Anxiety Community
Ativan 2mg

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Ativan 2mg

I'm on 2mg of Ativan a night for sleep, I think I'm starting to see a pattern that if I miss a dose 1 night my body starts to have flu like symptoms, skin feels like it's burning, body is shaking anxiety is off the charts. Am I sick or going through withdrawal? From 1 night??
wow thats a big dose for sleep, yes your body is telling you it needs it , withdraws are bad. dont miss it or start to wing yourself off of that drug. there are a lot other things you can take for sleep. most drs wont give that drug for bad anxiety much less for sleeping.
I was on 1mg to assist with sleep - but only as needed.  The doctor who prescribed it to me warned me that I shouldn't be taking it on a regular basis because it was highly addictive and withdrawal could be bad.  I ended up having to go on a SSRI and do therapy in order to deal with my underlying problems (health anxiety) that were causing me to not be able to sleep.
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms