Anxiety Community
Ativan and weight gain

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Ativan and weight gain

Does Ativan cause weight gain
I've consulted the vast Medhelp database and do find that, while appetite may be affected, there is nothing about whether that means you gain or you lose weight. And in any event, few things happen in our body for just one simple reason. Usually, there are a host of factors to deal with, so I'd be reluctant to say that its just one thing or the other thing -and I'd be uneasy with anyone who tried to give me a definite yes or no without knowing ALL the facts.

Your question suggests that you either have taken the Ativan and gained weight, or that someone told you that if you DID take it you WOULD gain weight. So, I'm curious to know what has prompted your query and I hope you will enlighten us.

And speaking of enlightment, I see that you are a new member as of this month -but have YET to fill out any profile info. Why not take the leap, tell us a little about yourself and join the conversation here on the forum.

Sound good?

Thanks for your question.
melimeli commented on mhv's status
25 mins ago
mishymoshymarcy I WILL MAKE TODAY A PRODUCT... Comment
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms