lurasidone, (Latuda) is used to treat the symptoms of SCHIZOPHRENIA and is in a class of medications called ATYPICAL ANTIPSYCHOTICS. They should never be prescribed for anxiety/panic/OCD or depression.

I do not have the qualifications nor the authority to tell you to stop taking this medication, but I'd sure as hell get that second opinion yesterday!
Please let me know what you find out.
Peace
Greenlydia
Talk to your doctor as to exactly "why" he prescribed this for you.  It is mainly used to treat Schizophrenia but it is also prescribed for other uses. Hope this helps!
As the above poster has repeated, Latuda is almost exclusively used to treat Schizophrenia, but she adds that it is prescribed for "other uses." After a great deal more reading and three phone calls, I have found that the ONLY other condition Latuda is used for is bi-polar disorder and most doctors prescribe it as a last ditch attempt due to its side effects.

As the preceeding poster advised......"Ask your doctor WHY he prescribed this for you."
I absolutely agree about asking the question "Why?" But I'd definitely be asking it of another doctor!

Is there, by any chance, something you haven't shared with us? Do you feel/fear that you may have something beyond anxiety? If so, please do not hesitate to talk to us about it.........we are all here with our own problems just trying to help each other through another day.
Well.......just know that we're always here for you.
Peace
Greenlydia

I have bipolar. My doctor out of the blue changed my med from respridone to latuda. She told my insurance it was because of side effects but I have been taking it for 2 years with no side effects. I also wa s told I only have bipolar until sswitched my med to latuda she casually mentioned I have schizophrenia, which was a shock to me. I also take buspar and lamictal. Does she get a payout for prescribing me Latuda? I feel like since. She told me that diagnosis it has affected my thoughts and I'm trying to accept the diagnosis but also feel somehow she is getting a payout from the pharmaceutical company.  

lamictal and buspar. She told me recently changed alot of her patients to latuda. Does she get a payout from the insurance company by prescribing so many Matilda prescriptions
I'd strongly recommend you seek a second opinion as soon as possible. I don't know about kickbacks for prescribing Latuda, but for her to suddenly, and as you say, "casually" that you're schizophreniac is extremely suspect to me.
Keep taking any medication she has prescribed, but do get a second opinion.
Please let us know what happens, OK?
I wish you the best
Peace
Greenlydia
Latuda is used off label for bipolar, fairly commonly as far as I know. Another point of interest: Latuda is class B pregnancy category, rather than class Cs like the SSRIs (Prozac, Lexapro and the like). I suspect that this will lead to increased uses for depression, ocd, and other conditions etc. in pregnant women.
I have PTSD with Depression, Anxiety, & SI. The doctor started me on Latuda and has been following me closely. I was hoping it would help the anxiety, depression and loss of time (PTSD issues), but I only see a slight improvement in my moods. I am not schizophrenic or bipolar...
Spectrals added the Sleep Tracker
2 mins ago
blockhead123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
melimeli commented on Jewels63's status