Anyone try lyrica for anxiety, panic?
Prescribed 20 mg prozac for 15 years because I suffered from panic attacks.  During my 15th yr. at 20mg prozac I suffered a panic attack and Dr. upped my dose to 40 then 60mg.  Did not have another panic attack, but could not overcome the anticipatory fear of having another attack.  Dr. included 50 BID of Lyrica three weeks ago and I'm feeling normal again. Anyone have any experience with lyrica?
Okay folks, I know plenty of people are on this forum every day, lol. Can someone please give me some input, I am still wondering if the other shoe is going to drop, and I am know there are others that have more expreience than I do. I'd just like a little feedback. Thanks for your help.
Hi.
I don't have any experience with Lyrica myself, but I know that it's classified as an anti- epilepticum. Much used for it's analgetic properties(against peripheral and central neuropathic pain) but also it is indicated for GAD (not panic attacks) .Pregabalin(the working agent) is GABAergic, it has structural similarities with GABA and hence are thought to work in the same way in the brain(inhibiting) whilst it also has an inhibiting effect on the processes of glutamate and nor-adrenaline (which are stimulating in their nature)

Hope someone who've actually tried it comes along to give you a better answer:)
Good luck!

Nora

Is it really helping you with your panic?,Because i have been trying to find somthing that will help me
I am taking 50mg lyrica bid with 60mg prozac.  So far so good.  It has been about four weeks and I feel confident.  It appeared that the prozac lost something.  So my Psych decided to boost it with the lyrica.