Anxiety Community
BUSPAR AND VIVID DREAMS. PLEASE HELP.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

BUSPAR AND VIVID DREAMS. PLEASE HELP.

Does anyone taking Buspar have vivid dreams or wake up a few times in the middle of the night?  I just want to know if its the medication that is causing this.  If so, what should I suggest to make it stop?  I don't really want to go on a new medication in fear of getting dependent on it.  thanks!
Yes, I was on Buspar for a few days, and it made me really groggy, so i started taking it at night to sleep through the side effects, and it made me have so very intense life like dreams that woke me up alot. Also, you need to be careful because you may become dependent on the Buspar. It had withdraw effects, and it's only supposed to be used short-term. Good luck!!!
Yes.  I was on Buspar for a couple of weeks and I had vivid dreams to the point that I couldn't get back to sleep.  I also had several other side effects that I just couldn't take so I quit taking it.
Buspar is considered NON addictive in the sense that it wont kill you while going through "withdraws"
Its NOT addictive like Heroin, Benzos, Opiates, Coke, etc...
Its actually prefered to try for anxiety before a Doc puts a person on a Benzodiazapine.
Now, just like any other Physc med...they all have disountinuation syndrome, but Buspar is a non narcotic, so its not like if you take it for a week or so like your going to go through bad withdraws
It has been approved for long term use........but I myself dont trust the FDA
The Doc made a good choice trying you on that before he put you on a benzo."Benzos are highly addictive"

Ive noticed myself all Physc meds give me crazy dreams, sometimes I kinda like em, lol
Yes Buspar made me have vivid dreams about the very thing I didnt want to think about - the husband who left me!!! Id have dreams where he would make me cry and say how much he didnt care about me...I couldnt sleep after that....I prefer xanax. I asked the Dr for xanax but they say benzos are additctive...i say: ALL DRUGS are addictive...And if Im prescribed Buspar 3x/day vs Xanax PRN, which is REALLY making you worse? Doctors are not God. You know your body ...fight for what works.had to goto a therapist, and 3 Drs before my therapist saw I was under hih stress and needed the xanax for my panic attacks. None of the other stuff is fast acting. Guess the saleforce doesnt psuh as much sincebenzos speak for themselves.THEY WORK FOR PANIC AND ANXIETY!!!!
I have noticed that while taking BuSpar I have extremely vivid dreams, that are almost always unpleasant.  Its not an every once in a while thing either.  I just got back on BuSpar and the dreams have started again. These wild dreams are EVERY SINGLE NIGHT, and are so disturbing it takes me at least an hour to get back to sleep.  With so many people commenting about this same specific side effect it does make me feel better that I'm not the only one.
gyspy09 going to stay off here for ... Comment
21 mins ago
mishymoshymarcy Im falling, i knew this tim... Comment
blockhead123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...