Anxiety Community
Ativan and Klonopin--?!?!?!?!?!?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Ativan and Klonopin--?!?!?!?!?!?

What is the Equivelant dose between the 2? Is it .5 klonopin= 1 Ativan?

After being on Klonopin for 12 years, they now have switched me to Ativan.
people have told me ativan is stronger in equivalent dose, but my experience is the opposite.  It takes about 3 times as much ativan to equal a klonopin... personally.  A support group for people withdrawing from benzos claims xanax and clonazepam(klonopin) to be about equal strength for equal dose, and that ativan is about half as strong.  which concurs with my experience.

If possible, get off.  The withdrawals are a force to reckon with.  Just my 2 cents, though don't stop immediately.  that would be quite dangerous.
My Mother passed away 2 months ago. Since then my Anxiety and depression has been on a rampage. Things i should have been managing better were ignored, and my mothers death pushed it all over the edge.

I have been a regular in the ER where the doctors give me ativan to calm me down, or I go to sleep with adrenaline burnout after hours of panic.

When i question my meds I am told that my excessive worry about eveything including my meds, is part of my problem.

As to why they put me on Ativan, I guess because it knocks me out?
I think what Ryan was getting at is that you need a second medical opinion.  The amount of Ativan you'd have to take to replace the Klonopin (and avoid Klonopin withdrawl (withdrawal) [high anxiety among other things]) would land you in addiction territory.

Second opinion.  Call for an appointment somewhere tomorrow, and explain to the person at the desk that you need to see the doctor as soon as possible.  Don't let them put you off until next week or something.  Try to get squeezed in tomorrow, even if you have to sit up there half the day.
abi112233 commented on Unexplained tongue pr...
LovemyKids86 commented on cnj76's status
LovemyKids86 What a day, found out my ol... Comment