Anxiety Community
BETA BLOCKER AFTER SURGERY

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

BETA BLOCKER AFTER SURGERY

I AM GOING TO HAVE GALLBLDDER SURGERY SOON. I TAKE MEDS FOR BLOOD PRESSURE AND MY BLOOD PRESSURE STAYS PRETTY LOW 101 OVER 62 OR LESS NOW IM SCARED WITH THE ANESTHESIA IT WILL BE TO LOW AND I TAKE IT MORNING AND NIGHT 25 MG. WILL I BE ABLE TO TAKE IT AT NIGHT AFTER SURGERY THAT DAY TOO IM SCARED NOT TO, HAVING PALPITATIONS. HAS SOMEONE GONE THROUGH THIS PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE THANK YOU!! LISA1718
Please talk with your doctor.  He/she will know and understand what to do and will advise you correctly.

Also, mention it again when you get into the hospital and the surgeon comes to see you, this way everyone is aware of it and give you the best help.
CALM DOWN!
Your surgeon will be VERY aware of the medications you are taking as will your anesthesiologist! They will be monitoring you very closely throughout the surgery and are not going to let anything happen to you.
You will meet with your anesthesiologist the day of your surgery and you can address these concerns with him/her then. You should also have a pre-surgical consult with your doctor and they will give you a list of instructions regarding what you can and can't do the day before the surgery. More than likely you will be told to continue taking whatever your normal meds are. The only exception I can think of right now would be if you were on a blood thinner such as Coumadin. They may have you hold that. I will assume you will be in the hospital for at least one day following surgery, even if it's done laprascopically. Your doctor will decide which meds you should or shouldn't take, and if he thinks you absolutely cannot go without your BP meds, they will be included in your chart.
You are working yourself up over nothing. I promise.
Peace
Greenlydia
Thank you for the advice. Having to wait for surgery for a month has made me get some real anxiety about it. It seems people who put stuff on the internet about surgery are all people who have had problems not to encouraging. My husbands so glad you told me that, I'm driving him crazy about it. I need to chill out!! Thank you again Lisa1718
I know I do need to chill out!! having to wait for surgery lets your anxiety go wild. I've been on the internet alot most have problems it seems after but i know the ones that do have good outcomes don't write about it  they  just go on. Right, yeah I know. Thank you for talking to me and replying it really does help!! Thank you again, Lisa1718
Good luck with your surgery.  It will all be over soon and you will look back on this time and say to yourself "why was I so worried about it?".  For now, it's the anxiety that takes a hold and believe me I completely understand how you feel.

I had surgery about 6 weeks ago and was frantic about it as I had to stay wake during the procedure, my doctor gave me a Valium before hand and I was flying high during the whole thing.  So I do know just how you feel!

Good luck and fill your time with tons of fun family stuff until then.  Let us know how it goes.
mishymoshymarcy "Emotions are only a tempor... Comment
48 mins ago
gymdandee Great Comment
remar commented on Doctors Appt.